British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

Former Lancastrian Feb 22nd 2019 1:36 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12641706)
I wonder how much the membership subscription is. :lol: Do you get a badge like my Desperate Dan Cow Pie Eater's Club one?

Even if your subscription lapses? :rofl:

Sorry...thought it was time for some flippancy.

Well yes its nice to have some humour injected and get back to some sanity. Ever signed up for a free 30 day trial of something and not read the small print of needing to cancel otherwise you will be charged X amount a month? Do you then say but I only signed up for the 30 days and they come back and say but you didn't read the small print did you?

chawkins99 Feb 22nd 2019 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12641692)
We also know her sister wasn't radicalized while under the same care. I don't think you can implicate the family so automatically.

How do you know that? Have you met her?

Maybe she was also planning to join her sister there but the sister stole her passport? Maybe... We don't know.

Shard Feb 22nd 2019 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12641712)
Oh I don't know - you can eat a few extra pies and no one notices.

So that's what it's all about.

Actually, I was quite bemused to see how the 'letterbox' (to quote Boris) works. First Shammima is full face, which I figured was better than 'letterbox' style, then when she was leaving the interview, she just flips down the 'letterbox'. I never knew that! Somehow I thought it required a whole separate outfit.

BristolUK Feb 22nd 2019 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12641715)
Well yes its nice to have some humour injected and get back to some sanity. Ever signed up for a free 30 day trial of something and not read the small print of needing to cancel otherwise you will be charged X amount a month?...

No, but I do remember reading something about signing over one's first born when agreeing to installing some computer security. :nod:

Former Lancastrian Feb 22nd 2019 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12641719)

Actually, I was quite bemused to see how the 'letterbox' (to quote Boris) works. First Shammima is full face, which I figured was better than 'letterbox' style, then when she was leaving the interview, she just flips down the 'letterbox'. I never knew that! Somehow I thought it required a whole separate outfit.

Or a bit of Velcro.

EMR Feb 22nd 2019 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99 (Post 12641717)
How do you know that? Have you met her?

Maybe she was also planning to join her sister there but the sister stole her passport? Maybe... We don't know.

Thats the point we do not know anything.

spouse of scouse Feb 22nd 2019 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12641719)

It does look like quite a complicated bit of kit!

Scouse and I were at a hotel complex out of Kuala Lumpur a few years ago, we chose it because it was close to the ground where the Prime Ministers XI v LFC were playing. The resort had lakes for boating etc, and was very popular with Muslim honeymooners from the Middle East. I got talking with one woman who was in the full gear, she told me it was wonderful there because she and her husband could hold hands in public, and she could take her shoes off and paddle in the water. The woman in the room across from us would have a sneaky ciggie on her balcony, I'm not quite sure how she got the ciggie in there for puffs but it was funny to see the smoke billowing out - I don't know how she didn't choke!

Shard Feb 22nd 2019 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12641730)

Correct.

Putting kids into care on the basis of wild assumptions about environment is not the way to go.

Former Lancastrian Feb 22nd 2019 2:16 pm

Now if I used that line for BREXIT I would be crucified. There are certain things we do know. There are certain things that might be assumed but not yet proven. There are certain things we dont know. Oh and sometimes the experts get it wrong for future forecasts on a variety of things.

Shard Feb 22nd 2019 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12641749)
Now if I used that line for BREXIT I would be crucified. There are certain things we do know. There are certain things that might be assumed but not yet proven. There are certain things we dont know. Oh and sometimes the experts get it wrong for future forecasts on a variety of things.

Wrong thread. This is about the ISIS lass.

Former Lancastrian Feb 22nd 2019 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12641752)
Wrong thread. This is about the ISIS lass.

I know but doesn't it have similarities with the several other threads that might begin with a B?

Thats the point we dont know anything. Well some things we do, some we assume and some we dont know.

EMR Feb 22nd 2019 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12641749)

We don't now that herparents were with her 24 hrs day, listened to every conversation, monitored all her activities, every site she looked at etc.
All we do know is that she left the UK to join Isis.
Unlesz she returns to the UK is interviewed and de radicalised that is all we will ever know.

chawkins99 Feb 22nd 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12641737)
Correct.

Putting kids into care on the basis of wild assumptions about environment is not the way to go.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12641763)
I know but doesn't it have similarities with the several other threads that might begin with a B?

Thats the point we dont know anything. Well some things we do, some we assume and some we dont know.

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12641783)
We don't now that herparents were with her 24 hrs day, listened to every conversation, monitored all her activities, every site she looked at etc.
Unlesz she returns to the UK is interviewed and de radicalised that is all we will ever know.

But we DO KNOW that she was radicalized before she left the UK, while in the CARE of her family.

Boiler Feb 22nd 2019 3:06 pm

I thought her Father is an Activist?

Former Lancastrian Feb 22nd 2019 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12641783)

Why then do you continue to insert things you/ I or we dont know example her parents. Yes most of us are guilty of inserting our opinions/thoughts on a variety of subjects and we are entitled to them. We also dont know if she was a member of ISIS as they haven't handed over their membership list. You yourself participate on several of the Brexit threads which is your right but you also call out posters you disagree with yet there are a lot of things that are unknown. You have pointed out some very valid points however even you dont know what will be the end result pretty much like the circumstances in this case. My opinion be it this case or Brexit is we dont know what will happen and we cross them bridges when they appear.