Help and advice needed

Old Mar 9th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future
Default Help and advice needed

Please can anyone help!!!!!!

I am a qualified primary school teacher over here in the Uk and have applied for my Australian visa using my qualifications. At the moment I teach year 4 but when I move to OZ I want a career change to work with the early years (pre-primary). My dream is to eventually open my own kindergarten over there. Am I right in thinking that a degree as an early childhood teacher is required and if so can I do a post graduate degree on the basis that I have a BA (HONS) in primary education over here?????????

Thank-you for any help that can be given
Old Apr 7th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help and advice needed

Originally Posted by emmal
Please can anyone help!!!!!!

I am a qualified primary school teacher over here in the Uk and have applied for my Australian visa using my qualifications. At the moment I teach year 4 but when I move to OZ I want a career change to work with the early years (pre-primary). My dream is to eventually open my own kindergarten over there. Am I right in thinking that a degree as an early childhood teacher is required and if so can I do a post graduate degree on the basis that I have a BA (HONS) in primary education over here?????????

Thank-you for any help that can be given
Can't really answer you , but I teach early years in the UK and if I were to carry on teaching in Oz, that's what I'd like to do.I trained from 1986 to 90 in a B.ed hons degree (3-11), there was no childhood degree as there is now.I would advise trying to get some experience here in the UK before you go.I know it'll be a pain and might not be possible,but unless you want to retrain over there, it might be your only course of action.Have you ever thought of working in a kindergarten over there as an assistant, I know the pays not great,but it will give you an insight into the working of kindy school.
Hope this helps
Nick