Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Virginia law would force women seeking abortion to undergo probe

Virginia law would force women seeking abortion to undergo probe

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 3:02 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
I think we are dealing with a particularly intrusive agenda here though.
Even if there were no Christian right, there would still be sanctimonious politicians, determined to impose their higher values on us. The "Christian right" will always be with us, in some guise. Religion, as usual, is just a convenient excuse.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
now we need a "What made me want to punch certain politicians in the face over and over again". It is sexual assault in the name of their religious beliefs.
I agree!! The hell with everybody else's beliefs, eh? Religious or otherwise! I've found that "Christianity" often doesn't behave in a "Christian" way.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress View Post
I agree!! The hell with everybody else's beliefs, eh? Religious or otherwise! I've found that "Christianity" often doesn't behave in a "Christian" way.
Christian charity left the building a long time ago, to be replaced by egotistic twonks who saw it as a good marketing strategy, whilst worshipping the Mammon of money...
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
I agree this is indefensible, but isn't this what all politicians are about? They all want to impose their own agenda and manipulate us, by guilt or some other emotion, into doing what they want. They play on our irrationalities. Right, left or centre, I don't trust a single one of the megalomaniacs.
DITTO! Well said!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I think you hit it better with your other post. Politicians use their resources to get into power to represent their own interests which coincide with the interests of their class or group, or mostly, financial interest. This country is an oligarchy, and anyone who thinks differently just isn't paying attention.
Bordering on tyranny, in my view!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, but we aren't talking about people who intend to carry to full term. We are talking about women who present themselves for an abortion. Pregnancy will already have been established, and equally if it has not there are other ways to establish it. The vaginal ultrasound is the only way to pick up a foetal heartbeat that early in a pregnancy. That is why these people are doing that to their unwilling victims.
Seems to me this will only enrich the underground abortionists - again! In my youth, quinine and castor oil was a favourite of those too poor to afford even a back room "doctor" with a coat hanger!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
The "Christian right" will always be with us
People will wise up eventually.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 4:22 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface View Post
Your issue is not with the vaginal probing itself, I assume? it is the fact that the result of this is the lady is forced to see/listen to the heartbeat etc thus trying to guilt them out of the termination.
Actually the probing is pretty bad too. For the government to force a woman to undergo, and her doctor to perform, an unnecessary and potentially uncomfortable procedure for the sole purpose of trying to intimidate her into not doing something that is perfectly legal and within her rights to do is pretty freaking psychotic.

Regardless of whether the woman is forced to look/listen to the results, there is absolutely no medical indication for a vaginal ultrasound prior to a D&C. None whatsoever.

Last edited by Leslie; Feb 23rd 2012 at 5:01 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Actually the probing is pretty bad too. For the government to force a woman to undergo, and her doctor to perform, an unnecessary and potentially uncomfortable procedure for the sole purpose of trying to intimidate her into not doing something that is perfectly legal and within her rights to do is pretty freaking psychotic.

Regardless of whether the woman is forced to look/listen to the results, there is absolutely no medical indication for a vaginal ultrasound prior to a D&C. None whatsoever.
Yes it is. I had a surprise but welcome pregnancy at 42. Sadly, it was not to be and aside from the emotional turmoil, undergoing the physical process of the probe to ascertain the viability of the pregnancy was unpleasant to say the least.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Virginia law would force women seeking abortion to undergo probe

I started a thread?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:19 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I started a thread?
You were very busy while you were away.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:21 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I started a thread?
Posts moved from What Pissed You Off. JG started one on your behalf
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:24 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Gobsmacked really.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:51 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post

Agreed as per my posts 40 & 41.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:42 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.