Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Scottish Independence R.I.P. 2021

Scottish Independence R.I.P. 2021

Old Mar 20th 2021, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Independence R.I.P. 2021

Do not worry chaps. Sturgeon and Murrell are doing what MI5 tells them. What can go wrong ?
Old Mar 21st 2021, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

tdrinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Sturgeon wants to lead the SNP and achieve Scottish Independence. If the negative publicity surrounding her handling of the Salmond case means her leadership is damaging the SNP and its independence objective, which takes priority?
Old Mar 21st 2021, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

tdrinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Any politician who misleads (lies to) parliament is supposed to resign.

Misleading (lying to) the electorate however ....
Old Mar 21st 2021, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

malcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond reputemalcom1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tdrinker View Post
Sturgeon wants to lead the SNP
Yes
Originally Posted by tdrinker View Post
and achieve Scottish Independence.
Not sure about that. I've always thought that the SNP end game was to be on the verge of winning but lose by a very small margin. See what happened to UKIP and Brexit Party. They have disappeared after leaving the EU.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 11:07 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
The concept of scottish independence is aspirational and about as applicable to the average citizen as english independence.
Commission a poll in yorkshire asking whether they'd like to be independent of england and you'd probably get a substantial 'yes' but that doesn't mean they'd support a movement for independence.

When issues like this bubble to the surface it's always useful to identify the chief advocates and ask yourself what they personally expect to gain from leaning on a closed door that they know will stay closed.
I stopped reading further in the thread because this should be the end of discussion.

My Scottish Father, who jokingly 'hates' the English (particularly my Mother ) said if he were to vote it would be an almost immediate YES with fire, fury, desire and dreams......then would probably tick NO because he'd stop and think about it properly.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond reputetumbleweedly has a reputation beyond repute

As time passes is there really going to be a high incentive?

Is joining the EU going to give Scottish people something much better than they have now? I think wait and see how the eu weathers the C-19. There may be an economic slump. Major uncertainty on the horizon, well, now, already.

A lot of wind seems to have gone out of the independent Scotland idea. jmo.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 3:00 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly View Post
As time passes is there really going to be a high incentive?

Is joining the EU going to give Scottish people something much better than they have now? I think wait and see how the eu weathers the C-19. There may be an economic slump. Major uncertainty on the horizon, well, now, already.

A lot of wind seems to have gone out of the independent Scotland idea. jmo.
It does seem that way. Especially with oil/gas now being increasingly discouraged.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Not over yeat, but SNP has been in power for a long time. Salmnond today annoiunce his new party. See the post I made today.

Salmond Makes a Comeback - British Expats

The nutters from Eton in charge Down South think they can make us all Unionists by forcing everyone to fly The Union lag.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 26th 2021 at 4:54 pm.