Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
As I don't reside in British Columbia, nor am I visiting, not something I worry about.
Also an offence in the UK.

And if the Equality Act passes possibly in the US as well.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:21 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Also an offence in the UK.
Which UK law does that fall under?

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jul 27th 2019 at 9:58 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Which UK law does that fall under?
Equality Act 2010

I remember a court case being covered by the BBC a few months ago.

Old Jul 27th 2019, 10:02 pm
Jigsaw

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Equality Act 2010

I remember a court case being covered by the BBC a few months ago.
The case was dropped.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...-a4098106.html

I haven't found any successful prosecution for misgendering in the UK.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The one I was thinking of went to court, might have involved a TERF.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-to-transition

This is from today and is related:

School counsellors and mental health service providers are bowing to pressures from ‘highly politicised’ transgender groups to affirm children’s beliefs that they were born the wrong sex, a leading expert has warned.

Marcus Evans, a psychotherapist and ex-governor of the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, whose Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS) is the only NHS clinic to provide gender counselling and transitioning, said many experts were living in fear of being labelled transphobic, which was having an impact on their objectivity.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 10:35 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

btw has anyone seen the Indian version of the Office? It launched the end of last month. I have only seen 2 of the 13 episodes. The first was very funny, the second, not so much.
Sadly no subtitles on this trailer

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 27th 2019 at 10:37 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 12:06 am
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
What a crap article
"Gervais, the creator of the UK version of The Office"
There's a British version? Who knew?

I suppose next we'll hear Til death us do part was a copy of all in the family

Old Aug 2nd 2019, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A very good discussion on the current situation of the case and the issues involved:

Old Aug 2nd 2019, 10:43 pm
Jigsaw

A very good discussion on the current situation of the case and the issues involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VrmECWK2iQ
I started to watch until I saw it was 44mins and 43secs. I'm not going to watch something that long.

Have you got a written version?
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I started to watch until I saw it was 44mins and 43secs. I'm not going to watch something that long.

Have you got a written version?
Sorry, from memory the last section goes into the more general situation. And the introduction you will know about but even so worth watching as it brings it all together.

The lawyer explained how the situation arose and with developments the inevitable consequences of competing rights. Apparently the Courts in Canada deny their is a hierarchy or rights and he explained that there is and has to be.

Now this person is particularly unpleasant, and I thought maybe this was a set up to show the illogicality of the laws. However nothing to suggest that s/he is not just taking advantage, sort of like ADA and ESA's.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 11:20 pm
Jigsaw

Sorry, from memory the last section goes into the more general situation. And the introduction you will know about but even so worth watching as it brings it all together.

The lawyer explained how the situation arose and with developments the inevitable consequences of competing rights. Apparently the Courts in Canada deny their is a hierarchy or rights and he explained that there is and has to be.

Now this person is particularly unpleasant, and I thought maybe this was a set up to show the illogicality of the laws. However nothing to suggest that s/he is not just taking advantage, sort of like ADA and ESA's.
I'll wait for the written version.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 12:15 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 3rd 2019, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VrmECWK2iQ
Can't afford to waste that much time on a stupid man/or whatever it thinks/claims/wishes/pretends it is. The bottom line is who really cares-apart from his mother.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well the people taken to court having their livelihoods destroyed may disagree with you.

And of course this is just the current example.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.