Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

assessement criteria for secondary science teacher

assessement criteria for secondary science teacher

Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

ordinaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default assessement criteria for secondary science teacher

Which is the body that assesses the eligibility of an applicant to teach certain areas of science at secondary level? Is there some kind of test you have to take in order to be considered capable of teaching? Or do they care about the GPA from university?
I am currently completing my Biology degree, and I would like to know what options would I have, respectively if I could also teach Chemistry as well besides Biology (I have studied only 2 term courses related to Chemistry, in the first year) at secondary level.
Also, from your personal experience, what is the job market for Science (Biology) secondary teachers in Queensland especially, but also other parts of Australia (maybe Victoria)? From what I have read so far, the Maths teachers are in demand, but what about the Biology teachers?
P.S. I also have an Economics degree, would that be of any help to teach Business at secondary level (and is it in demand this specialization area)?

Last edited by ordinaru; Jun 1st 2011 at 1:12 pm.