Early Childhood Teaching

Closed Thread

Old Jun 7th 2014, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future
Default Early Childhood Teaching

Hi all, I am trying to catch up in the world of Early Childhood teaching. I have a 3 year BA teaching degree and have always had issues with finding a teaching job over here in Oz since we arrived 7 years ago. I found a job as a group leader in a childcare centre back in 2009 and I absolutely loved my job and have to say I was very happy. That was until they decided to change the rules and brought Qualified teachers into childcare. Again I was classed as unqualified and my job was on the line. I looked into my options and was granted a scholarship from the government to study an extra year of teaching to top up my qualifications. However during my study I became pregnant with our daughter and dropped the study as I knew I would be taking time out of the work force to look after our daughter. Now 3 years down the line I am looking into returning to work and have just been reading up on the ACEQCA assessment for equivalent qualifications. If this assessment looks into prior experience may I be eligible to finally teach? Also will my past qualifications of my BTEC diploma in Childhood studies cover the area of children from 0-2 years? Any help in this area would be great and thanks in advance.