Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old May 16th 2019, 6:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by mrken30 View Post
Stupidity. My electoral office forgot to send my proxy a postal vote application. So after sending an overseas voter form, a psoatl application form and then being told they only send out ballot 10 days or less prior to the election. Then sending a proxy registration. They forgot to send my proxy a postal registration form, so now I can't vote in the Democratic Republic of the UK. So many hurdles and incompetence. My proxy lives 60 miles from the polling station.
The good news is that at least you don't think it's a plot, unlike some...
Old May 16th 2019, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The good news is that at least you don't think it's a plot, unlike some...
I have my suspicions that they do not want overseas voters to vote. I am now not able to vote because my sister did not fill in form number 4 in order for me to be able to vote. The reason that she did not fill in the form is because nobody told her or myself. So maybe it is a plot.Put in as many hurdles as possible to stop overseas voters.

Old May 16th 2019, 7:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I have my suspicions that they do not want overseas voters to vote. I am now not able to vote because my sister did not fill in form number 4 in order for me to be able to vote. The reason that she did not fill in the form is because nobody told her or myself. So maybe it is a plot.Put in as many hurdles as possible to stop overseas voters.
They aren't efficient enough to plot against you Really.

The best way to influence voting is advertising, and possibly lying. Targeting overseas voters as a group to prevent them from voting, when they don't have any idea how those people would vote, would be a waste of time and money.
Old May 16th 2019, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Stupidity. My electoral office forgot to send my proxy a postal vote application. So after sending an overseas voter form, a psoatl application form and then being told they only send out ballot 10 days or less prior to the election. Then sending a proxy registration. They forgot to send my proxy a postal registration form, so now I can't vote in the Democratic Republic of the UK. So many hurdles and incompetence. My proxy lives 60 miles from the polling station.
Seems overly complicated.

Granted the US system varies by state, but California makes it super easy to vote overseas. They have 3 options to get a ballot to you, email, mail or fax.

To return ballot you can fax it or mail it. (they don't yet permit the ballot to be returned by email.)

I hate when government over complicates something.
Old May 19th 2019, 3:19 pm
Professional cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

So called technical support with poor command of English
today's examples include "Please apologise for the difficulties we are experiencing with xxx"
and " our developers are looking into it but unfortunately we can give an ETA"
Old May 19th 2019, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Living in an apartment. Too flipping small for 2 adults and I just hate it. No yard to rest in, always stuck inside, worst form of housing.
Old May 19th 2019, 10:44 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Living in an apartment. Too flipping small for 2 adults and I just hate it. No yard to rest in, always stuck inside, worst form of housing.
I think you iz hating everything at the mo though.
Take the lovely Charlee out for a walk if it isn't rotten weather - or even if it is - & whilst you are at it take a pic of her and something else random and post it up. Been a while since we saw her.

Old May 19th 2019, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I think you iz hating everything at the mo though.
Take the lovely Charlee out for a walk if it isn't rotten weather - or even if it is - & whilst you are at it take a pic of her and something else random and post it up. Been a while since we saw her.
I have always hated apartment living, I feel trapped since there is no outdoor area you can go and have some privacy still, only options are public areas like parks which simply is not the same as a backyard.

We have been on a few walks today.
Old May 20th 2019, 4:09 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I flipping love our apartment. It's huge and both balconies provide plenty of fresh air.

The benefits of living in an apartment are that you'll typically be in a busy built up area where there are loads of things to go out and do. The option option is suburbia where some twat next door wants to comment on how your maid washed the car. Just **** off and worry about you 11 stone 6yr old psychopath child Karen.
Old May 20th 2019, 5:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I flipping love our apartment. It's huge and both balconies provide plenty of fresh air.

The benefits of living in an apartment are that you'll typically be in a busy built up area where there are loads of things to go out and do. The option option is suburbia where some twat next door wants to comment on how your maid washed the car. Just **** off and worry about you 11 stone 6yr old psychopath child Karen.
Bit of an insensitive brag there Scamp. If JS had a 'huge' apartment with two balconies he'd probably flipping love his apartment too.
Old May 20th 2019, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

A big apartment would be fine, but typical condo/apartment in Vancouver isn't big. We are in a busy area which for me is part of the issue, traffic noise non-stop, sirens overnight always waking me up. In winter its not so bad since the window and patio door is closed to keep the place warm, but now with warm weather its too warm to keep the windows and door closed, and no a/c since its a low rise condo building and low rise buildings tend to not have a/c. Not sure about high rises. Our building isn't old (5 years) but a/c just isn't common in low rise condo buildings.

Yeah its more about the lack of space and smallness that bothers me along with the noise.

Old May 20th 2019, 7:21 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Bit of an insensitive brag there Scamp. If JS had a 'huge' apartment with two balconies he'd probably flipping love his apartment too.
I was trying to be positive rather than a dick. My bad.

A big apartment would be fine, but typical condo/apartment in Vancouver isn't big. We are in a busy area which for me is part of the issue, traffic noise non-stop, sirens overnight always waking me up. In winter its not so bad since the window and patio door is closed to keep the place warm, but now with warm weather its too warm to keep the windows and door closed, and no a/c since its a low rise condo building and low rise buildings tend to not have a/c. Not sure about high rises. Our building isn't old (5 years) but a/c just isn't common in low rise condo buildings.

Yeah its more about the lack of space and smallness that bothers me along with the noise.
Noise I get. It's non stop and it's something I appreciate when I go home to the village Mum lives in, it's silent, it's glorious.

Only suggestion for that is fans / some sort of internal AC unit / tower or something? That way noise is only from the blowing not from outside and the traffic / pissheads (used to get loads walking by where I lived in Southampton years ago, ****ing students) / sirens etc.
Old May 20th 2019, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Our area is interesting I will give it that, especially from 11p to around 4am when the most interesting people come out, some are just high as a kite or drunk, we have a few hookers on various corners, and some low level criminals to break into things, our building averages 1-2 break in's per month into the lobby, as far as I know no units have been broken into, just the mail room and parking garage.

But yeah very interesting area after dark. I only learned of the interesting after dark was I was either coming home from work at 1am or 2am or going to work at 3am and encountered a few of the more interesting characters.
Old May 20th 2019, 2:54 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Having no grass to cut is a plus though, if you had a balcony or something it would be better of course, but yard work sucks pipe.
Old May 20th 2019, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Having no grass to cut is a plus though, if you had a balcony or something it would be better of course, but yard work sucks pipe.
Grass cutting does such, I would landscape in a way where there limited to no grass. Grass is overrated landscaping and can't water it most of the summer really so ends up mostly dead.

We have a small balcony, I use it at times, its a very busy street so I would not call it enjoyable but I do sit out there on warmer days.

Now if its a riding mower, then grass cutting isn't so bad.

Last edited by Jsmth321; May 20th 2019 at 7:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.