Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:48 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

But where does Jezza stand on his referendum? Boris deserves to bring every point back to the same question.

I've wondered that but he doesn't seem to want to reveal. I don't think there's any point belabouring it as Bozza does. He's just repackaging his get Brexit done message on every question.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:01 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What of the humble taxpayer who is forking over in order to pay the public sector salaries?
They should expect better. There’s too many people in the public sector stealing a living in big SPVs achieving nothing. Attract some public sector brains and ruthlessness and see what can be achieved.

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
I've wondered that but he doesn't seem to want to reveal. I don't think there's any point belabouring it as Bozza does. He's just repackaging his get Brexit done message on every question.
Simply put, I think it’s critical to everything. It should be the centre point of discussion. Brushing it aside is neglectful.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Even the christmas present question.

They shouldn't bother with the audience. Each 'half' applauding what they agree with is just pointless.

That's more of Corbyn than I've ever had in one go. Hard to see how he arouses such dislike. Except he probably doesn't and it's more likely to be what others say about him.

I've always been a firebrand supporter. Benn. Foot, Heffer, Skinner etc but I could at least see why they'd rub up the middle classes so much. I can't see that from Corbyn.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

They should expect better. There’s too many people in the public sector stealing a living in big SPVs achieving nothing. Attract some public sector brains and ruthlessness and see what can be achieved.

Simply put, I think it’s critical to everything. It should be the centre point of discussion. Brushing it aside is neglectful.

I do expect better. But I'm not sure that I want to pay multi-million dollar salaries nor that the multi-million dollar salaries will get me better. Plenty of private sector people stealing a living as well (and their investors' money). I simply don't buy the idea that greed produces better people or better work.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

There’s too many people in the public sector stealing a living in big SPVs achieving nothing. Attract some public private sector brains and ruthlessness and see what can be achieved.
I'm assuming you meant attract private sector brains.
...Plenty of private sector people stealing a living as well (and their investors' money). I simply don't buy the idea that greed produces better people or better work.
Plus, it's already been done and the only answer they had was slashing the workforce and then wondering why things took longer to do with standards falling. Well, duh....

Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:22 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

What a difference a couple of words make.
Yup...
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:33 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Even the christmas present question.

They shouldn't bother with the audience. Each 'half' applauding what they agree with is just pointless.

That's more of Corbyn than I've ever had in one go. Hard to see how he arouses such dislike. Except he probably doesn't and it's more likely to be what others say about him.

I've always been a firebrand supporter. Benn. Foot, Heffer, Skinner etc but I could at least see why they'd rub up the middle classes so much. I can't see that from Corbyn.
I quite enjoyed the 'debate' as it was fairly informal. I think with Corbyn the devil is usually be in the detail. But you're right, there's a lot of general scare mongering and people rejecting him because they hear they should.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

No thank you.

People think he's genuine. he's not.
he's a charlatan as much as the rest of them.
ALL politicians are.

Those who reckon they can "change the system" are the ones who act and behave like the "old guard".
When he first came into politics, he refused to wear ties since he wanted to be different and make a statement against "stuffy Westminster".
Look at him now. Tied galore.....
He isn't really any different fundamentally to the others.

He may re-nationalise shit. Or get his public broadband. but then he would still break promises like the rest of them.

I dunno really - I'd take BoJo over him.
BoJo at least you KNOW is shady. And he doesn't dress it up.
We've KNOWN bojo has been shady via his racist/islamophobic comments. Or lying to the Queen about the prorogation.
But then no ****ing way is Corbyn "different".
Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:27 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
No thank you.

People think he's genuine. he's not.
he's a charlatan as much as the rest of them.
ALL politicians are.

Those who reckon they can "change the system" are the ones who act and behave like the "old guard".
When he first came into politics, he refused to wear ties since he wanted to be different and make a statement against "stuffy Westminster".
Look at him now. Tied galore.....

He isn't really any different fundamentally to the others.

He may re-nationalise shit. Or get his public broadband. but then he would still break promises like the rest of them.

I dunno really - I'd take BoJo over him.
BoJo at least you KNOW is shady. And he doesn't dress it up.
We've KNOWN bojo has been shady via his racist/islamophobic comments. Or lying to the Queen about the prorogation.
But then no ****ing way is Corbyn "different".
I realise this is only your second post here, so I'll be a little respectful.

When Corbyn first came into politics in his younger days, it was natural to want to take on the system. Corbyn's no different to many of his time, and back in the 1980's, it was fashionable to not wear ties.

Corbyn is now leader of the Labour Party, and as such, there's an expectation from the public that he looks the part while representing the party. I prefer combat trousers and polo shirts, but my job often requires white shirt, black trousers and a tie. And I wear those because it's expected. But other parts of my job don't need that, so I get to wear the combats and polo shirt.

It's a matter of perspective. Try turning up for a proper job interview in jeans and t-shirt outside of the creative industries and you'll be unlikely to get the job. It's what's expected of you.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:28 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The election ISN'T about Brexit, no matter what some people would have us think, i's about the 130,000 people who have died because of austerity and Universal credit,

there was another yesterday, was told he was fit for work and had to go to the job centre or lose his payments, he went, sat in a chair and died,

It's about the hundreds of thousands who are classed as working, but need to get food from foodbanks because they aren't unemployed if they do one hours work in two weeks, and this is why 'employment' is at a high level.

It's about the many thousands sleeping on the streets because there isn't any social housing and there are Tory candidates who are saying these people should be put into Gulags made to work no matter how ill they are, take showers in cold water, shades of Stalin and the concentration camps there, BUT, two Tory candidates feel this is the answer to all the problems.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:46 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
The election ISN'T about Brexit, no matter what some people would have us think, i's about the 130,000 people who have died because of austerity and Universal credit,

there was another yesterday, was told he was fit for work and had to go to the job centre or lose his payments, he went, sat in a chair and died,

It's about the hundreds of thousands who are classed as working, but need to get food from foodbanks because they aren't unemployed if they do one hours work in two weeks, and this is why 'employment' is at a high level.

It's about the many thousands sleeping on the streets because there isn't any social housing and there are Tory candidates who are saying these people should be put into Gulags made to work no matter how ill they are, take showers in cold water, shades of Stalin and the concentration camps there, BUT, two Tory candidates feel this is the answer to all the problems.
I read about that poor man that died at the Job Centre. Really a shameful state of affairs.

However, whatever any of us think, governments come and go. In this election Brexit dominates. It will shape much more over the coming decades than any one government can over a term or two. Fortunately, voting Labour does not preclude remaining in the EU, so that will be an option for many.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:48 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post

And that's why Boris and the Tories want the election to be about Brexit, because if enough of the public were to judge them on their records of the last 9 and a 1/2 years, or the media were to hold them accountable, the Tories would lose massively.

And the Brexit Party are a single-issue party. They haven't the numbers to be anything other than a protest group, and once the subject of that protest is done, so are they. Farage will have to find his next cause to agitate.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:52 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
And that's why Boris and the Tories want the election to be about Brexit, because if enough of the public were to judge them on their records of the last 9 and a 1/2 years, or the media were to hold them accountable, the Tories would lose massively.

And the Brexit Party are a single-issue party. They haven't the numbers to be anything other than a protest group, and once the subject of that protest is done, so are they. Farage will have to find his next cause to agitate.
Yes, Brexit is a very convenient deflection strategy. But I suppose more than anything their research has told them that amongst the swing voters Brexit is the key issue. That's the problem with Corbyn, he's not pragmatic enough to listen to research and will just bang on with his idealistic platforms and remain in opposition.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I realise this is only your second post here, so I'll be a little respectful.

When Corbyn first came into politics in his younger days, it was natural to want to take on the system. Corbyn's no different to many of his time, and back in the 1980's, it was fashionable to not wear ties.

Corbyn is now leader of the Labour Party, and as such, there's an expectation from the public that he looks the part while representing the party. I prefer combat trousers and polo shirts, but my job often requires white shirt, black trousers and a tie. And I wear those because it's expected. But other parts of my job don't need that, so I get to wear the combats and polo shirt.

It's a matter of perspective. Try turning up for a proper job interview in jeans and t-shirt outside of the creative industries and you'll be unlikely to get the job. It's what's expected of you.
It shouldn't matter. He's no different from the others, and I'm positive he will not be different if he wins the election. And that's a monumental IF, since he's miles behind in the polls, and Farage and co. will eat up his Northern seats.

Old Nov 19th 2019, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

You're not making much sense. What is it that you want to know?
You're not making much sense. What is it that you want to know?
aaaahhh yes, apologies. I'm pants at writing about politics and it all comes out as a ramble.

Mainly, what is good about a socialist government? Why should the more wealthy, foot a bigger bill to pay for these 'freebies' such as free broadband..... are libraries no longer offering that service? I won't get started on the NHS because all politicians will deny/argue/lie about what's going on there.... all I know is from what I was taught in uni back in 2011 and that was in fact that it was Tony Blair who started selling off parts of the NHS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.