Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Trollish Behaviour...Off Topic Posts Moved from Pres. Trump Thread.

Trollish Behaviour...Off Topic Posts Moved from Pres. Trump Thread.

Old Nov 18th 2020, 1:38 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trollish Behaviour...Off Topic Posts Moved from Pres. Trump Thread.

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
On the broader topic upthread, most BEers hold some sort of belief or opinion that I completely disagree with. The exception being robin1234. He is perfect in every way and I have never disagreed with a single thing he's posted. I'm not even exaggerating. The man is a God.

Other than robin1234, everybody else has said something nutty that left me -------> Often somebody I am friends with and agree with on many other things. I'm sure that everybody here has read some of my posts and thought I had my head twisted on backwards that day. Sometimes we fight it out and sometimes we just roll our eyes and move on. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. That's not we're talking about here --- wrong-headedness is one thing, lies are another.

This is a great thread and IMO we need to give JG credit for enabling this type of airing out. Sunshine is the best antiseptic.
Regrettably I have so many imperfections, which I’ll list.
1. I don’t wear gardening gloves, so I keep getting splinters and thorns in my fingers.
Hmm, can’t think of any more, if any come to mind I’ll post again ..
Old Nov 18th 2020, 2:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...everybody else has said something nutty that left me -------> .
I demand examples

Perhaps not.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 2:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Surely - you live in Norfolk?

Very flat, Norfolk.

Old Nov 18th 2020, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

On the broader topic upthread, most BEers hold some sort of belief or opinion that I completely disagree with. The exception being robin1234. He is perfect in every way and I have never disagreed with a single thing he's posted. I'm not even exaggerating. The man is a God.

Other than robin1234, everybody else has said something nutty that left me -------> Often somebody I am friends with and agree with on many other things. I'm sure that everybody here has read some of my posts and thought I had my head twisted on backwards that day. Sometimes we fight it out and sometimes we just roll our eyes and move on. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. That's not we're talking about here --- wrong-headedness is one thing, lies are another.

This is a great thread and IMO we need to give JG credit for enabling this type of airing out. Sunshine is the best antiseptic.
Christ I think I'mb going to be sick!! Banned I suppose!
Old Nov 18th 2020, 6:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Oh how adorable. You actually think you're significant enough for anybody to give a shit what you think or whether or not you're even here.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 7:24 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

The bucket's over -》behind the door.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 7:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You're in the wrong thread. The outraged thread is that way ===============>
Old Nov 18th 2020, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

This post gave me joy. Everybody needs a hobby I guess ... creativity in the Covid era.
It's quite an eye-opener, watching the FoxNews comments. I went to bed circa 2am, and got up circa 9am. I left a comments page open, and it updated as follows:

That's over 3,000 new posts since last night! (and that's just ONE article; every news article has its own comments page). If you stay on the page, that number keeps growing and you can't hope to ever catch up. After a day or so you will see some comments with 10,000 upvotes! Here on BE, people feel duty-bound to correct mis-statements, even though the BE audience is just a few hundred participants (if that). If you really want to fight mis-information, they should go over to some of these mainstream sites!

There are way too many gems to share them all here, but this one caught my fancy this morning. Since P**** isn't here any longer, I thought it might put a smile on a few faces:
"Dominion voting software was made in Venezuela so Hugo Chavez could cheat and win every election. That is what it was designed to do. Many other countries have used the same software, with the same results. The CIA in the US has known about this for years. They still did nothing to stop us from using the software."

Old Nov 19th 2020, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
It's quite an eye-opener, watching the FoxNews comments. I went to bed circa 2am, and got up circa 9am. I left a comments page open, and it updated as follows:

That's over 3,000 new posts since last night! (and that's just ONE article; every news article has its own comments page). If you stay on the page, that number keeps growing and you can't hope to ever catch up. After a day or so you will see some comments with 10,000 upvotes! Here on BE, people feel duty-bound to correct mis-statements, even though the BE audience is just a few hundred participants (if that). If you really want to fight mis-information, they should go over to some of these mainstream sites!

There are way too many gems to share them all here, but this one caught my fancy this morning. Since P**** isn't here any longer, I thought it might put a smile on a few faces:
"Dominion voting software was made in Venezuela so Hugo Chavez could cheat and win every election. That is what it was designed to do. Many other countries have used the same software, with the same results. The CIA in the US has known about this for years. They still did nothing to stop us from using the software."
Is that your username - "NineInches"?

Maybe it's not just the trolling you're enjoying.

Old Nov 19th 2020, 3:27 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Is that your username - "NineInches"?

Maybe it's not just the trolling you're enjoying.
We're seeing a whole new side to Steerpike.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post

I don't comment on those sites as it just leads to bad things, but I read and find some of the comments pure entertainment, and amazed how some people think......and what they believe is reality but really isn't reality, they clearly see the world through a vastly different lens.

Maybe the US ought to go to old fashioned paper ballots and count by hand........ which is obviously very difficult to do in the US because of all the other stuff on the ballot, so this is meant to be lighthearted comment not to be taken super seriously.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 3:31 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Regrettably I have so many imperfections, which I’ll list.
1. I don’t wear gardening gloves, so I keep getting splinters and thorns in my fingers.
I'm pretty sure the splinters and thorns are at fault here. ****ers.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 4:30 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Having read the whole thread, I pretty much stand by my original opinion, that banning is always a heavy hammer to wield. Perhaps it's the 1st Amendment idealism in me. The person in question was a gasbag, with nothing useful to say, but he did (IMO) have a right to say it. I agree with others above who say that they really did just ignore him.

Perhaps I am more tolerant of hard opinions from the other side, since I live it in my daily life. Most of opinions are not that popular here in rural GA, after all. Jeez even my wife voted for the orange turd.

That said, I also acknowledge that moderation must be a pretty thankless chore, and that BE does a good job of it.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 5:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Having read the whole thread, I pretty much stand by my original opinion, that banning is always a heavy hammer to wield. Perhaps it's the 1st Amendment idealism in me. The person in question was a gasbag, with nothing useful to say, but he did (IMO) have a right to say it. I agree with others above who say that they really did just ignore him.
Perhaps I am more tolerant of hard opinions from the other side, since I live it in my daily life. Most of opinions are not that popular here in rural GA, after all. Jeez even my wife voted for the orange turd.
That said, I also acknowledge that moderation must be a pretty thankless chore, and that BE does a good job of it.
On the fishing forum I mod on, nearly every ban that isn't just shooting bots is for personal attacks. All the mods have been there for years and years, and we can usually see it coming.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 5:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Having read the whole thread, I pretty much stand by my original opinion, that banning is always a heavy hammer to wield.
Indeed it is. But some times a heavy hammer is needed.
Worth noting that it's rarely used too. An example is that last week a post was removed for trolling with a "last warning" added. There have been at least three further and separate posts from that individual deleted for trolling since then.

You really have to get into dodgy waters to get that heavy hammer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.