Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

HELP certificate or reference of employment?

HELP certificate or reference of employment?

Old May 1st 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default HELP certificate or reference of employment?

Ok so I am registering with NSW education dept, filled in my previous work...e mailed all of them for a reference of work or cert of employment (pre teaching) and have received a BL$$$$$dy e mail from one of them saying
:
Dear Plantpot
I forwarded your email to KAE but unfortunately the Principal at the time of your employment has left, and we were unable to find any staff who can confirm your position.
Furthermore, we do not hold any records for longer than 5 years in accordance with data protection act.
We are sorry we cannot help you further. Best of luck obtaining other means of certificate.

kind regards,

WTF???

Now it looks like I am lying?
CAn I get tax or NI records? How on earth can I confirm this??? Everyone else has said yes....I am tempted to ring the principal myself although he didn't employ me...I know it's a big organisation in London but come on!!!!!!!

Any ideas???

Am so peeeeeed off.....

PP xx
Old May 1st 2009, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

lekkilizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP certificate or reference of employment?

Originally Posted by plantpot
Ok so I am registering with NSW education dept, filled in my previous work...e mailed all of them for a reference of work or cert of employment (pre teaching) and have received a BL$$$$$dy e mail from one of them saying
:
Dear Plantpot
I forwarded your email to KAE but unfortunately the Principal at the time of your employment has left, and we were unable to find any staff who can confirm your position.
Furthermore, we do not hold any records for longer than 5 years in accordance with data protection act.
We are sorry we cannot help you further. Best of luck obtaining other means of certificate.

kind regards,

WTF???

Now it looks like I am lying?
CAn I get tax or NI records? How on earth can I confirm this??? Everyone else has said yes....I am tempted to ring the principal myself although he didn't employ me...I know it's a big organisation in London but come on!!!!!!!

Any ideas???

Am so peeeeeed off.....

PP xx
Have you kept pay slips??

Perhaps Payroll dept of Borough in London should be able to help.

Find it strange because my first school 17 long years ago were able to provide me with a letter and the Head had died !!
Old May 1st 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HELP certificate or reference of employment?

Originally Posted by lekkilizard
Have you kept pay slips??

Perhaps Payroll dept of Borough in London should be able to help.

Find it strange because my first school 17 long years ago were able to provide me with a letter and the Head had died !!

Unf I havem't kept any no...it was about 7/8 years ago and I have moved to three countries in that time...you are right maybe the LOndon Borough could help, or summat...anyhow I replied.....

see how far that gets me....

I mentioned that

" I do indeed remember you and how kindly you sorted out my employment contract'

also stating that "I have contacted other places of work previous to five years ago and they have informed me that they do keep records in accordance with the child protection register, and have been able to supply a simple form certifying I worked there and the dates."

I did offer to contact the CRB myself to show I had had a check for employment purposes as i KNOW I didn't have one although I did suggest it....HMMMMM...that might make them FIND me...the lazy arĀ£es!

Keep yer fingers crossed...do you think even if they supplied a spiel about data protection and destroying records it would wash...sounds weird to me!!!!