Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:51 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
No, it's real and I get it, I really do. Not dissimilar to my situation. We should pool our moaning/resources.
LiW, sorry that you are in a similar situation. It sucks big time.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:55 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
LiW, sorry that you are in a similar situation. It sucks big time.
I wouldn't just assume that you and OH can't find work in the UK though. It's always worth a try, nothing to lose. Cultivating personal connections is probably the best way to go - I know I am. The Little Lion loves the UK and is likely to stick there, so still more do I want to be there.

Never say never.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:57 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I'm closest so I nominate me.
Not sure this is completely democratic...
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:58 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's real and I get it, I really do. Not dissimilar to my situation. We should pool our moaning/resources.
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
We have acquaintances who moved to NZ South Island for the better life.
The husband loved it being an active outdoors person.
His wife eventually gave him an ultimatum we either move back to the UK as a family or I take the children and go back leaving you behind.
Things like the nearest decent restaurants being 50 miles away were a negative for her.
Eventually they dud return to the UK and are just as miserable as they were before moving to NZ...
The boys had real problems adjusting to life and schools back in the UK.
Yeah but they aren't us
We ping-ponged back in 2005 from NZ and returned here in 2007. The OH was really down in the UK which brought me down and we decided to give it another go. I was okayish with it for the first few years with occasional bouts of homesickness. I would suffer from S.A.D. for a few months in the UK and need anti-depressants for a short while, here I've been on them full-time.
It's not a case of the grass being greener anywhere else, it's about an internal calmness I feel in the UK (I get the same feeling in Australia and some European countries too).
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:02 am
Finally mesh free!

I wouldn't just assume that you and OH can't find work in the UK though. It's always worth a try, nothing to lose. Cultivating personal connections is probably the best way to go - I know I am. The Little Lion loves the UK and is likely to stick there, so still more do I want to be there.

Never say never.
I hope so, it's just how I feel on my worst days. Need to encourage the OH to tap up his UK procurement contacts on LinkedIn!!!! We are happy to consider Aussie and Singapore for a few years too.
The pull of Little Lion being where you want to be must be hard.....fingers crossed for you x
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:06 am
Finally mesh free!

Feeling stuck is horrible. Any chance of a rich old great-aunt popping her clogs and leaving you her millions?
OMG I wish . My parentals are both only children and their Auntie's & Uncle's had plenty of children....just rude.

My god-mother (who thinks I'm the bees knees), had a son of her own sadly!!!!!! Is that selfish of me ??????
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:13 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
You've got what the Dutch called 'Heemweg' and we call 'homesickness' I used to get it periodically during my 30 yrs of incarceration in the Netherlands. Everything in Holland was shit,Everything in the UK was cast in a glowing light. Don't worry , it will change once you move your mind set onto something more positive. I couldn't do a damn thing about my situation, dependent as it was on OH's job ( I wasn't allowed to work in NL in the early days) If you really can't change it ,find something to do thats creative . Spinning in the same place does you no good
No, it's not homesickness, I have had that periodically over the last 12 years and is horrendous whilst it lasts. This is knowing that I don't belong here, it's a feeling of low-grade panic that I live with. I don't see in the UK in a "glowing light" at all, plenty of stuff that would piss me off on a daily basis there too but at least I have a sense of belonging.
I experience a sense of calm when I go back to the UK or if I'm in Australia, I don't feel like a stranger there. I felt a similar feeling in Switzerland and France too.
I cope on a daily basis and some days are okay to good, NZ is just not a good fit for me.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:14 am
Used to be Seasider

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure this is completely democratic...
Especially as I am closer.

Vitalstatistix, get yourselves over here.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:16 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
And if it means homesickness, then that's not what Vital et al have. They know they are living in the wrong place and that no amount of finding new activities or changing mindset will alter that fact.

Anyway I'm pissed off because we just had a humdinger of a storm, driving home blind to find next door have gone away camping for the weekend yet again and left their dog home alone, untethered, yet again. Poor girl was climbing our screen door howling desperate to get in away from the storm. My cat was beyond terrified by the dog. Don't tell me you're an animal lover and then leave your dog to wander free every ****ing weekend.
Exactly MP.
I'm pissed off on yours and that poor dog's behalf. Some people just shouldn't have animals.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:17 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by Kooky. View Post
People who make facile comments with no comprehension of or compassion for other people's situations or feelings.
Quite
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:20 am
Finally mesh free!

We haven't heard back from BEVS, so she either has her own supply of cooking sherry or she's done a bunk. I think one of us need to pop over to NZ and check on her. I'm closest so I nominate me. All members please keep an eye out for my Go Fund Me page
I've been wondering how she was getting on too! However, I'm closer than all of you lot so I win AND I have a bottle of cooking sherry available
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:21 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by Kooky. View Post
Especially as I am closer.

Vitalstatistix, get yourselves over here.
I'll see you tomorrow then
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:25 am
Finally mesh free!

I'm pissed off because I can't Multi-Quote. I click on the "+ and sod all happens
Also, since the Downgrade I can only get one smilie at a time, I used to be able to click on more than one before heading back to my post .
Old Nov 18th 2018, 3:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't heard back from BEVS, so she either has her own supply of cooking sherry or she's done a bunk. I think one of us need to pop over to NZ and check on her. I'm closest so I nominate me. All members please keep an eye out for my Go Fund Me page
Erm I think you'll find that I'm closer....
Old Nov 18th 2018, 4:04 am
Used to be Seasider

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Erm I think you'll find that I'm closer....
Chicks' Trip?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.