Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tories in chaos

Tories in chaos

Old May 7th 2019, 11:52 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
May is apparently meeting Tory rep Graham Brady today, to discuss her own exit-for-brexit. Bets on which happens first?
Imagine the single-looped answer?
"What I'm clear about is that what I'm concentrating on and focussing on is carrying on" [Graham]... pip-pip-pip.
Just like the old BT speaking clock!
Exit means exit?

None of the would-be new leaders want her to go until they can be sure that all the, er, biological by-product will stick to her and the new leader can be seen as the saviour.
Old May 7th 2019, 12:24 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

As long as Brexit is the only end game, then it will be all but impossible to avoid "biological" splatter. Somebody will have to be to blame. And current leadership is always a good bet.

To be fair, there's always "remainers". Surely they're to blame for Brexit, right?
Old May 7th 2019, 12:54 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Exit means exit?

None of the would-be new leaders want her to go until they can be sure that all the, er, biological by-product will stick to her and the new leader can be seen as the saviour.
May wants this legacy being ''The PM who delivered Brexit'' ... (So they say on TV).
Old May 7th 2019, 1:00 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
As long as Brexit is the only end game, then it will be all but impossible to avoid "biological" splatter. Somebody will have to be to blame. And current leadership is always a good bet.

To be fair, there's always "remainers". Surely they're to blame for Brexit, right?
But, but, Maybot has done her level best to put her own head on a stick, so isn't it obvious the direction the biological matter should be taking? "Ring, ring" "Yes, speaking. No, I didn't vote, I wasn't allowed to, but I woul... Yes, I am a remai... What? No, I won't shut up."
Old May 7th 2019, 2:11 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

More chaos!
Downing Street has just announced that two peers have left the government “for personal reasons”. They are Lady Fairhead, the former chair of the BBC Trust, who was an international trade minister, and Lady Manzoor, a former Lib Dem peer who defected to the Tories, who was a government whip.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...086f179813cc35
Old May 7th 2019, 2:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
And I see Flange is attempting to rebrand the "no deal brexit" of chaos as the "WTO brexit".
Old May 7th 2019, 4:12 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I recently saw Nige on some news programme spouting about how "no deal" is the overwhelmingly preferred choice of the British population.

Well, if that's the case, then why hasn't it happened yet? (or perhaps more curiously, why isn't there any evidence of it?).

I don't think any of us are strangers to surprise nowadays, but I just can't reckon how the Brexit party or Nige could possibly have anywhere near the electoral support the media continues to claim. Not only has so much of their platform been miserably debunked, but they just don't seem to be "mainstream" at all. I guess it's just "bloke at the pub" syndrome; "Seems like an affable bloke, and says stuff that makes me smile". Comedians have that same attraction.
Old May 7th 2019, 4:18 pm

I recently saw Nige on some news programme spouting about how "no deal" is the overwhelmingly preferred choice of the British population.

Well, if that's the case, then why hasn't it happened yet? (or perhaps more curiously, why isn't there any evidence of it?).

I don't think any of us are strangers to surprise nowadays, but I just can't reckon how the Brexit party or Nige could possibly have anywhere near the electoral support the media continues to claim. Not only has so much of their platform been miserably debunked, but they just don't seem to be "mainstream" at all. I guess it's just "bloke at the pub" syndrome; "Seems like an affable bloke, and says stuff that makes me smile". Comedians have that same attraction.

It's bizarre. The media are still rattling on about how the local elections show that we are "angry" and "just want brexit done". There's no evidence that that's what they show at all.

Old May 7th 2019, 4:22 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

More chaos!
Downing Street has just announced that two peers have left the government “for personal reasons”. They are Lady Fairhead, the former chair of the BBC Trust, who was an international trade minister, and Lady Manzoor, a former Lib Dem peer who defected to the Tories, who was a government whip.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...086f179813cc35
... If memory serves........ the first of those named might just have stayed put and caused even more damage. This was the female, who as the head of the BBC Trust ,presided over the cover-up of the Saville fiasco; then the desperate attempt to conceal BBC presenters' pay; and finally 'not knowing' about Ms. Gosling's & the BBC's no NI contributions employment arrangements.
I recall the Chair of the Parliamentary Committee Margaret Hodge inviting her to resign when Fairhead appeared in front of them..... She declined, but was then mysteriously made Baroness Fairhead CBE for services to British broadcasting by the Tories....... Tisk, tisk, talk about biting the hand that feeds one. the ingratitude of it.
So, RE, will you be employing her now she's looking for a little part-time work to tide her over...
Old May 7th 2019, 4:46 pm
Reasonable Bitch

It's bizarre. The media are still rattling on about how the local elections show that we are "angry" and "just want brexit done". There's no evidence that that's what they show at all.
And rather suspiciously, if the public really were "angry" and "just want Brexit done", that would be about as ideal for the brexiteer cause as it could get. And far higher likelihood it would all be over by now (would have been over on 29 March). So, it sounds more like just wishful thinking being repeated over and over.
Old May 7th 2019, 5:42 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Given the probability of a very low turnout for the EP the liklihood is that Farage will do very well further muddying the water.
​​​​​​He and his fellow travellers will claim that they speak for the UK when the reality is very different
It will also scare the Tories, into jumping onto his bandwagon just as Cameron did with the promise of a referendum.
Old May 7th 2019, 6:50 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

And I see Flange is attempting to rebrand the "no deal brexit" of chaos as the "WTO brexit".
P'raps he means the WTH Brexit?
Old May 7th 2019, 7:08 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Given the probability of a very low turnout for the EP the liklihood is that Farage will do very well further muddying the water.
​​​​​​He and his fellow travellers will claim that they speak for the UK when the reality is very different
It will also scare the Tories, into jumping onto his bandwagon just as Cameron did with the promise of a referendum.
That's another mystery.

What is the bloody point of sending another team of swivel-eyed brexiteer loons to EuroParliament? Does anyone actually expect anyone to take them seriously anymore? What are they gonna do? Threaten to hold a referendum on leaving the EU? Threaten to rob the EU of the [nonexistent] cake? Armed with [nonexistent bendy] bananas?

Last edited by amideislas; May 7th 2019 at 7:17 pm.
Old May 7th 2019, 7:20 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

And rather suspiciously, if the public really were "angry" and "just want Brexit done", that would be about as ideal for the brexiteer cause as it could get. And far higher likelihood it would all be over by now (would have been over on 29 March). So, it sounds more like just wishful thinking being repeated over and over.
... It's what happens, imo, when a collective narrow mindset can't process negative events - its membership goes into blank denial. History gives endless examples. The disconnection from actual reality then just escalates. I'm not surprised it includes Brit media ami.
Old May 7th 2019, 7:43 pm

P'raps he means the WTH Brexit?
I was thinking more WTF Brexit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.