Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Old Oct 24th 2018, 12:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
Flew to the UK last month for 2 weeks. That's not what pi$$ed me off.
The outbound flight (Orlando to Manchester) on Thomas Cook was delayed 4 hours due to a 'technical problem the previous day".
I submitted a claim for compensation on Thomas Cook's web site. Got an email October 3rd saying "your case is now closed" with no explanation of the resolution.
3 subsequent emails went unanswered.
Today, I tried calling their complaints line (UK number) to be met with an automated "Your call will be answered in approximately 60 minutes". WTF?
The flights were cheap but I won't be flying with them again.
How infuriating. Bastards
Old Oct 24th 2018, 12:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eleanorvcohen View Post
I am incredibly p*ssed off that I have been to apply for my Canadian driving licence and had to surrender my UK one.

Please can aanyone cheer me up by telling me it will all be ok when I return to the UK and DVLA will let me have a UK Licence back without too much arguing? And also what happens if I hire a car or drive a relatives car when I’m back in the uk?

Thanks. I’m so fed up today. I feel like I’ve given up so much to be here and I’m none too happy with the returns
You can drive in the UK on your Canadian licence for 12 months before having to convert to a UK licence. You'd be ok to hire a car in the UK, if you're driving a relative's car they'd need to check with their insurer that you're covered - they may have to add you to their vehicle insurance policy temporarily if their insurer requires it.

If you move back to the UK permanently, it'd just be a straight swap - surrender your Canadian licence, get a UK one.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 24th 2018 at 12:14 am.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 1:29 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
All done and dusted - and all clear!!
Took a trip to view my appendix and other bits from the inside and check the stitches (still there) from my op. All healed nicely, all looking "in the pink"
Then on into town to have my steak and a glass of vinho,

Now back at home.
Early start tomorrow to get the car MOT'd (a month early) and it's on down the flight path to Portugal on the 4th!!
Good news, well done.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Just had to say goodbye (well see you later as I never say goodbye or bye to anyone) to my street cat Gypsy. Love this beautiful girl and she improved so much whilst with me, I'll miss her.
She looks so sweet.
I fostered a dog a few years back , she was "uncivilised " & drove me round the bend , but when it came to giving her up , I just couldn't
She still drives me round the bloody bend !!!
Old Oct 24th 2018, 10:40 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
She looks so sweet.
I fostered a dog a few years back , she was "uncivilised " & drove me round the bend , but when it came to giving her up , I just couldn't
She still drives me round the bloody bend !!!
Yep, my two still can't use a knife and fork..........
Old Oct 24th 2018, 12:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Will you be keeping any of the hoodlums?
I still have the hoodlums. 10 weeks but still too small for desexing. They won't go to the shop until they've been desexed. Not adopting any of them, I have a very territorial boss by the name of Indi. She allows these squatters in the spare room but that's her limit.

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Aw Pen.

I think perhaps you would like to have kept her ?
Me and daughter have definitely fallen for her. Had a few tears over the past three months when we had milestone moments. There's something about her, everyone who took time over the past two years to go down and feed her on the hill, have a major soft spot for her and have been to visit her, incredibly happy to see her warm and dry and relatively happy.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eleanorvcohen View Post
I am incredibly p*ssed off that I have been to apply for my Canadian driving licence and had to surrender my UK one.

Please can aanyone cheer me up by telling me it will all be ok when I return to the UK and DVLA will let me have a UK Licence back without too much arguing? And also what happens if I hire a car or drive a relatives car when I’m back in the uk?

Thanks. I’m so fed up today. I feel like I’ve given up so much to be here and I’m none too happy with the returns
yes you can get it back, helpful if you kept your driver number but not essential
you hire a car on your Canadian Licence
Old Oct 25th 2018, 12:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf?

DNA tests to prove right to settle in the UK? Why don't we just make people wear armbands?

Somebody(bodies) ought to be sacked here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45979359
Old Oct 25th 2018, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Wtf?

DNA tests to prove right to settle in the UK? Why don't we just make people wear armbands?

There were such tests for Commonwealth migrants for years, for children or spouses. (There was a difficulty, in what to say, in the few cases where the mother was genuine but father not and he would not have known!!!! )
So they stopped the tests.
There was also the scandal of the virginity tests for 'Asian' women in the 70s when they came for marriage.

I was stopped at Heathrow in the 70s when children were included on mothers passport, I hadn't noticed that the out going stamp said two instead of three children. I was accused of bringing an extra child from India---- toddler child helped matters ---I had put the child to sit on the desk and had unnoticed picked up a biro and scribbled all over the immigration officers papers. We were whisked through quickly!
Old Oct 25th 2018, 5:54 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf?
.... it's next week's policy initiative;
Pink armband: ..... Social misfit
Green: ................. Grunt class
Blue: ....................Prole/ minimum wage class
Red: .....................Foreigner
Union Jack: .......... Pure Aryan Brit
No problem, but don't forget the book-burning & torch-light parades for your diary.......
Old Oct 26th 2018, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf?

Most of us wouldn't qualify then. On what are they basing the test.? There's no such thing as a Brit. We are all made up of at least two if not three basic markers. I have six from Scandinavian blood, to Celtic and African ( 2%)
Old Oct 26th 2018, 6:55 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Most of us wouldn't qualify then. On what are they basing the test.? There's no such thing as a Brit. We are all made up of at least two if not three basic markers. I have six from Scandinavian blood, to Celtic and African ( 2%)
Wouldn't they just be tests to prove that dependants are blood relatives?
Old Oct 26th 2018, 8:21 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

.. Quick - where's that Immigration Removals Service truck !!!
Old Oct 26th 2018, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Obviously not the sort off person I would call a friend, or even speak too !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exlcaG9mBmg
The follow up
http://www.theguardian.com/business/...from-passenger
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:29 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I have 6% Scandinavia as well. The new update has narrowed it down to Norway, apparently.

I'm also about 43% Ireland/Scotland compared to 51% GB/NW Europe, so I probably get kicked out on a technicality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.