Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has pissed you off today

What has pissed you off today

Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Yours

Angry of Connecticut.
Disgusted of Perth always goes down well
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
He will just have to look at his easter eggs without eating them. Poor guy.

He's hanging in there, thanks. He's a very good-tempered young man.
He obviously comes from good stock (people stock, not moo-cow stock!)
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:16 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Cake is conveniently liquid until people spoil it with all that baking nonsense.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Sorry to hear that, it's a horrible position to be in especially if you aren't living close by.
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
I'm sorry to hear that Daisy.
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Bastard of a thing, cancer Try to stay positive about your cousin, Daisy. As you know, my sister has the same diagnosis - she's had her surgery, has finished chemo and is halfway through radio. She's doing great!

Another parallel, my step-Dad has end stage lung cancer. We call him Teflon Man because despite being diagnosed over two years ago, with a whopping great tumour that renders his left lung useless, he's still going! Must say though, he's not looking the best these last few weeks and his breathing is very labored.

Best of luck to your cousin and uncle and while it's very understandable to be sad, keep finding joy in the simple, everyday things. It helps, I promise! xx
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
That's shit, sorry to hear that.
Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
That sucks, do you know what's prompted that decision? Hope you can work something out, I'd be screwed if my employer said that to me and I've only got 1 kid.

That also sucks. Fingers crossed for your cousin, hopefully her treatment will be a success. That's terrible about your uncle, we received the same news about my Mum a few years ago, it was a very sad and painful time for us all. Everyone is different though, and although my Mum only lived 4 months following her diagnosis, I know other people who have lived for a couple of years.
Originally Posted by irishbloo View Post
Sorry to hear about your cousin.It is horrible.Got the tshirt.Cant wait to hand it back.Hope her surgery goes well.x
Originally Posted by carolinephillips View Post
Sending (gentle) hugs for your cousin and good wishes, and hope that your uncle can pass peacefully and surrounded by love.
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, my cousin is recovering well from her surgery, just awaiting results but things are looking positive.
My poor uncle passed away on 22nd March less than two weeks after being diagnosed. He would tell you himself that he had a good innings, he would have been Eighty in June, but that is no consolation for my lovely Aunt and my cousins. RIP uncle Johnny, I shall miss your stories and the old Navy songs you used to sing xxxx
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight View Post
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, my cousin is recovering well from her surgery, just awaiting results but things are looking positive.
My poor uncle passed away on 22nd March less than two weeks after being diagnosed. He would tell you himself that he had a good innings, he would have been Eighty in June, but that is no consolation for my lovely Aunt and my cousins. RIP uncle Johnny, I shall miss your stories and the old Navy songs you used to sing xxxx
Sorry to hear about your Uncle Johnny, Daisy. It doesn't matter how old people are when they pass away, those who love them will miss them and grieve. I hope your Aunt copes ok xx

Great news that your cousin recovering well and the signs look good! Di's finished her radiotherapy now, and is off to Crete in a couple of weeks. It's her second home, she loves it there and has made such good friends. She's even learnt to speak Greek! (it's all Greek to me). Take care and keep your chin up
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Cake is conveniently liquid until people spoil it with all that baking nonsense.
I stopped baking years ago because I always doubled up on the ingredients...only about a quarter of the cake mixture reached the oven.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:21 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Do people even write letters anymore?
Apparently solicitors do. I am trying to sell some property from my mams estate and seem to have got absolutely nowhere in the last 5 weeks because the f&*(ing solicitors can't communicate. In the age of phone and email, they insist on writing snailmail to each other - it appears it takes their office systems about 2 weeks to process and reply to letters, by which time the next letters are crossing in the post. I have this image of them sitting in offices like Capt Mainwarings and dictating their replies to secretaries who take them down in shorthand then use typewriters to type them up. All I can say is that its a good job I'm 5000 miles away cos otherwise I'd probably be the subject of the lead story on the 6 o'clock news......
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:23 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight View Post
That's a bummer - sorry to hear that. At least he didn't suffer for long. It's funny how Navy guys always seem to have the best stories, isn't it?
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 9:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I stopped baking years ago because I always doubled up on the ingredients...only about a quarter of the cake mixture reached the oven.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Do people even write letters anymore?
It is the only way that I can communicate with my mother as she refuses to use a telephone and doesn't even know that computers are available for personal use these days. (I know I'm a luddite, but mother is far worse!) We also get a lot of letters for our SMSF and bank things, which often need prompt replies with signatures on them. It helps if the letters are delivered before the cut off date for their return.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

He's hanging in there, thanks. He's a very good-tempered young man.
Melt the chocolate- yummy!
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 7:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad View Post
Apparently solicitors do. I am trying to sell some property from my mams estate and seem to have got absolutely nowhere in the last 5 weeks because the f&*(ing solicitors can't communicate. In the age of phone and email, they insist on writing snailmail to each other - it appears it takes their office systems about 2 weeks to process and reply to letters, by which time the next letters are crossing in the post. I have this image of them sitting in offices like Capt Mainwarings and dictating their replies to secretaries who take them down in shorthand then use typewriters to type them up. All I can say is that its a good job I'm 5000 miles away cos otherwise I'd probably be the subject of the lead story on the 6 o'clock news......
e mails are not considered legal documents, so everything has to be either a written letter, of a faxed letter or form. They do have to cover themselves against legal problems further down the line if anyone should question part of the transaction.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 10:48 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips View Post
Melt the chocolate- yummy!
Maybe - feed it to him through a turkey baster. Or he could just let tiny pieces melt in his mouth.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 1:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe - feed it to him through a turkey baster. Or he could just let tiny pieces melt in his mouth.
Takes me back 3 years when my youngest was still in hospital after her surgery. All the women in the ward were handing out chocolate and her jaws were wired shut so they just piled them on her bed and told her to pig out when she could.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
e mails are not considered legal documents, so everything has to be either a written letter, of a faxed letter or form. They do have to cover themselves against legal problems further down the line if anyone should question part of the transaction.
The content of the letter was

"I have been trying to contact you ref XYZ. Please call me at your earliest convenience on 1234567"

If that needs to be legally supportable then we may as well all go and live in a cave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.