Anyone managed 457 to pr?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone managed 457 to pr?

Hello,
after reading several posts regarding the 457 route, I have become concerned that there may be problems in gaining pr after the two years on a 457 with WA.
I think I am right in the idea that the WA det will help with an 856 visa after the two years of rural teaching but am interested to hear if anyone has managed this route to pr.
Is it a costly affair to gain pr after the 457?
Any help or experiences will help.

Thanks,
Lee
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone managed 457 to pr?

Hello,
the scheme is fairly new so I dont know anyone who has been here 2yrs yet. The first group on the scheme only came out about December 2006. So just had their first year.

Education department say they will do the PR, and it should be just a formality.

*However if you have enough points for a normal PR visa (non sponsored)
e.g. you can get extra 10 points for 12month work experience in OZ. There is nothing stopping you applying for your own PR visa once here.
The education department will let you apply for your own PR visa at any time. Or you can wait out the two years for them to do sponsored PR visa.

They will not budge on the 2year wait for them to do your PR visa. I have asked and they wont budge.

*856 sponsorship is very popular, and lots of nurses and other careers go this route. So it should work in theory.

Gems

Last edited by Gems; Mar 23rd 2008 at 1:46 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

ps, if you do your own PR visa (non sponsored). You will have to go on holiday out of Australia to validate it. This will up your costs on top of the visa (all the family will have to go out of the country eg New Zealand, Singapore etc).

However the PR visa the education department do can be done onshore. So you dont have to leave the country. Cost this way will be less. Think visa is about $2000.

Gems
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Gems.
When you say that they will do the PR, do you mean that they will help with the application regarding paperwork or costs?

Lee
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leeh36
Thanks for the info Gems.
When you say that they will do the PR, do you mean that they will help with the application regarding paperwork or costs?

Lee
I think it just means they will sponser you- help in that way.

If you email them directly they should be able to answer that question though.