British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

Lion in Winter Feb 20th 2019 6:29 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by mmmmbuti (Post 12640431)
Bangladesh government has just said she is not a Bangladeshi citizen and will not be allowed in there. Her only citizenship is British since she was born here. So she is stateless and stranded in Syria thanks to the Tories. Well done!!

From what I have read, under international law no person may be made stateless. It looks like the last remaining citizenship still attached to a person has to remain. Not sure if that is Bangladesh or UK at this point.

Shard Feb 20th 2019 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99 (Post 12640447)
According to the BBC story,

So, she is a Bangladeshi citizen until she turns 21.

So, she simply needs to run down the clock then. Perhaps a candidate for out next PM.

EMR Feb 20th 2019 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99 (Post 12640447)
According to the BBC story,

So, she is a Bangladeshi citizen until she turns 21.

Only according to lawyers, not the Bangladesh government.
There will be just as many lawyers arguing the opposite..
The UK courts will probably determine her status, not news channels and tabloid newspapers..

Octang Frye Feb 20th 2019 7:06 pm

She got dead eyes. Entitled terrorist. Fu ck her.

BEVS Feb 20th 2019 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by mmmmbuti (Post 12640431)
Bangladesh government has just said she is not a Bangladeshi citizen and will not be allowed in there. Her only citizenship is British since she was born here. So she is stateless and stranded in Syria thanks to the Tories. Well done!!

No. She is in the position she is in thanks to her own actions & beliefs . No-one & nothing else. Herself .

Originally Posted by EMR
Rotting, no, recruiting more bombers probably.
Is that a risk you want the UK to take

No. Keep her away from the UK.

EMR Feb 20th 2019 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12640500)
No. She is in the position she is in thanks to her own actions & beliefs . No-one & nothing else. Herself .

No. Keep her away from the UK.

That's right, leave her to recruit more deluded souls into Isis and turn them into killers.

" keep your friends close and your enemies closer . "

BEVS Feb 20th 2019 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640504)
That's right, leave her to recruit more deluded souls into Isis and turn them into killers.

EMR. As far as I am aware from my dusty corner of the world ,she is currently languishing in a Syrian refugee camp far from UK soil.

She and anyone else of her ilk can equally recruit whilst on UK soil and many seem to have done so. One could argue she would have more freedoms and ability to do so from within the UK be that as a 'sleeper' within her UK community or from gaol. Prisons are hotbeds of discontent not rehabilitation.

..edit..
Had she made contact with her family far earlier with a sincere wish to return to the UK I may have thought differently.

chawkins99 Feb 20th 2019 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640504)

She will be doing that wherever she ends up. Better in a land far, far away than on UK soil with free board and lodging. I'd rather she be in Holland with her not-so-loving husband than in the UK.

EMR Feb 20th 2019 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12640509)
EMR. As far as I am aware from my dusty corner of the world ,she is currently languishing in a Syrian refugee camp far from UK soil.

She and anyone else of her ilk can equally recruit whilst on UK soil and many seem to have done so. One could argue she would have more freedoms and ability to do so from within the UK be that as a 'sleeper' within her UK community or from gaol. Prisons are hotbeds of discontent not rehabilitation.

Not if she is held in a secure location with no phone, lap top Etc and subjected to a de programming process , ..
No one is suggesting that she be returned to the UK as if nothing had happened..
She is indeed in a Syrian camp with access to social media , the world's media, pro and anti extremist Islam..
She is not living in a bubble..

Octang Frye Feb 20th 2019 8:15 pm

Why should the taxpayers spend any money on this woman? I swear, certain liberals don't live in the real world - it's literally a mental illness/state of delusion.

She still doesn't see that she's done anything wrong. Back in WWII, she would've been shot for being a traitor.

EMR Feb 20th 2019 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Octang Frye (Post 12640527)
Why should the taxpayers spend any money on this woman? I swear, certain liberals don't live in the real world - it's literally a mental illness/state of delusion.

She still doesn't see that she's done anything wrong. Back in WWII, she would've been shot for being a traitor.

So in your world better to leave her to Isis, to recruiit more like her using social media etc.
As you say she still appears to believe in them..
More Manchester bomber, more londonn Bridge killers..
At least we will be saving the taxpayer a few quid,.
You have to be at war officially to brand anyone a traitor, plus give them a far trial...

stevenglish1 Feb 20th 2019 8:34 pm

Don't need her sort, no remource, no inkling that she's even done anything wrong. Why should British tax payers keep her and her sprog? She doesn't exactly want to return home to contribute to society does she? 100% the right decision, question is what;s been going on in Tory land while everyone's been destracted with this?

Boiler Feb 20th 2019 8:36 pm

Egypt tried to rehabilitate returning jihadis from Afghanistan and Chechnya – and it paid a terrible price for believing their views could be changed

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8788171.html

Surprisingly found this in the Indy but puts a cap on the nonsense of de radicalising.

EMR Feb 20th 2019 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12640540)
Egypt tried to rehabilitate returning jihadis from Afghanistan and Chechnya – and it paid a terrible price for believing their views could be changed

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8788171.html

Surprisingly found this in the Indy but puts a cap on the nonsense of de radicalising.

Egypt is not the UK.
The UK already has reformed extremists visiting schools , addressing children on the vekis of religious extremism..

It seem that I am the only one on here who wants to reduce the risk to the UK from more like her leaving and causing more attacks..

Isis loves Martyrs,,symbols , we are turning her into one,..

EMR Feb 20th 2019 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12640537)
Don't need her sort, no remource, no inkling that she's even done anything wrong. Why should British tax payers keep her and her sprog? She doesn't exactly want to return home to contribute to society does she? 100% the right decision, question is what;s been going on in Tory land while everyone's been destracted with this?

You are not alone in thinking the tax payer money is a higher priority than saving lives by removing her from being of any value as a recruiter for Isis..