Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Old Aug 3rd 2019, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Well the people taken to court having their livelihoods destroyed may disagree with you.

And of course this is just the current example.
I meant who cares about what he wants to be, I know he's caused some serious damage. Perhaps he should be locked away somewhere.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica View Post
I meant who cares about what he wants to be, I know he's caused some serious damage. Perhaps he should be locked away somewhere.
Seems a lot of people do care, now why is another issue. And I can not answer that.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 3:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a lot of people do care, now why is another issue. And I can not answer that.
Questions we ask ourselves are difficult to answer, because if we knew the answer we wouldn't have to ask ourselves the question.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:38 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

No one seems to care as much as yourself. Congratulations to you for your commitment if you are watching none short videos on it.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
No one seems to care as much as yourself. Congratulations to you for your commitment if you are watching none short videos on it.
31,678 views of just this one video so far and just one of the many.

Plus as has been mentioned a big issue in Canada, and hit the UK see title.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:52 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

31,678 views of just this one video so far and just one of the many.

Plus as has been mentioned a big issue in Canada, and hit the UK see title.
I was one of those 31k but my attention only lasted 30 seconds before I wanted to see cat videos, but you stuck it out till the end, when you consider the opportunity cost in terms of lost cat videos, you sir, have commitment to the cause.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 5:08 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I was one of those 31k but my attention only lasted 30 seconds before I wanted to see cat videos...
31k doesn't seem many anyway, but does it include those who click just to find out what lunatic fringe is responsible?

Old Aug 3rd 2019, 10:11 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
31k doesn't seem many anyway, but does it include those who click just to find out what lunatic fringe is responsible?
Exactly! I clicked, watched 30 seconds, then decided I couldn't be arsed to watch a 44min video.

That counts as 1 view. How many of the 31 thousand views watched it to the end?
Old Aug 4th 2019, 2:35 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Exactly! I clicked, watched 30 seconds, then decided I couldn't be arsed to watch a 44min video.

That counts as 1 view. How many of the 31 thousand views watched it to the end?
I didn't even mean that much though. I meant simply clicking on the link to the video. Sometimes I will do that to see who has uploaded the video, what else they may have uploaded and also to discover something about the person who made or presented the video.

You know, someone posts a youtube link, you click on it and then without even starting to watch, a quick google shows a hitherto unknown Tommy Robinson or Lauren Southern and a couple more minutes searching shows sanctions taken against them for hate crimes and/or promoting hate crimes. That tells you not to watch their poison.

But clicking to get to the video page counts as a page view. On a video site is it assumed a page view equals a video viewing?
Old Aug 4th 2019, 4:18 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
But clicking to get to the video page counts as a page view. On a video site is it assumed a page view equals a video viewing?
https://www.bluefountainmedia.com/bl...be-count-views

Views Exceeding 301
The rules change again once your video surpasses 301 views. There is a new algorithm to detect and eliminate fraudulent views. The old refreshing the page method will no longer work. The new algorithm automatically detects and eliminates views from malware and spambots. YouTube's exact security measures are classified. If YouTube's security was public, there would likely be bots and viruses developed to hack into it. It is unclear how YouTube actually audits the view count of videos with over 301 views. If your view count was being tracked from day to day you would potentially notice a fluctuation or freezing of your view count, this could indicate that your views are being validated. If you acquired views fairly, then you have nothing to worry about. However if you used a spambot, malware virus, or bought views from a third party, your views will be deleted and so could your video.
Some signs of a fraudulent view are:

• The video is reloaded repeatedly
  • The views appear to come from malware viruses
  • The views come from users known to use spambots on their account
  • The video is set to auto-play embedded on a website
It appears that when people like Paulry post videos that automatically play when clicked on, these don't count as views. Only deliberate decisions to play the content count.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 5:36 pm
A girly swot

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
It appears that when people like Paulry post videos that automatically play when clicked on, these don't count as views. Only deliberate decisions to play the content count.
Phew, thanks. So I'm not contributing to 'views' when establishing whether something's poisonous then. Good to know.

Old Aug 8th 2019, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Yaniv was arrested on Monday after RCMP received a complaint about a prohibited weapon. (Taser) No charges have been laid.

https://nationalpost.com/news/jessic...ishing-a-taser
Old Aug 8th 2019, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Questions we ask ourselves are difficult to answer, because if we knew the answer we wouldn't have to ask ourselves the question.
But what about the times where the answer is known but the question is not? ....Or a solution without the problem being properly defined that it is supposed to solve ?
Old Aug 8th 2019, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Surely to consider that all 'trans' people, 'people of colour' are automatically wonderful and must never be criticised is also wrong.

Also, at least with those people who are open in their views-----you know 'where you are'. Instead of those with--- what I call 'Anglican vicar syndrome'---who think they should be specially and 'artificially nice' to those who are 'different'!
Old Aug 8th 2019, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting. I think you'll find that quite a lot of people who adopt the "Anglican vicar" persona to mask their true views do so because to be open and honest risks persecution. This explains also why pollsters so often get things wrong and the error is nearly always do do with the numbers of left-leaners being over estimated. It also speaks volumes about how free left leaners feel they are to air their views without fear of persecution from the right versus the other way around ...and what does that tell us about who are the true believers of liberty and free speech?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.