Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has pissed you off today

What has pissed you off today

Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/16...que-for-event/

Seems the PC brigade are gaining a foothold in the States
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/16...que-for-event/

Seems the PC brigade are gaining a foothold in the States
Heaven forbid that the police should have to engage in some cultural awareness.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Heaven forbid that the police should have to engage in some cultural awareness.
Complete bullshit. What happened to doing as you would be done by, accepting all others, kindness and understanding, loving your fellow man blah blah blah. No one was asking him to change to Islam, just have a meeting in a building used to worship a god other than his. Narrow minded moron.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:59 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Complete bullshit. What happened to doing as you would be done by, accepting all others, kindness and understanding, loving your fellow man blah blah blah. No one was asking him to change to Islam, just have a meeting in a building used to worship a god other than his. Narrow minded moron.
Here here!

Well said that woman
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
He is indeed. But it is the same God, the God of Abraham, just a different form of worship, absent Christ being the son of God instead of just a prophet. That makes it all the more bigoted. It's just another example of intolerance by the redneck. .

Last edited by dakota44; Aug 20th 2012 at 4:39 am.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:26 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

"Fields' attorney, Robert Muise of The American Freedom Law Center, elaborated, "He was going to be in a place where people were going to refer to Jesus Christ as merely a prophet and not his Lord and Savior.

"And he wouldn't be able to respond to them in any way," Muise added. "That was very troubling to him.""

The good news is, the police dept. punished him for it.

He sounds a bit stupid to me.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:51 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
He sounds a bit stupid to me.
+1

So if he went to the UK for a visit, where a large percentage of people refer to Jesus as just a bloke (if even that) what would he do ... ?

This whole religious indignation crap in the US has gone way too far these days, IMO. Religion should be private and personal, not made into a public issue.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:54 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
+1

So if he went to the UK for a visit, where a large percentage of people refer to Jesus as just a bloke (if even that) what would he do ... ?

This whole religious indignation crap in the US has gone way too far these days, IMO. Religion should be private and personal, not made into a public issue.
I agree with your main point, however, I do feel that the refusal of a police officer to refuse to meet with members of their community on religious grounds should be national news, and I do feel that the punishment he got was fair.

(and while we're on this subject...........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust

In God we trust didn't appear on notes until the late 1950's, and the phrase, "one nation, under god" the same......

It seems to me that American's would LOVE for the church and state to be interwined and are doing it by stealth (or not) anyway)
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:14 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b View Post
I agree with your main point, however, I do feel that the refusal of a police officer to refuse to meet with members of their community on religious grounds should be national news, and I do feel that the punishment he got was fair.

(and while we're on this subject...........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust

In God we trust didn't appear on notes until the late 1950's, and the phrase, "one nation, under god" the same......

It seems to me that American's would LOVE for the church and state to be interwined and are doing it by stealth (or not) anyway)
OK, on that point you're right, yeah things like that probably should.

It was the merging of church and state stuff I was referring to and all this 'religious freedom' bumper sticker stuff I've been seeing. As far as I'm aware, churches are still open, so religious freedom is alive and well, right?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:44 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

OK, on that point you're right, yeah things like that probably should.

It was the merging of church and state stuff I was referring to and all this 'religious freedom' bumper sticker stuff I've been seeing. As far as I'm aware, churches are still open, so religious freedom is alive and well, right?
We're in the same mind set.

I'm all for people following whatever religious path they want.

When it comes to the police force, or service or whatever, when you take a job to serve the community, you have to serve the WHOLE community. You don't have to be like them (ie, the same religion, or look the same or vote the same etc) but you have to understand the fundamentals of their belief systems.

As a public servant, you have an obligation to talk and visit and learn about your community in all it's forms. If you refuse, you are not servicing the whole community, and therefore are neglecting your duties.

Personally, I don't believe in god. I will go to funeral or wedding services where prayer happens. I do not participate in the areas I don't believe in.
It's just what you do. I expect police officers to do the same
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:01 pm
Grove 4 Life

Originally Posted by Trixie_b View Post
We're in the same mind set.

I'm all for people following whatever religious path they want.

When it comes to the police force, or service or whatever, when you take a job to serve the community, you have to serve the WHOLE community. You don't have to be like them (ie, the same religion, or look the same or vote the same etc) but you have to understand the fundamentals of their belief systems.

As a public servant, you have an obligation to talk and visit and learn about your community in all it's forms. If you refuse, you are not servicing the whole community, and therefore are neglecting your duties.

Personally, I don't believe in god. I will go to funeral or wedding services where prayer happens. I do not participate in the areas I don't believe in.
It's just what you do. I expect police officers to do the same
Yep - the police are there to uphold the laws of the land and nothing else. If members of the community are obeying those laws, it matters not what 'higher authority' they do or do not answer to. It's irrelevant.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - the police are there to uphold the laws of the land and nothing else. If members of the community are obeying those laws, it matters not what 'higher authority' they do or do not answer to. It's irrelevant.
More than that, I agree with Trixie that a police officer should have some understanding of the community he serves.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:12 pm
Grove 4 Life

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
More than that, I agree with Trixie that a police officer should have some understanding of the community he serves.
Well, yes - he should realise that all people, regardless or race, colour or creed, are ******s ...
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yes - he should realise that all people, regardless or race, colour or creed, are ******s ...
I take it that you are having an absolutely uplifting day, free of any kinds of stress?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:29 pm
Grove 4 Life

Originally Posted by OleJanx View Post
I take it that you are having an absolutely uplifting day, free of any kinds of stress?
That opinion doesn't change no matter the mood of the day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.