Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 11th 2019, 5:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I can't handle noise well, so I avoid stores most of the time especially Wal-Mart who seems to like to make announcements nearly non-stop for something. So time to go to a store with less noise, I am all for it.

In a way I might still even have my job if I wasn't so sensitive to loud noise, the noise of the horns that day was the trigger that set everything that day in motion.
That's really sad JS, the world's such a noisy place now that it's almost impossible to avoid completely. I'm assuming that if you were able to access the right treatment you'd also see an improvement to your noise sensitivity?
Old Nov 11th 2019, 5:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Me neither. Nor smells.
I am a nightmare for MrBEVS

On that note: The diggers and trucks starting up at 7am this morning and leaving the engines running for 40 minutes to warm the things up.
Just metres really from the bedroom window. Bah!
That must be hard for you BEVS. Is it all smells that you're sensitive to, or just certain ones?

Damn and blast those construction people. Yes, they have a job to do, but you'd think they'd be a bit more courteous about making so much noise early in the morning when they're that close to homes.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 5:53 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
That must be hard for you BEVS. Is it all smells that you're sensitive to, or just certain ones?

Damn and blast those construction people. Yes, they have a job to do, but you'd think they'd be a bit more courteous about making so much noise early in the morning when they're that close to homes.
Not hard. Just is what it is for me now. Yes. It is a whole lot of smells. I am older so if something is not OK I remove me or speak up. I really don't care. I get on with the smell and slight essence of smell thing best I can. It is just a bit restricting . Same the noise thing whether loud or soft. I don't do shopping either really because of light, sound, smell, as J knows. I pick the times. I'm fine with that. I always have been.

It is MrBEVS that puts up with it.

Just do the best you can and understand that it is the world today is all you can do.

Looking back I am like my Dad. There again we were both thought to have a nose , an eye and an ear. So there are positives.

Having said that, the upside is that I am bonkers and happy enough to be so these years
Old Nov 11th 2019, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Treatment would help teach the necessary skills to learn how to function better, BPD treatment is all about learning skills, which is why is winds up being so expensive, takes a long time and requires both group skills groups and individual therapy with a therapist who is well versed in the disorder, its tricky disorder to treat.

That's really sad JS, the world's such a noisy place now that it's almost impossible to avoid completely. I'm assuming that if you were able to access the right treatment you'd also see an improvement to your noise sensitivity?
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Me neither. Nor smells.
I am a nightmare for MrBEVS

On that note: The diggers and trucks starting up at 7am this morning and leaving the engines running for 40 minutes to warm the things up.
Just metres really from the bedroom window. Bah!
When the construction was going on near us, it drove me bonkers even with ear plugs.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the dentist again 10-30 but hay ho i can bite again
Old Nov 11th 2019, 11:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Pat couldn't handle crowds, so shopping could be a nightmare, we used to go to supermarkets soon after they opened, and avoided town centers at busy times, amazingly though she loved markets, and they could get quite crowded, and she would stand at a stall waiting to be served surrounded by people.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 11:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

On a local FB community page someone posted a video of a female staggering and falling over in the road. She then fell over again in a parking space and didn't get up. The car she'd previously got out of, reversed out of their space with the passenger door still up, drove in a semi circle into the space with the female, driving over the top of her in the process. It was horrific and the poster gave no warning. Since then there have been so many people posting horrific stuff and laughing. The women concerned were obviously completely off their heads on ICE or similar. There was absolutely nothing even vaguely amusing about it. Apparently it was funny because 'people like that are bringing down the suburb and probably deserve what they get'. I can't get my head around that.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 11:46 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
On a local FB community page someone posted a video of a female staggering and falling over in the road. She then fell over again in a parking space and didn't get up. The car she'd previously got out of, reversed out of their space with the passenger door still up, drove in a semi circle into the space with the female, driving over the top of her in the process. It was horrific and the poster gave no warning. Since then there have been so many people posting horrific stuff and laughing. The women concerned were obviously completely off their heads on ICE or similar. There was absolutely nothing even vaguely amusing about it. Apparently it was funny because 'people like that are bringing down the suburb and probably deserve what they get'. I can't get my head around that.
I'd suggest it's people who joked about a woman being run over who are 'bringing down the suburb'. They sound like a mob of meatheads. As for the person who posted such a horrific video, words fail me. Where were the page's moderators, or is it unmoderated?
Old Nov 11th 2019, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest it's people who joked about a woman being run over who are 'bringing down the suburb'. They sound like a mob of meatheads. As for the person who posted such a horrific video, words fail me. Where were the page's moderators, or is it unmoderated?
it goes back to who filmed the poor woman and uploaded it in the first place?

It’s horrible when people who have no decency, let alone empathy or kindness, come crawling out into the daylight and pretend like this is a normal thing to think and say.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 12:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I would assume when she got run over it became a criminal matter, and the video became evidence. I'd hope so, anyway.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
it goes back to who filmed the poor woman and uploaded it in the first place?

It’s horrible when people who have no decency, let alone empathy or kindness, come crawling out into the daylight and pretend like this is a normal thing to think and say.
Well said YR I can't imagine the sort of person who would rather film something like that instead trying to stop it happening.
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I would assume when she got run over it became a criminal matter, and the video became evidence. I'd hope so, anyway.
That would at least be something, but given that some psycho thought it would be a good thing to put it Facebook I doubt that they gave it to the police. But yes, hopefully the police were notified by people who saw the video.

Old Nov 11th 2019, 2:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Police have seen it and obviously attended along with ambulance. In fairness the majority of posters were horrified. As to why they posted it, wtf knows! They posted and then didn't reply to anyone. It's an open group, not sure if they have Admin or Moderators.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 8:09 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Police have seen it and obviously attended along with ambulance. In fairness the majority of posters were horrified. As to why they posted it, wtf knows! They posted and then didn't reply to anyone. It's an open group, not sure if they have Admin or Moderators.
It may be just the one person running the page Pen in which case it all depends on their personal MO. You can report such stuff to Facebook who will take an overview . You can report the post itself to the page admin/moderator.
We had a local FB page which was supposed to be a regional community help , care, share page. Unfortunately the person running that lost the way somewhere and turned it into someone altogether more personal using it to target those that could not respond from their own rather odd and somewhat twisted perception.
Several reported the page and in the end pressure + people dropping the page ( I did both) suspended it. It made the local newspaper here at the time and was not too long after the dreadful bush fire .
Report it Pen. It is not something for a community page.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 10:40 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Farage et all being on the news all the time (and I mean all) and hardly any coverage of the horrible floods !
Old Nov 12th 2019, 1:50 am
Somewhere

This place can be so bluddy frustrating. Choice is so limited and if you do see something odds are that it won't be possible to get your hands on whatever it is.

All I want are two decor screens by Matrix design Woodland. That is all I want. Bunnings stock them except oh no they don't. Well, not in any other design except for every kiwis desire, boring Fern . Everything fern. Meh!
I can see that Oz stocks Matrix Woodland design but Bunnings here won't deal with Bunnings there. Then I was asked why not have Fern Ums Because it won't bluddy look right mate.

I'm so over it atm. Unless you want what every man and his dog here has , you're stuffed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.