Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

UK immigration post Brexit

UK immigration post Brexit

Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK immigration post Brexit

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Its nothing new. Quite well known. I'm surprised even you are unaware of bit, because it predates the referendum by some decades.

Here's a more contemporary starter for you. Just to make it easier for you to catch up:

Brexit Exposes Britain’s Massive Inferiority Complex

There's quite a few credible and compelling studies out there, but they tend to be more complex than a Daily Express headline.
Hey, is this News Republic an AMERICAN magazine? Please tell me it isn't. Please tell me you are not now quoting crap non-entity writers from an American magazine? You gotta try harder, Ami. Your standards, for what they are, are dropping by the link.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

I'm truly sorry if you have reading comprehension issues, but like most things that are your own fault, I am not responsible for it. Sorry.
Reading comprehension issues? After four and more years of reading your opinions dressed up as fact I would rather watch paint dry.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm truly sorry if you have reading comprehension issues, but like most things that are your own fault, I am not responsible for it. Sorry.
No, but you are responsible for a large amount of crude strawmen and sneering trolling (which you've openly admitted is "entertainment" and "playing with the delusionals"); plus an ongoing tendency to believe your own BS a little too much, with the result that highly biased opinions are routinely stated as facts when they're nothing of the sort.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
Reading comprehension issues? After four and more years of reading your opinions dressed up as fact I would rather watch paint dry.

This is spot on.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:26 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, I must be getting scary. You guys really should catch up with reality. It wouldn't seem so scary now
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ahh, I must be getting scary. You guys really should catch up with reality. It wouldn't seem so scary now
WE should catch up with reality? See, there you go again.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

Repetitive, dear. That's what you are. We saw through your bullshit ages ago.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:43 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, is this News Republic an AMERICAN magazine? Please tell me it isn't. Please tell me you are not now quoting crap non-entity writers from an American magazine? You gotta try harder, Ami. Your standards, for what they are, are dropping by the link.
See, this is the problem. You lot assume that anything from outside the bubble must be bullshit.

But the bubble not only represents a tiny fraction of planet, but the most consumed media within the bubble is indisputably and demonstrated daily to be well outside any standard of credibility.

I chose this one article, out of the hundreds written, not only because it is more contemporary and written largely in laymen's terms, but specifically because it's from OUTSIDE the bubble. In case you're still having reading comprehension problems, that means it's objective and therefore, more credible.

This isn't a secret. Nor a fig newton of my imagination. Its well known. You want more? There's this thing called Google. Maybe you've heard of it?

Warning: some articles explore complex sociological conditions and use big words. I know you guys don't like "experts" so you might want to consider that before digging too deep. If my narratives confuse you, I can't imagine what academic studies could do to you. But again, that's just another problem with the Brexit paradox.

Last edited by amideislas; Jan 15th 2020 at 5:50 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

See, this is the problem. You lot assume that anything from outside the bubble must be bullshit.

But the bubble not only represents a tiny fraction of planet, but the most consumed media within the bubble is indisputably and demonstrated daily to be well outside any standard of credibility.

I chose this one article, out of the hundreds written, not only because it is more contemporary and written largely in laymen's terms, but specifically because it's from OUTSIDE the bubble. In case you're still having reading comprehension problems, that means it's objective and therefore, more credible.

This isn't a secret. Nor a fig newton of my imagination. Its well known. You want more? There's this thing called Google. Maybe you've heard of it?

Warning: some articles explore complex sociological conditions and use big words. I know you guys don't like "experts" so you might want to consider that before digging too deep. If my narratives confuse you, I can't imagine what academic studies could do to you. But again, that's just another problem with the Brexit paradox.
No, it is not reading comprehension problems. Not mine, anyway. Try a Google for 'UKs superiority complex' and you will find just as many and just as ludicrous links as the one you posted. The difference between you and I is YOU believe this BS. But you don't want to know that. Your opinion is fact, full stop, end of discussion, because what did you say to me some time ago? Ah, yes, I have no argument at all because YOU know exactly what you are talking about. Well, can anyone beat that one?

Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

No, it is not reading comprehension problems. Not mine, anyway. Try a Google for 'UKs superiority complex' and you will find just as many and just as ludicrous links as the one you posted. The difference between you and I is YOU believe this BS. But you don't want to know that. Your opinion is fact, full stop, end of discussion, because what did you say to me some time ago? Ah, yes, I have no argument at all because YOU know exactly what you are talking about. Well, can anyone beat that one?
The only explanation is that she's either arrogant or dumb. Or possibly both (which I think is most likely).
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:05 pm
Banned

If you study this a bit, you'll find that the British "superiority complex" is just another interpretation of the same phenomenon. Most sociologists now agree that the stereotypical British arrogance is actually the result of slow, steady decline of power and prestige since the loss of the empire. A humiliation of sorts. An inferiority complex.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:09 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

If you study this a bit, you'll find that the British "superiority complex" is just another interpretation of the same phenomenon. Most sociologists now agree that the stereotypical British arrogance is actually the result of slow, steady decline of power and prestige since the loss of the empire. A humiliation of sorts. An inferiority complex.
Sadly,that is true.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ami, I don't give one about superiority or inferiority. And please, the 'empire' again? It is you who needs to get out of the bubble, your Google bubble. You are reading too much into this BS. Look, at 23:00 GMT 31 January 2020, it is all over. Then you can break free from your Google bubble and start to live again. How about it?
Old Jan 15th 2020, 8:14 pm
Banned

It's pretty well known. It's one of the fundamental causes of Brexit. It's not a conspiracy theory. There's only one place on the entire planet where any measurable numbers of people refuse to accept it. You might benefit from from peeking outside the bubble from time to time..

Last edited by amideislas; Jan 15th 2020 at 8:20 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 8:38 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Ami, I don't give one about superiority or inferiority. And please, the 'empire' again? It is you who needs to get out of the bubble, your Google bubble. You are reading too much into this BS. Look, at 23:00 GMT 31 January 2020, it is all over. Then you can break free from your Google bubble and start to live again. How about it?
Now if January 31s was the day that the UK ceased to be on thrall to Americana, then it might have some purpose. In fact, we all know that the opposite is true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.