Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 4th 2019, 7:27 pm
Used to be Seasider

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Different side of the coin.. Dog owners who happily allow their dogs to get close to strangers and sniff them and then tell the person how friendly the dog is. I don't care how friendly you think it is, get it away from me until I say otherwise.
No argument from me on this. You've just reminded me of my last shared office building where quite a few people took their dogs into the office. One Jack Russell would always growl in the lift, and we'd get told not to make eye contact because it didn't like it. Erm, perhaps he's not cut out for office work then - just a thought. (Not the dog's fault, but the owner's for putting him in a stressful situation.)
Old Nov 4th 2019, 9:07 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Yes, I think we have all seen the extremes - sometimes my own girls can be over friendly, at other times they will bark incessantly at a person for no apparent reason. My job is to minimise the friction......
I always kept my dogs away from people when they were on a lead, unless the people asked if they could stroke them. They were so well behaved, Irish Setters, and so docile I could have let them off anywhere, but I always had them under control in open spaces if there were other dogs around. I was in LIncoln one day and a woman came up to me and asked if her son could stroke my dog, I said yes, ans she explained that the kid have been frightened by a dog which had snapped when he went to stroke it. I knew mine wouldn't although he was a big dog. I let the kid come to him in his own time, took about 5 mins and then the kid had his arms roung the dog and was stroking and alking to him.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone not me went on a shredding spree and shredded my requisition for medical imaging which I am supposed to get tomorrow at 8am which I wont be able to as ill have to wait for the doctors office to open at 830 to get a new one.

Old Nov 5th 2019, 5:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Someone not me went on a shredding spree and shredded my requisition for medical imaging which I am supposed to get tomorrow at 8am which I wont be able to as ill have to wait for the doctors office to open at 830 to get a new one.
Well that's a bummer. Is there any chance that you could go to the imaging appointment and get the reception staff to request your requisition via email or fax?
Old Nov 5th 2019, 6:02 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Big mega poops. I hope it can be sorted somehow.

I;d echo Spouse on this. Nothing ventured and all that
Old Nov 5th 2019, 12:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Well that's a bummer. Is there any chance that you could go to the imaging appointment and get the reception staff to request your requisition via email or fax?
If it's an actual appointment rather than "get there at 8.00 to beat the rush" walk-in then they will at least know something was arranged.

Old Nov 6th 2019, 1:48 am
Professional cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Just been informed that I can't access my usual counselor through my work EAP program anymore because it's meant to be for short term issues and I've had 2 lots of sessions with him

So now I have to figure something else out , preferably something my insurance will pay for ( spent $300 last time before my insurance decided they didn't cover psychotherapy)

Of course what I really need isn't available to me because I haven't gone on a killing spree or tried to top myself.

Trying to access mental health services is exhausting
Old Nov 6th 2019, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you on accessing mental health services, specifically therapy, its pretty easy to get medication.

Even if you do try to harm yourself you may not be able to access long term services for mental health.

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
Just been informed that I can't access my usual counselor through my work EAP program anymore because it's meant to be for short term issues and I've had 2 lots of sessions with him

So now I have to figure something else out , preferably something my insurance will pay for ( spent $300 last time before my insurance decided they didn't cover psychotherapy)

Of course what I really need isn't available to me because I haven't gone on a killing spree or tried to top myself.

Old Nov 6th 2019, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just rescheduled for next week, it was the easiest all around, I had a doctor appointment booked as well for later in the morning, so didn't want to risk things running late and being late for the doctor. (doctor today was unrelated to the imaging.)

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Big mega poops. I hope it can be sorted somehow.

I;d echo Spouse on this. Nothing ventured and all that
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
If it's an actual appointment rather than "get there at 8.00 to beat the rush" walk-in then they will at least know something was arranged.
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Old Nov 6th 2019, 3:38 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Well that sucks. I hope you can get something suitable sorted out.
Old Nov 6th 2019, 5:45 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Well that sucks. I hope you can get something suitable sorted out.
What VS said, Zoe xx
Old Nov 6th 2019, 12:58 pm
Professional cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

TBH honest I don't know if i want to. I was unsure as to whether the counseling was helping or making me feel worse.
the thought of having to start from scratch with someone new is too much
Old Nov 6th 2019, 2:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

FFS why is it so difficult to get proper mental health treatment and support.
Old Nov 6th 2019, 2:13 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
FFS why is it so difficult to get proper mental health treatment and support.
I think it's the same under all systems.... the problem is that mental health treatment is not like a broken leg, it is of indeterminate length.

If there's one thing that gets administrators in a tizzy, it's committing to something when they can't write in an end-date.
Old Nov 6th 2019, 4:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

While you're on hold, here's a CBC radio broadcast on Freud's legacy. I came across it on Nahlah Ayed's twitter feed.
"Poets are masters of us ordinary men, in knowledge of the mind," he wrote, "because they drink at streams which we have not yet made accessible to science."
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/wishf...life-1.5348179

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.