Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Nov 14th 2019, 2:30 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The Federal Reserve is not going to be at all happy to learn that the UK Labour Party caused the whole thing
I just find it very sad that people just repeat the same lie over and over and hope that one day we will all believe it ... Either that or they are just plain stupid !
Old Nov 14th 2019, 2:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
I just find it very sad that people just repeat the same lie over and over and hope that one day we will all believe it ... Either that or they are just plain stupid !

Well it's the core of Boris' strategy...
Old Nov 14th 2019, 3:01 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Do you actually believe yourself ?
Of course he doesn't. He just spouts bollocks.

He hasn't realised that we aren't yer usual Brexit voting sheep that believe this crap.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

For someone who really spouts bollocks, look no further than St Jeremy the gutless wonder. Listening to this weak, mealy mouthed performance I'm finally persuaded to spoil my ballot for the first time ever in this election (voted Labour last time, but can't vote for them any longer when I don't respect the current party leadership or believe in their policies).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50423622
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:40 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Sounded perfectly fine to me.

People pick the oddest things to get worked up about sometimes.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Sounded perfectly fine to me.

People pick the oddest things to get worked up about sometimes.
He's a fence sitter, Eric. Not a leader. You need someone with a bit of arrogance and a large ego as the figurehead, not a quiet little sop that delegates responsibility to committees and colleagues. His personality is insipid and uninspiring unless you're one of the unquestioning band of hardcore devotees (and yes, I have seen Jeremy and listened to him speak in person on a few occasions).
Old Nov 14th 2019, 6:05 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

High profile tub-thumping pronouncements often have unpleasant consequences.

What we need is sensible. What he said was eminently sensible.

You want large egos to vote for? They're there in spades.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 8:19 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Do you actually believe yourself ?
To an extent yes - sure it wasn't the Labour Party that caused the 2008/09 calamity (and in fact Brown was instrumental in reducing its impact) , but neither was the Conservative Party and a global calamity like that takes years to pull out of, so your linked graphs showing how the economy (and many things we spend our money on like police, NHS, etc) have only just got back to where they were ten years ago and blaming the Tories is just as disingenuous as my calling it a Labour recession.

When I was in the US, Republicans used to say how bad Obama was doing but he was just sorting out the shit sandwich he had been handed by Bush and the global financial crisis and I thought it pretty disingenuous for them to do that - ditto your link and implications re the Tories.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 8:44 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
To an extent yes - sure it wasn't the Labour Party that caused the 2008/09 calamity (and in fact Brown was instrumental in reducing its impact) , but neither was the Conservative Party and a global calamity like that takes years to pull out of, so your linked graphs showing how the economy (and many things we spend our money on like police, NHS, etc) have only just got back to where they were ten years ago and blaming the Tories is just as disingenuous as my calling it a Labour recession.
When I was in the US, Republicans used to say how bad Obama was doing but he was just sorting out the shit sandwich he had been handed by Bush and the global financial crisis and I thought it pretty disingenuous for them to do that - ditto your link and implications re the Tories.
So on that basis, you'd agree that Mr Corbyn can probably do better, or at least no worse, that the current incompetents CB?
Old Nov 14th 2019, 10:32 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
So on that basis, you'd agree that Mr Corbyn can probably do better, or at least no worse, that the current incompetents CB?
non sequitur
Old Nov 14th 2019, 10:37 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
non sequitur
English only please, thanks.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 11:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

English only please, thanks.
But that's correct language according to Mr Rees-Mogg!
Old Nov 15th 2019, 11:43 am
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
But that's correct language according to Mr Rees-Mogg!
You reckon CB = RM ? That would explain a lot !
Old Nov 15th 2019, 12:41 pm
Who - me?

Oh, come along.

Non sequitur is widely enough used and awkward enough to replace with something else to be perfectly acceptable in everyday use. It's in the same class as ad infinitum, et cetetera or status quo.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 1:12 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Oh, come along.

Non sequitur is widely enough used and awkward enough to replace with something else to be perfectly acceptable in everyday use. It's in the same class as ad infinitum, et cetetera or status quo.

Mea navis aericumbens anguillis abundant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.