Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Oct 26th 2020, 3:32 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I have just found out that Merriam Webster has made 'irregardless' a word.
Clearly that entire organization needs to be razed and the ground it stood on to be vigorously salted.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 3:33 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
What about Unirregardless or Disirregardless?

Ok. Let's just stop now.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 5:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Ok. Let's just stop now.
Irregardlessness
Old Oct 26th 2020, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Irregardlessness

Old Oct 26th 2020, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
When I want to access my bank accout they now send to my mobile a 6 digit number that I must use within 5 minutes to see what is in MY account.
it’s a nuisance, but less of a nuisance than someone else accessing your bank account and helping themselves to the contents.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
When I want to access my bank accout they now send to my mobile a 6 digit number that I must use within 5 minutes to see what is in MY account.
I so hate the text verification. Most of the time I don't have a cell phone on me, my wife has it, so I have to remember ot always do banking when she is home.

Then with US based companies many wont text a Canadian phone number, making it difficult for those of us who need to access US based accounts/websites, but live elsewhere. Even the IRS wont let me sign up for online access because I don't have a US based credit account and I do not have a US based phone number, but they sure expect me to file my tax return every year....Idiots.

I wonder what people without cell phones do these days when some companies only provide a text verification option and no alternative.

Old Oct 26th 2020, 11:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I wonder what people without cell phones do these days when some companies only provide a text verification option and no alternative.
I'll let you know the moment it happens.

For a time, my UK bank made me use a card reader but then it was only needed for new transactions. Last year they told me they would soon be needing a UK number to text to, for new actions. I made a change in the way I transfer money from there to here and that is now registered as an existing action so that's working out okay and that "soon" date has passed.
The next added security may be a problem. Or when I can no longer use the UK address I'm using.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 1:39 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

The new supreme court justice sounds like a real winner.

Undisclosed (by her) affiliations and beliefs:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...box=1603754466

"The advert Barrett signed, which was published by an extreme anti-abortion group called St Joseph County Right to Life, also called for the protection of all life from “fertilisation to natural death”. That statement suggests Barrett is among a relatively narrow subset of anti-choice activists who believe that procedures involved in in vitro fertilisation, which can include the discarding of unused fertilised eggs produced outside the body, are tantamount to having an abortion and ought to be banned. The anti-choice group’s executive director, Jacqueline Appleman, told the Guardian she supported the criminalisation of doctors who perform abortion, but “at this point” not the women who terminate their pregnancies."

Yeah, cos this is perfectly normal...

"she has maintained a close affiliation to a controversial Christian faith group, the People of Praise, since she became an adult. Barrett has never disclosed her membership in the South Bend-based organisation, which calls on adherents to speak in tongues and to engage in prophecy. Former members of the group who were interviewed described a controlling and sometimes cult-like faith group that encourages communal living and calls for women to submit to their husbands, who are designated heads of the household. Public records revealed that Barrett – who was once a “handmaid”, or female leader – lived in the home of the group’s co-founder as a law student at Notre Dame before she moved to Washington, where she also lived with a People of Praise family. "

Old Oct 27th 2020, 2:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The new supreme court justice sounds like a real winner.
No wonder Trump likes her so much.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 2:31 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
No wonder Trump likes her so much.
I think we're headed for the Middle Ages over here.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

One of the Southern California wildfires really close to us, and some of the town under a mandatory evac order and some under a voluntary evac order. Thick smoke and saw a lick of flame on top of a nearby hill. just getting stuff, dog and documents together, just incase we need to go in a hurry. It doesn't help that the winds were really blowing hard yesterday and forecast the same for today. Hope the firefighters start to get it under control. They do work really hard, and am thankful that they do what they do.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 6:33 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto View Post
One of the Southern California wildfires really close to us, and some of the town under a mandatory evac order and some under a voluntary evac order. Thick smoke and saw a lick of flame on top of a nearby hill. just getting stuff, dog and documents together, just incase we need to go in a hurry. It doesn't help that the winds were really blowing hard yesterday and forecast the same for today. Hope the firefighters start to get it under control. They do work really hard, and am thankful that they do what they do.
Oh no! Stay safe. Hopefully the winds will drop and you can stay
Old Oct 27th 2020, 9:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a report on the news last night about this. Hopefully today the winds have dropped, allowing the FF to get on top of it. Stay safe!
Old Oct 28th 2020, 7:40 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I think we're headed for the Middle Ages over here.
At least you live in a part of the world that at least has got out of them to head back.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

My only experience of a forest fire was 3 years ago just up the road a bit an electricity cable fell from a pylon and set fire to the pine trees and vegetation.It was an extremely hot day and a fierce wind 2 neighbours houses were in danger we went to help but the flames were so fierce the smoke and wind very scary.The firemen arrived followed by helicopters and fire plane put the fire out in an hour.If you are told to go,go quick the fire spreads so fast it's easy to get caught.Hope they sort the fire before it gets near to you just stay safe all the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.