Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Jun 9th 2019, 11:39 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
As far as I am aware the only person who mentioned "lies" & "liars" in the present exchange is you - along with your pathetic use of "ad hom", "remainiacs" and "haters gonna hate". Might be good if you broadened your vocabulary & knowledge base a little - & try and improve your debating trolling style.
Then you appear unable to read - I suggest you go back to the thread in question and look at those calling me a liar - then you can come back here and apologise.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 11:41 am
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Can these Brexit comments be moved to a Brexit thread otherwise this might be something else that pisses people off
Old Jun 9th 2019, 3:04 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
The other three parts have always had a far far stronger nationalist kant - it's the decent English that have been the least nationalistic.
Damn right it always been the decent English (or British, depending) who have always wanted unity. On this centenary of Amritsar I am reading an account of Udham Singh, and his assassination of O'Dwyer after the event. It was the decent British of O'Dwyer and Dyer who just wanted unity and did what it takes to stop the division. I recommend "The Patient Assassin" by Anita Anand, this seems as good a place as any.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Being half English and half Welsh I have wondered why the Flag of St George is a sign of my White Nationalism/Bigotery etc etc but the St David is perfectly fine.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 3:26 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Being half English and half Welsh I have wondered why the Flag of St George is a sign of my White Nationalism/Bigotery etc etc but the St David is perfectly fine.
1. It isn't, but if it is perceived by some that your St Georges flag is so, then stop doing whatever it is you are doing with it.
2.Sounds a bit like why is there Gay Pride but not Straight Pride.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 3:28 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Then you appear unable to read - I suggest you go back to the thread in question and look at those calling me a liar - then you can come back here and apologise.
I have just reviewed the recent (£350 million) exchange & no one has actually accused you of lying - other than inviting you to differentiate between lying & disingenuity.

All this arose from your attempt to misinform & mislead.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 3:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

One of my fishing partners is from Bristol; his father is English and his mother is from a small town in Wales. They went to visit her home town and on one of his walks he stopped in at the local pub. The old boys gathered together at their corner table eyed him suspiciously as he approached the bar but every stranger probably gets that treatment. When he asked the barman for a beer and they heard his accent, one of the men in the corner asked him where he was from. He replied "I'm from Bristol, but my mum is from here." The old guy smiled and said "Well you're alright then Boyo, you're only half a bastard!" As we fished we then had a conversation about the English and their position as oppressors.
Craig Ferguson was either on his talk show or visiting someone else's and told of getting into a fight in a bar in Scotland. As it progressed from a real or perceived insult to argument to angry shouting he yelled "Let's go, I'll kill you, you English bastard!" The other man retorts "Oh yeah, you're going to get it now you English bastard!" Craig explains "Of course, neither of us is English, but it helps get the blood up."
Old Jun 9th 2019, 4:03 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

25 years ago I worked for a Company with its head office in Scotland, which I had to visit most weeks, staying overnight in a super, small hotel on the edge of town.

One night I was chatting with the proprietor & I suggested that I might pop into town that evening. He replied that he had undertaken to my Boss to "look after me" and that he would not allow me to go into town - as I am English!
Old Jun 9th 2019, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Damn right it always been the decent English (or British, depending) who have always wanted unity. On this centenary of Amritsar I am reading an account of Udham Singh, and his assassination of O'Dwyer after the event. It was the decent British of O'Dwyer and Dyer who just wanted unity and did what it takes to stop the division. I recommend "The Patient Assassin" by Anita Anand, this seems as good a place as any.
In that account kimilseung, does it mention a Capt. or Lieutenant ,named Percival?
Old Jun 9th 2019, 7:56 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
In that account kimilseung, does it mention a Capt. or Lieutenant ,named Percival?
General Sir Percy Sykes, is the nearest.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 10:22 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
One of my fishing partners is from Bristol; his father is English and his mother is from a small town in Wales. They went to visit her home town and on one of his walks he stopped in at the local pub. The old boys gathered together at their corner table eyed him suspiciously as he approached the bar but every stranger probably gets that treatment.
Like this

Old Jun 10th 2019, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
General Sir Percy Sykes, is the nearest.
Thanks for checking.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

My sister.

She is super conservative and religious so total opposite of me, but she is always posting and complaining about welfare and government programs, when she herself benefitted from those programs...makes no sense.

She lives in AZ now and post on an article on FB about Californian's moving to AZ, "people in California should stay there" um hello your from California....

No wonder we barely speak lol
Old Jun 14th 2019, 3:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
My sister.

She is super conservative and religious so total opposite of me, but she is always posting and complaining about welfare and government programs, when she herself benefitted from those programs...makes no sense.

She lives in AZ now and post on an article on FB about Californian's moving to AZ, "people in California should stay there" um hello your from California....

No wonder we barely speak lol
You know the old saying JS, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family You've chosen your BE friends well anyway, we think you're lovely
Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Went out to get take out, got home, daughter carrying food, got to the table and managed to drop mine, food all over the floor. Who needs dinner anyway?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.