Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tories in chaos

Tories in chaos

Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:45 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Are you completely devoid of pity for those millions now starving and selling children and body organs for food?
Well you obviously are, as you have made it clear that the evacuation of animals was more important than the evacuation of people.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
It was mentioned in the Guardian article upthread though. I suspect someone advised him not to discuss it on tv for fear of embarrassing the government even more.

I'll be happy to discuss my feelings on Afghanistan and other countries such as Syria and Libya who also have similar problems. in a separate thread for that purpose. You might even be able to get a few more criticisms of Blair in there....

My point is that this situation, that UK forces were involved in, is being used on this thread as a means to criticise the Tory party instead of having any thoughts regarding the immediate crisis of starvation. Yes obviously Blair was involved in the beginning of the strategy against the Taliban.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:51 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

My point is that this situation, that UK forces were involved in, is being used on this thread as a means to criticise the Tory party instead of having any thoughts regarding the immediate crisis of starvation. Yes obviously Blair was involved in the beginning of the strategy against the Taliban.
Well, of course we mustn't criticise the Tory party.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see anywhere in that article where he makes such a claim. I searched on 'seats' as well as reading it and nothing comes up.

However, in that article I linked to earlier he says he went to the airport with people and dogs and was turned back because guards wouldn't allow the people into the airport. Given there was a plane for people and dogs and he returned the following day with dogs and not people, it would seem logical that the space to be occupied by people would still be space, now that there were no people (of his) to occupy them.

The question at this point should be did he or anyone actually tell anyone that there were now spare seats or was he so focused on using American troops to load up the animals.
Up to the last minute, he imagined the plane’s 229 seats would be filled with some of the thousands of people desperately looking for safe passage. But then he found himself sitting alone, on his way back to London....It was only when Farthing landed that he realised the size of the media storm Operation Ark had created. A threatening voicemail he’d sent to a Ministry of Defence official demanding visa assistance had surfaced in the papers. The Tory MP Tom Tugendhat was relaying a story about how an Afghan man had asked him why Britain was prioritising dogs over children. Farthing claims he could not recall making the call to the MoD – “we had Taliban next door, I was calling everyone I could”.
One would think he'd remember a call to advise someone of the spare seats on the plane no longer needed. But perhaps he just assumed someone would be a mind reader?
Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:55 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Yaaawwwwnnnnnn
Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Well you obviously are, as you have made it clear that the evacuation of animals was more important than the evacuation of people.
Please withdraw that remark.
I have not said that the animal issue was in any way important. I am saying that ---it is wrong to use it on this thread merely as a means of criticising the Tories.
"People" ---have you any view of the suffering of the people there now? As I said it is the Afghan people's country---are you saying only those that helped the foreign forces are important?
Old Jan 29th 2022, 5:57 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

I have read that he didn't know why the seats were empty.
Actually he did, claiming that there was sufficient other capacity to evacuate the remainder.

And the minor detail that the charter he used was intended for him & his animals - and not for other purposes.

Last edited by Expatrick; Jan 29th 2022 at 5:59 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

So no separate thread to actually discuss this sensibly. Gotcha.

Those had helped the UK military had promises made. Those that didn't help, some of them were helping the Taliban. But you took the bait about Blair, I see!
As for this thread being used to criticise the Tories, 1, that's what the thread was started for, and 2, if the Tories didn't do anything deserving criticism, this thread would have ended naturally.

As for Afghans starving, there are countries much closer who are able to help out. And there's no change of the current UK government doing anything to help, there's no benefit for their donors, and that same same government's party helped create the problem.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 6:17 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Please withdraw that remark.
I have not said that the animal issue was in any way important. I am saying that ---it is wrong to use it on this thread merely as a means of criticising the Tories.
"People" ---have you any view of the suffering of the people there now? As I said it is the Afghan people's country---are you saying only those that helped the foreign forces are important?
No, I will not withdraw that remark. You have just proved, again, that, in your opinion, the Tories are above criticism You also made it quite clear, previously, that the evacuation of animals in lieu of humans was quite acceptable.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

No, I will not withdraw that remark. You have just proved, again, that, in your opinion, the Tories are above criticism You also made it quite clear, previously, that the evacuation of animals in lieu of humans was quite acceptable.
Are the Tories the new India??
Old Jan 29th 2022, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have not done that ---I have just criticised the use on this thread of a man bringing to the UK rescued dogs to get any negative you can find, to criticise the Tories.
Although apparently no interest in the millions now starving.

(How many times to say that I am a member of a different political party--I described Johnson as embarrassing etc. There is plenty else to criticise for.)

Last edited by Bipat; Jan 29th 2022 at 8:24 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
So no separate thread to actually discuss this sensibly. Gotcha.

Those had helped the UK military had promises made.1) Those that didn't help, some of them were helping the Taliban. But you took the bait about Blair, I see!
2) As for this thread being used to criticise the Tories, 1, that's what the thread was started for, and 2, if the Tories didn't do anything deserving criticism, this thread would have ended naturally.

3) As for Afghans starving, there are countries much closer who are able to help out. And there's no change of the current UK government doing anything to help, there's no benefit for their donors, and that same same government's party helped create the problem.

1) Most of the people were just getting on with their lives. Yes some must have helped the Taliban, but most were oppressed by them.
2) I referred to just this tragic situation.
3) Ah---so that's it. No longer UK problem --Actually other countries nearer are helping.

Liz Truss has organised help but has been criticised for holding back some already owed.

Gordon Brown calls on Liz Truss to help raise funds for Afghanistan | Afghanistan | The Guardian
Old Jan 29th 2022, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Liz Truss has organised help but has been criticised for holding back some already owed.

Gordon Brown calls on Liz Truss to help raise funds for Afghanistan | Afghanistan | The Guardian
Ah, so yet again, the UK owes another country money but is delaying payment....
Old Jan 29th 2022, 9:48 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

I have not done that ---I have just criticised the use on this thread of a man bringing to the UK rescued dogs to get any negative you can find, to criticise the Tories.
Although apparently no interest in the millions now starving.

(How many times to say that I am a member of a different political party--I described Johnson as embarrassing etc. There is plenty else to criticise for.)
God forbid we should find any negative about the Tories.

Old Jan 29th 2022, 11:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I have not done that ---I have just criticised the use on this thread of a man bringing to the UK rescued dogs to get any negative you can find, to criticise the Tories.)
Your comprehension appears to be lacking. It was ME who brought up the subject on this thread with a very clear reference to Boris Johnson having lied.
Here, let me help you.
The Prime Minister says he "had nothing to do with evacuating animals from the Nowzad charity ahead of people" in Afghanistan. "Total Rhubarb."

Emails seek confirmation from the PM before going ahead with evacuating the charity's animals.
Email received - “The PM has just authorised their staff and animals to be evacuated.”
Perhaps that's clear enough for you. Three sentences, the PM in each sentence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.