Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tories in chaos

Tories in chaos

Old May 25th 2020, 3:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

I'm just off out for a drive to test my eyesight.

Old May 25th 2020, 4:09 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Yes, and it's the Celtic fringe that is upsetting the apple cart in deliberately trying to flex their nationalistic independence muscles - these are the sort of "States Rights" types who would be mooching around with guns in the US.
Well, at least the "Celtic fringe" are accepting their lower order secondary citizen status (they're almost foreigners after all). Until they declare independence anyway. Besides, its reasonable payment for centuries of living off of England's "amazing success".

Scots encouraged to work as fruit pickers amid Brexit fears

​​​

Last edited by amideislas; May 25th 2020 at 4:28 pm.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:16 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Is there a law against it?
Old May 25th 2020, 4:21 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Cummings came across as a thoroughly decent chap who followed the exceptional circumstances, all his movements were entirely logical.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That is not going to make the Welsh happy

Still, you would think that a national government could get its act together and coordinate with its devolved government though. I mean, it's not a very big land mass we're talking about here. The UK seems to be imitating the whole states' right vs national government mess that the US has.
The Welsh, Scottish and NI legislatures don't matter to Westminster, England will do what it wants to, and the rest of us will stay a little safer by not following them.

Yes, it's the fault of the minor regions who are trying to flex their nationalistic muscles.
Yes, and it's the Celtic fringe that is upsetting the apple cart in deliberately trying to flex their nationalistic independence muscles - these are the sort of "States Rights" types who would be mooching around with guns in the US.
'Nationalistic muscles' is utter BS. They're using their legally-devolved powers. Wales, Scotland and NI could easily adopt the same measures as England at any point they choose to, but they don't. That England is the only UK nation loosening restrictions to the extent they have allows the other 3 countries to wait a few weeks to see what the effects of those changes will be.

Context - the law/guidance apparently (I haven't read it) allows for his trip to secure his son, but it doesn't allow for frequent love trysts.
The law also instructs people with symptoms to self-isolate at home. The London Borough of Islington signposts people to available sources of help https://www.islington.gov.uk/social-...d-19/need-help.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Is there a law against it?

Probably. Aren't you supposed to be able to read a number plate from a given distance or something. Not drive when potentially impaired by low blood sugar?

Go for a drive to test your eyes when you think your eyesight has worsened because of illness and you want to see if you can drive safely. Yes, that makes sense.

I've had 6 pints but to see if I can drive safely I'm going to drive for a bit and find out.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:35 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

It seems such an absurd claim to have made that I suspect it's a bit of trolling.

I mean nobody could actually say something like that in all sincerity, surely? I presume he's just using it as an extra bit of taunting. Maybe he'll come back on Twitter later to say he was using sarcasm or something. He seems to want to start a ruck with the press.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

I hope you're taking your wife and 4 year old child in the car with you (presumably so they can offer their opinion as to your fitness to drive?). And part of the eyesight test will naturally involve all 3 of you having to get out of the car and spend some time sitting by a river.

I hope the Tory politicians and supporters who yesterday were calling the members of the public who claimed to have seen Cummings and his family in Barnard Castle and in woods liars will now apologise. But I'm not holding my breath.

What Cummings said this afternoon was bullshit from start to finish and demonstrates his contempt for the British public if he expects them to believe it.

Last edited by Lynn R; May 25th 2020 at 4:41 pm.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:41 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

It was well rehearsed.

Dom, this thing has blown up to a point that we need to do something. Let's sit down and make up some believable story. Oh, you'll need to go in front of the press.

That bad, eh? Shit. I hate the farkin press.

Yeah. Let's rehearse. First, you need to appear humble. Let's rehearse that first..
Old May 25th 2020, 4:48 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R View Post
I hope you're taking your wife and 4 year old child in the car with you (presumably so they can offer their opinion as to your fitness to drive?). And part of the eyesight test will naturally involve all 3 of you having to get out of the car and spend some time sitting by a river....
We laughed out loud when that load of drivel came out.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:52 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Is Stephen Kinnock up next in the #10 garden for a grilling? - after all he just broke lockdown to attend a birthday party for his dad.
Old May 25th 2020, 4:58 pm
Polished expat

Is Stephen Kinnock up next in the #10 garden for a grilling? - after all he just broke lockdown to attend a birthday party for his dad.
Has he joined the Tories as a special advisor now?

Doesn't surprise me in the least
Old May 25th 2020, 5:05 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

He's another example of THEM thinking they have different rules from US and should have been dealt with accordingly.

But he's not a member of the government so I've no idea why No.10 would be involved.
Old May 25th 2020, 5:08 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
He's another example of THEM thinking they have different rules from US and should have been dealt with accordingly.

But he's not a member of the government so I've no idea why No.10 would be involved.
I certainly don't think one can equate an advisor following the rules and moving his child to a sitting MP heading off for a party or another advisor flouting the rules for his own sexual gratification.
Old May 25th 2020, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with #10 though, is it? But it should have ruled him out as a candidate for Starmer's shadow cabinet. That would have been appropriate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.