Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Old Mar 14th 2019, 12:03 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Nothing. We should ship the other 400 back out to live with her in her hole in the desert.
I love you . They made their choice, let them live with the consequences. I'm all for living a peaceful life but I recognise that there are those in society who would rather we would all live as their religion dictates. I'm against such people, I regard them as divisive and dangerous . I don't believe that deprogramming will work in the majority of cases. I'm more than happy that these people are taken out. We have an over-populated world as it is. As a midwife I celebrate new life on the whole but as a realist I have no time for those who would willingly take the life of others for a tenuous belief system.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 12:22 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I don't care - millions might support the death penalty due to ignorance, but that doesn't sway the moral compass. The actions taken (which are actually to fob off any action to someone else) will do nothing to prevent future radicalization and grooming of home-grown activists - quite the reverse. My concern is that whilst focus is on this one individual and Javid has appeased the blood-lust, the authorities will quietly do bugger all monitoring of those who have returned, because that's the hard bit.
Activists?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 1:03 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Nothing. We should ship the other 400 back out to live with her in her hole in the desert.
How, live in the real world.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 1:06 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
No, quite obviously I'm not.

If you're going to edit your post then at least do it before I've replied.

You're using your usual straw man to lead you and others to the conclusion that I'm a raging racist, which is utter bollocks
I have said nothing, I leave others to reach their own views from the content of your posts.
They are your opinions, your words , you obviously believe in them...
I you do not equate belief with action why do you regard Begum as no different from Isis terrorists....

Last edited by EMR; Mar 14th 2019 at 1:09 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
I have said nothing, I leave others to reach their own views from the content of your posts.
They are your opinions, your words , you obviously believe in them...
I you do not equate belief with action why do you regard Begum as no different from Isis terrorists....
Shamima left the UK to join ISIS in 2015.

It's illegal to join a terrorist organization within the UK or abroad.

The UK listed ISIS as a terrorist organization in 2014. ISIS was already committing mass killings when she left, she knew what she went for no one forced her.

Old Mar 14th 2019, 1:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

How, live in the real world.
I would be perfectly content to do literally nothing for her. I would hope genuine refugees will be helped from the camps but her situation is self inflicted and she is welcome to stay exactly where she is...pretty much forever really,

It's a shame anyone has expended any effort at all on her behalf when that effort, however small, could have gone to someone who actually deserves it.

Old Mar 14th 2019, 1:58 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Shamima left the UK to join ISIS in 2015.

It's illegal to join a terrorist organization within the UK or abroad.

The UK listed ISIS as a terrorist organization in 2014. ISIS was already committing mass killings when she left, she knew what she went for no one forced her.
Then she should be returned to the UK to stand trial for breaking UK law.
We are not some tinpot nation that denies people their rights..
We have tried and are in prison in the UK some who have joined far right groups proscribed by UK law..
We did not take away their citizenship because they were in the UK..
Old Mar 14th 2019, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Then she should be returned to the UK to stand trial for breaking UK law.
We are not some tinpot nation that denies people their rights..
We have tried and are in prison in the UK some who have joined far right groups proscribed by UK law..
We did not take away their citizenship because they were in the UK..
is it within the home secretary's powers to take citizenship away, or not?

Old Mar 14th 2019, 2:24 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we'll find out if, and when, his decisions are subject to legal challenge.
AIUI and for those who want to "take back control" and shout about democracy, his powers come from the inheritance of "crown privilege", so he can decide without parliamentary oversight. But he is still subject to legal challenge - if the plaintiffs can afford the costs. With a cynical eye, Javid also knows that any such process will take a long time, so the chances are that even if he is challenged and loses, the problem will have been "solved", just as the problem of Begum's child is solved. In any case, he has kicked any decision into the long grass.....
Old Mar 14th 2019, 2:26 pm
EMR
Banned

We wait to see what the courts determine.
He will have to justify that she represents a genuine risk to the UK.
But it is yesterday's news.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I am still intrigued as to how you de programme somebody. I take it that her belief system is honestly held, that everybody else who has a similar belief system and there are lots of them also, so how does it work?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:12 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
I am still intrigued as to how you de programme somebody. I take it that her belief system is honestly held, that everybody else who has a similar belief system and there are lots of them also, so how does it work?
Start by removing her from the culture, society that reinforces those beliefs.
One of the factors that has been identified in radicalisation in the UK is putting those with a certain belief into prisons which house convicted radicals.
They have become a proven source if increased radicalisation.
The background of some involved in UK terror is petty criminals serving sentences alongside radicals.
Remove Begun from a radical society would be the first place to start.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Start by removing her from the culture, society that reinforces those beliefs.
So some sort of desert island, precludes the UK.

One of the factors that has been identified in radicalisation in the UK is putting those with a certain belief into prisons which house convicted radicals.
We agree

Remove Begun from a radical society would be the first place to start.
But where? Solitary confinement?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:47 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
So some sort of desert island, precludes the UK.

We agree

But where? Solitary confinement?
Solitary confinement would be the last thing to do..

Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Solitary confinement would be the last thing to do..
That leaves a desert island, well North or South Pole may work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.