Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Old Jun 6th 2019, 12:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
FIrstly, he didn't know what gun was being used.

Secondly the other option is to continue letting someone execute children. Even if you're just a distraction for 30 seconds that's better than more dead kids, and their training acknowledges that.
I have issues with people who haven't walked in someone's shoes, calling them cowards. As I said, personal opinion only.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised to see so many encouraging gun use.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
FIrstly, he didn't know what gun was being used.
Rate of fire and volume of fire would signal a semi-auto with a large ammunition capacity. If they couldn't hear the shooting from outside, then he wouldn't know. Since this sort of weapon is so common in the US the solution might be to station a squad of heavily armed combat soldiers with shields and body armour at each school. That would change the odds a bit. When you read of a gunman being taken out after an extensive firefight with multiple police officers it makes sense not to send in one man armed with a pistol, like the sky marshal on a plane or the security guard keeping drunks out of the bus depot. Installing monitored security doors like they have in prisons might also help keep shooters out of the main areas. It would cost a bit, obviously.
https://www.unionjournalism.com/2019...ity-magazines/
Old Jun 6th 2019, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I have issues with people who haven't walked in someone's shoes, calling them cowards. As I said, personal opinion only.
The majority of his peers would not agree with you.

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Rate of fire and volume of fire would signal a semi-auto with a large ammunition capacity. If they couldn't hear the shooting from outside, then he wouldn't know. Since this sort of weapon is so common in the US the solution might be to station a squad of heavily armed combat soldiers with shields and body armour at each school. That would change the odds a bit. When you read of a gunman being taken out after an extensive firefight with multiple police officers it makes sense not to send in one man armed with a pistol, like the sky marshal on a plane or the security guard keeping drunks out of the bus depot. Installing monitored security doors like they have in prisons might also help keep shooters out of the main areas. It would cost a bit, obviously.
https://www.unionjournalism.com/2019/03/30/federal-judge-removes-californias-ban-on-high-capacity-magazines/
See FBI recommendations for active shooters.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

... or the US could just try banning possession of any firearms by civilians, unless the Police specifically vet and clear them.... Business opportunity here. The WOTUSA beckons.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... or the US could just try banning possession of any firearms by civilians, unless the Police specifically vet and clear them.... Business opportunity here. The WOTUSA beckons.
Sounds like a wonderful idea for a nation that thinks exactly like British people do.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
We can argue back and forth where the most murders occur, how and why they happen what weapons are used, yep we can discuss, argue and fight over it .

It seems like violent crime is normal. Like it is expected to happen now. We shouldn't have to be having this discussion. It shouldn't be happening day in and day out.

This is wrong. So very wrong and it hurts to hear it.
You sound remarkably Like Elizabeth Warren
Old Jun 6th 2019, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Personal opinion only but better a living 'coward' (disagree with that label entirely) than a dead 'hero' (not a fan of that one either). Wasn't there but if someone with a gun determines that psycho with much bigger gun/s is shooting the **** out of people and works out (from on the ground knowledge) that his chances of taking out said psycho whilst not taking out more kids is very very small, I'd go with being a 'coward' as well. But what do I know.
Know that you are not law enforcement material. Making the attempt to stop further killings comes first no matter the odds.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I am conflicted, I can see it both ways, here he is basically a glorified guard given a gun.

Also begs the question if this is a legal obligation where do you draw the line, for example a fire fighter who refuses to go into a building because it is too dangerous to do so.

A lifeguard who will not go into shark infested water.

Tricky one.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 12:28 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
You sound remarkably Like Elizabeth Warren
No I sound like me, a person who values life and who abhors violence.
I sound like me, and the other many million "me's" out there that want the senseless murders and violence to stop.

I don't need to be a politician, an activist, a Hollywood superstar. I'm just stating what any normal feeling human being would say. The gun control is out of control and the loss of human life must end.

Old Jun 7th 2019, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Those guys on the Higgins boats who were heading for the Normandy Beaches knew what was waiting for them when the ramps came down but they waded to the beaches anyway. That says it all as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by dc koop; Jun 7th 2019 at 4:10 am.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 7:38 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
So far I personally know:
One youth who was murdered by gun shot by her boyfriend
One youth who accidentally shot his cousin dead with an illegal gun he was just playing around with'
A man who was shot at work, non fatal, a love triangle incident.
There are other people I have met them, but not really to say hello to later:
A youth arrested for armed robbery
A man who accidentally shot his dad dead hunting.
Other residents in the USA on BE, have similar experiences and more, yet many will still say its a rarity, well I suppose it depends on how you define rarity,
That's mental. I knew of a lady murdered in the UK - she was a friend of a friend and was killed by her jealous boyfriend. It was quite shocking and to see what the group of friends went through was horrid.

Here is a list of cities who currently have Democrat Mayors. I live far enough away from L.A to not be able to smell it. Thank God None of the other cities I'd feel very comfortable with after dark nor would I even want to live there with the exception of New York perhaps.

Atlanta, Oakland , Ca, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington DC, Detroit, Baltimore, Kansas City, New Orleans. All with varying degrees of violent crime and inner city poverty. Of the ten worst cities to live in the USA three are in California. San Bernardino, Stockton and Oakland..... all with Democrat Mayors
So you got all butthurt and uppity when I questioned safety in America yet you wouldn't live in any cities because you'd be uncomfortable after dark?

A safe place for the "terrified" to settle would be in North Dakota if they don't mind a bit of rough weather occasionally. The crime rate is extremely low and gun owners have the right to carry. Cant think why one should be connected to the other
...And then you suggest somewhere for the terrified to go?

The confusion is palpable.

95 percent if not all in the black neighbourhoods for sure. But you cant go there harassing the gangbangers because that's racial prejudice and the next thing you know there'll be protests and even riots (always a good excuse to do a little looting while it lasts) and soon after some self serving, opportunistic twat politician will be on the media spouting off about police brutality and why is this all directed at the African American community (Well duh maybe because all the white Anglo gangs are gone from Chicago). I could imagine Liz Warren making her voice heard. .Waving her arms around "This has got to stop" So the Mayor chickens out, the cops all leave and next weekend 50 more dead because Leroy and Company find it easier to deal drugs and pimp young girls and fight over turf than try to earn a living otherwise.. This country is so up it's own ass it's beyond belief.
Holy. ****ing. Cow.

Do you read any of this out loud? Have you ever said anything like this to anyone in person? Do they just stare, mouth wide open at what a total *********** racist you are?
Old Jun 9th 2019, 10:51 am
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Those guys on the Higgins boats who were heading for the Normandy Beaches knew what was waiting for them when the ramps came down but they waded to the beaches anyway. That says it all as far as I'm concerned.
​​​​​How is it that the Normandy landings have anything at all in common with a school shooting?

​​​​​​
Old Jun 9th 2019, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
​​​​​How is it that the Normandy landings have anything at all in common with a school shooting?

​​​​​​
Showing how in the old days men were men and went gung ho into known danger and now they are cowards???????
Old Jun 9th 2019, 12:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
That's mental. I knew of a lady murdered in the UK - she was a friend of a friend and was killed by her jealous boyfriend. It was quite shocking and to see what the group of friends went through was horrid.

So you got all butthurt and uppity when I questioned safety in America yet you wouldn't live in any cities because you'd be uncomfortable after dark?

...And then you suggest somewhere for the terrified to go?

The confusion is palpable.

Holy. ****ing. Cow.

Do you read any of this out loud? Have you ever said anything like this to anyone in person? Do they just stare, mouth wide open at what a total *********** racist you are?
Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post

​​​​​​
Showing how in the old days men were men and went gung ho into known danger and now they are cowards???????

Koop appears to be a soldier wannabe who feels the best way to reduce the violence in this country is for him to have a lot of guns and for black people in cities to be put under martial law. In so far as I can extract any coherence at all. It may also involve not having anyone who votes for the Democratic party.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.