Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Apr 27th 2016, 10:19 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Another testament to the cynical, distrusting, self-serving mentality we have adopted as a society. It's not uncommon. Similar events have occurred within my family. I share your disappointment. Keep your chin up. Not everyone is like that (yet).
Old Apr 27th 2016, 10:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
The way my husband has been treated by close members of his family following his Mum dying.

That really.
I am beyond shocked or despair or anything.
People suck hairy ones. Massive sympathy for P. I guess it feels like another death to deal with. xx
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:02 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

The way my husband has been treated by close members of his family following his Mum dying.

That really.

This is the man, my husband, that went home every year to help his Mum and his uncle. This is not cheap from Nz . It is very very expensive. Money was not the issue. Love was. Weeks at a time.

This is the couple that ensured his Mum and Uncle would be able to remain in their own home when the sister wanted them in a one bedroom flat for the very elderly & the dosh in a trust account in her kids name. The uncle was my age at the time.

This is the couple that took his Mum on hols when the sister would not do so.

This is the son and wife that paid for the Mum to upgrade her and her brother's new home after that new home was found by myself and my husband after their own home had to be compulsory purchased and the sister stated they could not have their own home.
That would be his late Mum RIp Jan 2016 and his uncle that he grew up with and whom he shared a bedroom for decades.

That man now says he does not want to hear from my husband again.

People can be pretty vile sometimes.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Christ. The stupidity. Stupid country with its stupid guns.

The poor kids.

US mother accidentally shot dead by two-year-old son - BBC News
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:25 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Christ. The stupidity. Stupid country with its stupid guns.

The poor kids.

US mother accidentally shot dead by two-year-old son - BBC News
The only thing that stops a bad toddler with a gun is a good toddler with a gun.

It's ironic that a country where a large percentage of the population think that Darwin was full of shit prove time and again that he was right.

Last edited by zargof; Apr 27th 2016 at 6:27 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:36 pm
Lt C (Rtd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The irony is that many states have laws about failing to secure guns and allowing them to fall into the hands of children and criminals. Those laws are rarely enforced, usually for the perverse argument that "the family has suffered enough".

Given that there is no prospect of widescale bans on gun ownership, the best hope we have is for better gun safety awareness and practices, but that doesn't appear likely either when the laws that would help aren't being enforced.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 27th 2016 at 6:51 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
The only thing that stops a bad toddler with a gun is a good toddler with a gun.

It's ironic that a country where a large percentage of the population think that Darwin was full of shit prove time and again that he was right.
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
The irony is that many states have laws about failing to secure guns and allowing them to fall into the hands of children and criminals. Those laws are rarely enforced, usually for the perverse argument that "the family has suffered enough".

Given that there is no prospect of widescale bans on gun ownership, the best hope we have is for better gun safety awareness and practices, but that doesn't appear likely either when the laws that would belp aren't being enforced.

I imagine my own son at the age of two and what on earth the rest of his life would have been like and the pain he would have suffered if he had killed his beloved mum.

It doesn't bear thinking about.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 9:40 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

That really.

This is the man, my husband, that went home every year to help his Mum and his uncle. This is not cheap from Nz . It is very very expensive. Money was not the issue. Love was. Weeks at a time.

This is the couple that ensured his Mum and Uncle would be able to remain in their own home when the sister wanted them in a one bedroom flat for the very elderly & the dosh in a trust account in her kids name. The uncle was my age at the time.

This is the couple that took his Mum on hols when the sister would not do so.

This is the son and wife that paid for the Mum to upgrade her and her brother's new home after that new home was found by myself and my husband after their own home had to be compulsory purchased and the sister stated they could not have their own home.
That would be his late Mum RIp Jan 2016 and his uncle that he grew up with and whom he shared a bedroom for decades.

That man now says he does not want to hear from my husband again.

I am so very sorry to hear this. You have done nothing to deserve this, you have both acted in the very best interests of his Mum and Uncle. Sadly nothing surprises me about how appallingly badly people can treat others and hurt them.

Spouse of Scouse has said it better than I can. I'm just saddened for you both.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 3:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not so pissed off as puzzled and a bit disappointed. 6 months after migrating to the UK, I'm back in Australia to visit family. It's lovely to see them, but it's not like I thought it would be.

I'm moving between various sisters' houses and my mum's place. I feel unsettled, a bit teary, and I just want to go home to my husband, my dog and our house that we've worked our arses off on for 6 months to make our home.

We're a very close family and I'm in the place I've lived all of my 57 years (less 6 months), so I'm buggered if I know why I feel like this. And I have 4 weeks to go! Starting to think I'm a bit bonkers
Old Apr 29th 2016, 4:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I'm not so pissed off as puzzled and a bit disappointed. 6 months after migrating to the UK, I'm back in Australia to visit family. It's lovely to see them, but it's not like I thought it would be.

I'm moving between various sisters' houses and my mum's place. I feel unsettled, a bit teary, and I just want to go home to my husband, my dog and our house that we've worked our arses off on for 6 months to make our home.

We're a very close family and I'm in the place I've lived all of my 57 years (less 6 months), so I'm buggered if I know why I feel like this. And I have 4 weeks to go! Starting to think I'm a bit bonkers
Nah that's cool. It means the move you made was the right one. It's like moving out of home but going back for Sunday lunch and feeling a bit like a guest.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 5:16 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We have 2 spare rooms and you are more than welcome to come stay in one if you need a break. We're rarely home so you can have the house to yourself.

Even if you don't stop at ours, I do hope you can find anhour for coffee while you're here.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 10:55 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me like your move was the right thing to do and you miss it.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 11:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what others have said. Perhaps a break for a couple of days here and there would help. Dorothy has very kindly invited you to hers...take her up on it...or perhaps have a weekend away with an old friend.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 11:17 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Nah that's cool. It means the move you made was the right one. It's like moving out of home but going back for Sunday lunch and feeling a bit like a guest.

Tough but on the button.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 11:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Excercised yesterday morning before work (40 mins weights workout). Worked for 10 1/2 hours. Ate carefully. Excercised after work (1 hour rowing). Went to bed before 10, feeling comfortably knackered. Was still awake at 1... beginning to be a pattern.

What works for you to get to sleep?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.