British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

stevenglish1 Feb 21st 2019 9:10 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12640801)
Simple.

Tell her she can stay, but she has to live in Portsmouth.

Watch her ****ing sprint to Bangladesh.

haha, or Dudley

macliam Feb 21st 2019 9:11 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640775)
But I would also want her detained until she is no longer regarded as a threat to UK society and a believer in Isis., this shoildctake much longer than any statutory sentence.
We did it in NI both sides of the troubles were detained without trial for years.

That would apply to all returning Isis members..

Hmmm, how about trying a successful approach, rather than recreating Long Kesh University? :huh:

stevenglish1 Feb 21st 2019 9:11 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640809)
​​​​​​
How about Luton. I would probably join her on the same flight

Yeah, good luck with that

EMR Feb 21st 2019 9:18 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12640815)
Hmmm, how about trying a successful approach, rather than recreating Long Kesh University? :huh:

There was no attempt to de program plus remember we are discussing those who have broken UK law not just suspected as was the case in NI...

The message must be you can return to the UK. You will face trial. You will lose your passport. You will have your movements and actions monitored for an indefinite period with further charges if you break the terms of your re admittance to the UK.

Shard Feb 21st 2019 9:30 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640821)
There was no attempt to de program plus remember we are discussing those who have broken UK law not just suspected as was the case in NI...

The message must be you can return to the UK. You will face trial. You will lose your passport. You will have your movements and actions monitored for an indefinite period with further charges if you break the terms of your re admittance to the UK.

I'd prefer the message to be, if you reject UK values, don't be surprised if the UK rejects and ejects you.

stevenglish1 Feb 21st 2019 9:40 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640821)
There was no attempt to de program plus remember we are discussing those who have broken UK law not just suspected as was the case in NI...

The message must be you can return to the UK. You will face trial. You will lose your passport. You will have your movements and actions monitored for an indefinite period with further charges if you break the terms of your re admittance to the UK.

All of which you can pay for. What's the point of deprogramming them if you're still going to watch them like a hawk? The message needs to be you run off and join Isis, kiss goodbye to GB and all its privileges

macliam Feb 21st 2019 9:41 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640821)
There was no attempt to de program plus remember we are discussing those who have broken UK law not just suspected as was the case in NI...

The message must be you can return to the UK. You will face trial. You will lose your passport. You will have your movements and actions monitored for an indefinite period with further charges if you break the terms of your re admittance to the UK.

I think all of those should be "may" rather than "will", there may be nothing to take to trial and other actions are dependent on the outcome of investigation. I would certainly agree that an indefinite period of de-radicalization should be mandated - and acceptance of any restrictions on liberty.

However, the issue is that they will merely add to the long list of those in the UK who are "of interest" to the security services.......

macliam Feb 21st 2019 9:50 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12640827)
I'd prefer the message to be, if you reject UK values, don't be surprised if the UK rejects and ejects you.


Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12640832)
...The message needs to be you run off and join Isis, kiss goodbye to GB and all its privileges

Ummm, I think international law, if not morality, will limit your ability to enforce that....... if it didn't, I'm sure the caring, sharing, UK Government would already have done that.
(PS - is there a suggestion here that they be settled in NI? (GB vs UK.....)

Keep an eye on Trump and see whether he can back up his dictum on Hoda Muthana, any more than would-be hard man Javid can on Shamima Begum.

Lion in Winter Feb 21st 2019 10:36 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12640801)
Simple.

Tell her she can stay, but she has to live in Portsmouth.

Watch her ****ing sprint to Bangladesh.

Hey, the Little Lion is currently at Portsmouth Uni. He rather likes it there, although it's true that this is in large part due to an excellent vendor of jerk chicken with a stall around the corner from his housing.

Scamp Feb 21st 2019 10:44 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12640864)
Hey, the Little Lion is currently at Portsmouth Uni. He rather likes it there, although it's true that this is in large part due to an excellent vendor of jerk chicken with a stall around the corner from his housing.

It's an awful place, let's be honest...but as a student I can certainly see that it would be great because it's a very good night out and a lot of fun., but that's because your drinking their cheap drinks, rejecting their foul women (or men) and puking on their uneven pavements. Southsea is lovely in fairness (when the scrotes don't invade on sunny days), but Portsmouth itself? Nuke it. Dump.

Former Lancastrian Feb 21st 2019 10:51 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
Here are my thoughts

The baby is completely innocent regardless so I have no problem with the baby returning to the UK.
She is now 19 so no longer considered a child and hasn't been since turning 18.
She has been stripped of her citizenship so at the moment has no right of entry to the UK.
Both the Bangladeshi and Dutch have said they don't want her. The Bangladeshis have not said she is not a citizen they just dont want her. The Dutch say she doesn't have a permit to reside there. Again nothing about citizenship.
She appears not to be stateless after having her UK citizenship stripped which I am sure will be appealed.
UK citizens lose their babies on a daily basis due to courts finding them unfit as parents so babies/children are separated or one of the parents is jailed by the courts for a number of offences in everyday life so the argument of if she was to return and be jailed would be no different.
I am sure the Minister and his office did their homework before stripping her citizenship.
What happens next who knows but I am sure the legal system will decide her fate over the next few months/years.

Lion in Winter Feb 21st 2019 10:52 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12640871)
It's an awful place, let's be honest...but as a student I can certainly see that it would be great because it's a very good night out and a lot of fun., but that's because your drinking their cheap drinks, rejecting their foul women (or men) and puking on their uneven pavements. Southsea is lovely in fairness (when the scrotes don't invade on sunny days), but Portsmouth itself? Nuke it. Dump.

:lol: The Little Lion doesn't actually do any of those things. He's not much of a boozer at all and has instead acquired a girlfriend with whom he spends most of his free time (possibly while eating jerk chicken) and they do a lot of walking around, get boats over and around the harbour, etc. It's true the city definitely has seen some rough days, but it is starting to boom now. It is in Hampshire, after all, the county of expensive real estate and buildings are now flying up in the city. All those row houses are going to flip, and will doubtless double in price before you know it. Of course there won't be anywhere left to live for the people who are there now, which is always the way.

Anyway, back to topic...

Cape Blue Feb 21st 2019 11:10 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 12640145)
I like her being just where she is.

All that's needed now is for everyone to completely forget about her and leave her to scrape out whatever kind of shitty existence she can in what I hope is a miserable, bleak, unrelentingly crap life.

For most posters on BE that would be a post-Brexit UK :lol:

EMR Feb 21st 2019 11:20 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12640838)
Ummm, I think international law, if not morality, will limit your ability to enforce that....... if it didn't, I'm sure the caring, sharing, UK Government would already have done that.
(PS - is there a suggestion here that they be settled in NI? (GB vs UK.....)

Keep an eye on Trump and see whether he can back up his dictum on Hoda Muthana, any more than would-be hard man Javid can on Shamima Begum.

Of course only the cynic could suggest that Javids hard line ( contradicting existing home office guide lines ) has anything to do with distracting attention away from the government's Brexit cock up , his leadership ambitions and resignations of Tory mps .
But only a cynic would think that

macliam Feb 21st 2019 11:28 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640898)
Of course only the cynic could suggest that Javids hard line ( contradicting existing home office guide lines ) has anything to do with distracting attention away from the government's Brexit cock up , his leadership ambitions and resignations of Tory mps .
But only a cynic would think that

I thank U.......


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:37 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.