Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Do details correspond with Uk certificates?

Do details correspond with Uk certificates?

Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:09 pm
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Red face Do details correspond with Uk certificates?

Hi all, hope everyone had a good christmas and new year?
well, im back with questions again. Sorry!!

after trying to fill in the stages of the skills assessment, i have already come to problems!

all of the information they require?!!
- how do i prove my teaching practice experience? i have transcripts of observations from practices but no actual evidence!
so i need:- degree certificate of 4yr BED
- birth certificate, passport, visa etc- enough proof that im fluent English? sorry silly question but im stuck!!
- proof of at least one years pre-service tertiary training- i have no idea what that means???? is just teaching for 3 years at primary level acceptab;e with references from heads enough?
and what is the difference between a licence to teach and your degree? does that mean your DFES number or registration with GTC here?
It all seems to be the same information gained from the fact of having the 4 yr degree! If anyone has done this recently and can remember what they sent with the form can you please let me know?
I would greatly appreciate it- cheers!!!
Missapps
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do details correspond with Uk certificates?

Originally Posted by missapps
Hi all, hope everyone had a good christmas and new year?
well, im back with questions again. Sorry!!

after trying to fill in the stages of the skills assessment, i have already come to problems!

all of the information they require?!!
- how do i prove my teaching practice experience? i have transcripts of observations from practices but no actual evidence!
so i need:- degree certificate of 4yr BED
- birth certificate, passport, visa etc- enough proof that im fluent English? sorry silly question but im stuck!!
- proof of at least one years pre-service tertiary training- i have no idea what that means???? is just teaching for 3 years at primary level acceptab;e with references from heads enough?
and what is the difference between a licence to teach and your degree? does that mean your DFES number or registration with GTC here?
It all seems to be the same information gained from the fact of having the 4 yr degree! If anyone has done this recently and can remember what they sent with the form can you please let me know?
I would greatly appreciate it- cheers!!!
Missapps

Hello again

Yeah is transcripts, refrences, payslips, contract/job description, supervision papers, what ever you can dig up to prove that you have taught in a school.
You're native English speaker so won't need to prove it!
Yes references and other stuff will prove it!
pre-service tertiary training - Not exactly sure but isn't that PGCE year?
Give them both for licence, or could always phone up and ask?
Not done forms yet but hope what I've posted helps

Good luck
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:45 pm
missapps

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hello again

Yeah is transcripts, refrences, payslips, contract/job description, supervision papers, what ever you can dig up to prove that you have taught in a school.
You're native English speaker so won't need to prove it!
Yes references and other stuff will prove it!
pre-service tertiary training - Not exactly sure but isn't that PGCE year?
Give them both for licence, or could always phone up and ask?
Not done forms yet but hope what I've posted helps

Good luck
thanks australia-bound,
everyone on here is so helpful, i really do appreciate all help offered!

what are supervison papers?

transcripts- observations? only from 4th year practice i guess?
references- from present and old job? have them!
payslips- check!
contract- check!
i didnt do PGCe i trained as BEd so think i should be covered for that?
have both for license- same thing i think anyway?
let me know when you do your forms, it is apparently a LONG process, not sure whether to do visa or skills assessment first- can only afford to pay for one this month, but not sure which, although visa takes 6-9 months and skills take 2 months- am i correct?
thanks for help again
laura xx
Old Jan 10th 2007, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi

you need to do skills assessment first.

as for paperwork, i sent copy of transcript which had details of assignment grades and how many days spent in school each year, how many hours teaching time per subject etc. Sent as much info as i had. A note for later when you get statements of service done get exact dates e.g. 1st Sept no just Sept as you will need the same info when you start working to get paid at the correct level for your experience.

Any more questions please pm me.

Tracy
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Skills assessment has to come first, if you look on the visa forms it asks for your skills assessment number.

I also sent copies of the prospectus details for my uni courses to show their content and details of number of days teaching practice etc.

Remember when you get your copies certified to get 3 copies done as you will need to send everything you sent for skills assessment with your vias application, and then again when you register to teach with the state education authority (and they don't send your forms back)
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:32 am
missapps

Smile Re: Do details correspond with Uk certificates?

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Skills assessment has to come first, if you look on the visa forms it asks for your skills assessment number.

I also sent copies of the prospectus details for my uni courses to show their content and details of number of days teaching practice etc.

Remember when you get your copies certified to get 3 copies done as you will need to send everything you sent for skills assessment with your vias application, and then again when you register to teach with the state education authority (and they don't send your forms back)
thank you, i have already filled out my visa online and its been approved just waiting for skills assessment before i pay for it, but dont remember skills number being on there? so shall i fill out new one again, when i have got skills ass thing done?
also when you mention 'copies certified'- do you meean all the paperwork, birth cert, passport, degree, etc and can it be done by my current headteacher? or does it have to be a doctor etc?
sorry so many questions and still havent finished the skills thing yet, its so time consuming!!!
thanks again for any help
laura x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

thank you, i have already filled out my visa online and its been approved just waiting for skills assessment before i pay for it, but dont remember skills number being on there? so shall i fill out new one again, when i have got skills ass thing done?
also when you mention 'copies certified'- do you meean all the paperwork, birth cert, passport, degree, etc and can it be done by my current headteacher? or does it have to be a doctor etc?
sorry so many questions and still havent finished the skills thing yet, its so time consuming!!!
thanks again for any help
laura x

Get paperwork certified at local magistrates court, won't cost much. Think only people who work within Law can certify documents (but could well be wrong about this).
Nice to see you're progressing, in a panic all the way
Hope you chill out a bit soon, you're doing fine from what I can see in your posts
Old Jan 14th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi

you can reduce the amount of certified copies you need if you ask people writing references to make multiple copies - i got 5 of each - just make sure the headed paper is in colour or if the photocopied the page that they sign in blue so it can be seen as an original signature

Tracy
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:16 pm
missapps

Talking Re: Do details correspond with Uk certificates?

hi again, have just tried to phone the embassy to ask all these silly questions but they close at 4, when they deal with teaching questions! What uk teacher ever manages a call at 4?!

Anyway, -certified copies of evidence of teaching and/or studying in a n english language environment in uk within last five years:
does this mean contracts? or are letters offering employment ok?
or references from head? i only have contract for my current job and all my jobs have been on fixed term (temp contracts) because i have moved around schools for experience! Does this look bad? and does it matter? have references and letters but not contracts for all of them!

and does everything you are sending need to be certified?
or just [LIST][*]passport copy[*]degree[*]qts letter[*]GTC card[*]birth cert
or contracts etc too?
oh and as they ask for a level details and degree details, do they need certified copies of these too?
or just teaching experience and degree, and transcripts etc? not sure if i can even find my A level certs now!!!

ok im done i think, nearly ready to send this off!
do i just go to post office, bung it all in large envelope, pay postage and send?

so many questions!
if anyone answers thi si'll be amazed cos think i might be taking pi**!!
thanks, sorry evrything.
if not phone call when my parents have gone home!! if im lucky!!
cheers
Laura xxxxx

p.s. please reply!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I included pay slips for evidence of employment and degree and school certificates for education.

If you studied in the UK then you don't need to worry about proving you were taught in english.

At this stage you don't need references, they will be needed later for registration with the state education authority but that is a way down the line, you will also need statement of service from each school/ LEA you worked for, but again not yet.

I did certified copies of everything just to be on the safe side as didn't want it returned for a silly reason, i'm pretty sure they will want certified copies of A level certs as that relates to the requirements for getting on to your degree course.

I would also advise using a courier rather than royal mail as they can't track packages to oz. I'm a worrier so couldn't have left ot to royal mail like that. DHL i think is about £20.

Did I manage to answer all the questions
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi again, have just tried to phone the embassy to ask all these silly questions but they close at 4, when they deal with teaching questions! What uk teacher ever manages a call at 4?!

Anyway, -certified copies of evidence of teaching and/or studying in a n english language environment in uk within last five years:
does this mean contracts? or are letters offering employment ok?
or references from head? i only have contract for my current job and all my jobs have been on fixed term (temp contracts) because i have moved around schools for experience! Does this look bad? and does it matter? have references and letters but not contracts for all of them!

and does everything you are sending need to be certified?
or just [LIST][*]passport copy[*]degree[*]qts letter[*]GTC card[*]birth cert
or contracts etc too?
oh and as they ask for a level details and degree details, do they need certified copies of these too?
or just teaching experience and degree, and transcripts etc? not sure if i can even find my A level certs now!!!

ok im done i think, nearly ready to send this off!
do i just go to post office, bung it all in large envelope, pay postage and send?

so many questions!
if anyone answers thi si'll be amazed cos think i might be taking pi**!!
thanks, sorry evrything.
if not phone call when my parents have gone home!! if im lucky!!
cheers
Laura xxxxx

p.s. please reply!!!!
Get anything and everything that proves you Teach and have taught
Get everything certified, as said go to local magistrates court they'll do it possibly for free if you find someone you can flutter your eyelashes at (is free at my local one anyway, other can charge nominal fee)

A level certs not needed as you have a degree

Make sure you get signed for mailing so you can trace documents.

Good luck and chill out a bit
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:55 pm
missapps

THANK YOU!!!

Australia bound- thanks again, i am a stresser and worrier by heart cant help it! wnat to be there by jan 08 so need to send it off asap, and been told by australian aunty that both the visa and skills assessment requirements change in march thsi year so a little panicky as it is already costing a fortune!!!

thank you though, im a simpleton sometimes, need things very plainly put which is why im struggling with all the requirements cos its very confusing language on documenst etc!!

ok have number for local magistrates court to ring tom. fluttering eyelashes is very good idea! but been warned that this will also cost fortune!! guess dreams are never easy!!?

anyway thanksd again and really appreciate it.
will keep you updated even if you are bored by now!!!
CHEERS
laura
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

THANK YOU!!!

Australia bound- thanks again, i am a stresser and worrier by heart cant help it! wnat to be there by jan 08 so need to send it off asap, and been told by australian aunty that both the visa and skills assessment requirements change in march thsi year so a little panicky as it is already costing a fortune!!!

thank you though, im a simpleton sometimes, need things very plainly put which is why im struggling with all the requirements cos its very confusing language on documenst etc!!

ok have number for local magistrates court to ring tom. fluttering eyelashes is very good idea! but been warned that this will also cost fortune!! guess dreams are never easy!!?

anyway thanksd again and really appreciate it.
will keep you updated even if you are bored by now!!!
CHEERS
laura
Laura you're far from boring and you're getting there in respect to the application process. Glad I don't stress out about much lol, would be a wreck if I did! I want to get to Aus this year but just isn't going to happen so next year or year after, as long as it's before I'm 40 I don't mind Australia isn't going anywhere and won't fill up with people in my lifetime
Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:57 pm
missapps

Hey Australia-bound!
Are you taking family with you? you'll get there as long as its in your heart, thats the only thing that keeps me going i think- the dream!!

tried the court today, they are only open 9-9.30am in morning! asked if it could be ANY other time, but no apparently cos the magistrate is in court! Only wanted £8 though so bonus! Will have to go during half term, or see if any local solicitors will do it now!!

thats my next job!

Anyway thanks again, and glad im not boring!! Keep me updated with your situation too!
Laura x
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey Australia-bound!
Are you taking family with you? you'll get there as long as its in your heart, thats the only thing that keeps me going i think- the dream!!

tried the court today, they are only open 9-9.30am in morning! asked if it could be ANY other time, but no apparently cos the magistrate is in court! Only wanted £8 though so bonus! Will have to go during half term, or see if any local solicitors will do it now!!

thats my next job!

Anyway thanks again, and glad im not boring!! Keep me updated with your situation too!
Laura x
I'd say all my family will end in Aus, got loads of relatives in Melbourne, my Sister is in process of applying and other sister will follow once we all go, Mum & Dad going to retire to Aus in 5 years or so. Will have very few of us left here! Will take time and lots of oobstaclesto overcome, but will get there in the end. Don't like doing things the easy way anyway I hope to be on the way in two years have to get everything in place first and need some cash in the bank to see us over first 6 months!

Prepare yourself for a shock if you ask a solicitor, make sure you hhavesomething to hold onto (personally would wait for holidays or book a sickie )

Will keep an eye out for you and try to help where possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.