Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Applying for 176 visa whilst in OZ and then a bridging visa?

Applying for 176 visa whilst in OZ and then a bridging visa?

Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:31 pm
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Default Applying for 176 visa whilst in OZ and then a bridging visa?

Hi again, 2 questions, partly cos i'm still waiting to hear back from a migration agent!!!
1) is it possible to apply for 176 visa whilst in oz on WHV? Assuming i have nearly all the docs with me except medicals and police checks??- but i have a march 2009 CRB check- dont think this counts??

2) If i'm successful according to a migration agent, and going through my visa application whilst still here in oz working on WHV, can i apply for a bridging visa b- I presume?? Ive searched this forum over for bridging visas to no avail and th immi ite cant help me- or im having another blonde moment as usual!!!
Help appreciated as always....

Laura
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:43 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for 176 visa whilst in OZ and then a bridging visa?

Yes, you can apply for a 176 whilst you are in Australia on a WHV. They will then issue a pre-grant, and you will normally have to leave Australia for your visa to be granted (usually just a weeks trip to Singapore or NZ).

I believe you can apply for a bridging visa at the end of your WHV whilst you wait for the 176. For information on which bridging visa and how you get it, do a search in the immigration forum.