Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF Murders/Killings in the US

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
**** me. You're a nasty little person aren't you?

Take the guns away and even the sanest of sane can't be armed. They can be forced to keep a child they were raped to conceive but at least they'll get lots of maternity cover when it's born, right?
This place (and the region as a whole) is a country mile from perfect, but yeah, the mrs took the car for a service this morning, not sure what she was wearing but as it's Ramadan we show a little more respect than normal, so it was probably a t-shirt and jeans.

I hope you make it back to Yemen soon, there's a huge war and you'd probably enjoy seeing that, all those dead kids. Yay!
It was just my reaction to your hysterical outburst of your first post. "Terrified to live in America" hah ha ha one for the books. So far only two States have declared abortions illegal. Get a grip ! And that could be overturned if not soon at least at sometime in the future. It wont be here to stay and that's a fact.

I have the freedom here not to bother too much about religion. It don't count for me as it's all bollacks.

"Enjoy seeing all those dead kids" **** me ! You're a piece of work alright, Better adopt the native headdress when out in the sun. You've had too much of it I see.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 8:49 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
It was just my reaction to your hysterical outburst of your first post. "Terrified to live in America" hah ha ha one for the books. So far only two States have declared abortions illegal. Get a grip ! And that could be overturned if not soon at least at sometime in the future. It wont be here to stay and that's a fact.

I have the freedom here not to bother too much about religion. It don't count for me as it's all bollacks.

"Enjoy seeing all those dead kids" **** me ! You're a piece of work alright, Better adopt the native headdress when out in the sun. You've had too much of it I see.
Please stay in America.

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 2:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Strange as to how all the most dangerous cities in this country have Democrat Mayors. Mayor Garcetti of Los Angeles also a Democrat presides over a city that has gun crime (if not comparable to Chicago at least) is nevertheless serious enough in it's own right plus the largest homeless population on the west coast. San Francisco has one multi-million or billionaire for every eleven thousand residents, very much liberal for the most part yet you cant even walk along Market Street without stepping on someone's feces and crime in the Tenderloin district is as bad as anywhere.

Maybe these cities need the "Trumpian touch" Declared war zones, curfews imposed, widespread raids across the crime infested neighbourhoods, confiscation of all firearms as we know that 99 percent of them in these areas are illegal anyway and a roundup of all gang bangers with outstanding warrants against them and there must be literally hundreds. Couldn't happen of course. The gutless city leaders are too scared of being accused to being compared to the Gestapo by the likes of Al Sharpton and the ACLU plus CNN and MSNBC throwing their two pennys worth in so the killings will go on and the civic leaders tut tutting at their city council meetings. Same could be said for the homeless problem. , Camps built to house them, food, clothing and medical care given and detoxification enforced if needed but that wont happen either. In our society it is more democratic to live and die on the streets than be forcibly removed to such awful places as camps.
You've tried this line before. It's as absurd now as it was the last time you trotted it out, in it's entirety.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Please stay in America.
Silly little man. Thanks for the laughs though
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You've tried this line before. It's as absurd now as it was the last time you trotted it out, in it's entirety.
I can see you are in lock step with the civic leaders of your city. Let the killings go on and let the wailings and the hand wringing continue. Thoughts and prayers to all the future gun fodder

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 8:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
i just checked back. 152.
153 It's National Gun Violence Awareness Day (and a bunch of other special days).
http://www.holidays-and-observances.com/june-2.html

Last edited by caretaker; Jun 2nd 2019 at 9:06 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gun Violence Awareness Day, Completely pointless and useless. Might be worth attending if the they're giving away free hot dogs and ice cream sundaes
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:59 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Raping women and forcing them to keep the kids is OK because it's pro-life.

Allowing people to arm themselves, including mental cases is OK because it's pro-life no, wait....it's....****ing lunacy.

America is totally beyond me at the present, I'd be terrified to live there.
So far I personally know:
One youth who was murdered by gun shot by her boyfriend
One youth who accidentally shot his cousin dead with an illegal gun he was just playing around with'
A man who was shot at work, non fatal, a love triangle incident.
There are other people I have met them, but not really to say hello to later:
A youth arrested for armed robbery
A man who accidentally shot his dad dead hunting.
Other residents in the USA on BE, have similar experiences and more, yet many will still say its a rarity, well I suppose it depends on how you define rarity,
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:05 am
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Strange as to how all the most dangerous cities in this country have Democrat Mayors. Mayor Garcetti of Los Angeles also a Democrat presides over a city that has gun crime (if not comparable to Chicago at least) is nevertheless serious enough in it's own right plus the largest homeless population on the west coast. San Francisco has one multi-million or billionaire for every eleven thousand residents, very much liberal for the most part yet you cant even walk along Market Street without stepping on someone's feces and crime in the Tenderloin district is as bad as anywhere.

Maybe these cities need the "Trumpian touch" Declared war zones, curfews imposed, widespread raids across the crime infested neighbourhoods, confiscation of all firearms as we know that 99 percent of them in these areas are illegal anyway and a roundup of all gang bangers with outstanding warrants against them and there must be literally hundreds. Couldn't happen of course. The gutless city leaders are too scared of being accused to being compared to the Gestapo by the likes of Al Sharpton and the ACLU plus CNN and MSNBC throwing their two pennys worth in so the killings will go on and the civic leaders tut tutting at their city council meetings. Same could be said for the homeless problem. , Camps built to house them, food, clothing and medical care given and detoxification enforced if needed but that wont happen either. In our society it is more democratic to live and die on the streets than be forcibly removed to such awful places as camps.
Have you a source for your claims?
The stats for America’s cities with highest crime rates (measured as crimes committed per 100,000 population) return one Democratic mayor in the top ten (Phoenix, not near the top), one Independent which, as you have possibly figured out, leaves eight Republicans. I was going to check the top twenty but thought you might like to do that for yourself.
All those wishy-washy Arizonan types need to attend the Trump University of management?....
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post

Have you a source for your claims?
The stats for America’s cities with highest crime rates (measured as crimes committed per 100,000 population) return one Democratic mayor in the top ten (Phoenix, not near the top), one Independent which, as you have possibly figured out, leaves eight Republicans. I was going to check the top twenty but thought you might like to do that for yourself.
All those wishy-washy Arizonan types need to attend the Trump University of management?....
Here is a list of cities who currently have Democrat Mayors. I live far enough away from L.A to not be able to smell it. Thank God None of the other cities I'd feel very comfortable with after dark nor would I even want to live there with the exception of New York perhaps.

Atlanta, Oakland , Ca, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington DC, Detroit, Baltimore, Kansas City, New Orleans. All with varying degrees of violent crime and inner city poverty. Of the ten worst cities to live in the USA three are in California. San Bernardino, Stockton and Oakland..... all with Democrat Mayors

Last edited by dc koop; Jun 3rd 2019 at 6:41 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Is anybody here familiar with the logical concept that correlation ≠ causation?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
So far I personally know:
One youth who was murdered by gun shot by her boyfriend
One youth who accidentally shot his cousin dead with an illegal gun he was just playing around with'
A man who was shot at work, non fatal, a love triangle incident.
There are other people I have met them, but not really to say hello to later:
A youth arrested for armed robbery
A man who accidentally shot his dad dead hunting.
Other residents in the USA on BE, have similar experiences and more, yet many will still say its a rarity, well I suppose it depends on how you define rarity,
I lived 12 years in Alabama and the last 4 years in Florida. I don't personally know anyone who has been a victim of gun violence.

I've never been a fan of big cities so have always lived away from the places where gun crime (and crime in general) is prevalent. I lived my first 30 years in Birmingham (England) and was never a victim of violent crime there either (although I was burgled a couple of times). Burglary is MUCH less prevalent in the US than the UK. I wonder why.

So, from our 2 posts, we can extrapolate that 50% of US residents have been know someone who has been a victim of gun violence.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
I lived 12 years in Alabama and the last 4 years in Florida. I don't personally know anyone who has been a victim of gun violence.

I've never been a fan of big cities so have always lived away from the places where gun crime (and crime in general) is prevalent. I lived my first 30 years in Birmingham (England) and was never a victim of violent crime there either (although I was burgled a couple of times). Burglary is MUCH less prevalent in the US than the UK. I wonder why.

So, from our 2 posts, we can extrapolate that 50% of US residents have been know someone who has been a victim of gun violence.
A friend of my son's was shot and killed a couple of weeks after their high school graduation. Three other people he knew from school were shot and killed over a five-year period. Just saying. It's real. Arguments that pit one type of crime in one country against another type in another country cloud the issue - there is a very concrete and real and absolute large number of fatal shootings in this country. This needs fixing in its own right, and even if your rather dodgy assumption of causation regarding burglary rates were true, it most certainly does not justify not tackling the thousands of deaths, 40,000 or so per year - including suicides which tend to be very effective when committed by gun. What possible excuse is there for not attacking this problem?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 2:24 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post

The data on gun deaths is known to you and I, I acknowledge your acceptance off it, as payment to stop you being burgled, despite your claim that you live in a low crime area anyway, with low gun activity too.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
A friend of my son's was shot and killed a couple of weeks after their high school graduation. Three other people he knew from school were shot and killed over a five-year period. Just saying. It's real. Arguments that pit one type of crime in one country against another type in another country cloud the issue - there is a very concrete and real and absolute large number of fatal shootings in this country. This needs fixing in its own right, and even if your rather dodgy assumption of causation regarding burglary rates were true, it most certainly does not justify not tackling the thousands of deaths, 40,000 or so per year - including suicides which tend to be very effective when committed by gun. What possible excuse is there for not attacking this problem?
Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
The data on gun deaths is known to you and I, I acknowledge your acceptance off it, as payment to stop you being burgled, despite your claim that you live in a low crime area anyway, with low gun activity too.
I don't deny there is a problem but it is not as bad as many would have us believe. Sure, 40,000 is a big number but when taken in context, is still only a 1:10,000 chance. Now, stand on a street corner in Harlem with a sign saying "I hate n******s" will vastly increase your chance of meeting an untimely end. I try not to do that and stay out of high crime areas.

I don't know the solution but banning guns is not it. There are still guns in the UK (and Australia) but they are mostly in the hands of criminals who will always get them if they want them. Banning guns in the US is untenable due to the ingrained psyche of the people, not to mention the Constitution.

I have seen posts of people "terrified" to come to the US because of the fear of guns. That is no more logical than a fear of flying.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.