Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Nov 19th 2019, 5:11 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Yours,

Ffurious in Ffolkestone
I'm not too proud to admit that's gone way over my head. Please explain like I'm 5.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 5:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I'm not too proud to admit that's gone way over my head. Please explain like I'm 5.

Angry letters to The Times from old codgers.

It's a version of "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgus...unbridge_Wells

Honestly Scamp, sometimes you talk like my uncle who taught Classics at a public school all his life. I'm way older than you, but you make me feel like a teenager again, arguing with the oldies. Which may be a good thing.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 5:20 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Angry letters to The Times from old codgers.

It's a version of "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgus...unbridge_Wells

Honestly Scamp, sometimes you talk like my uncle who taught Classics at a public school all his life. I'm way older than you, but you make me feel like a teenager again, arguing with the oldies. Which may be a good thing.
I see, I see. I thought it might have been news related. An old persion version of 'Florida man...'. Put that or something similar in google and a date and it's amazing the shit that these idiots in Florida get up to.

I am an enigma in the eyes of my boss. He refers to me as the oldest young man he's ever met. Like a permanently good looking Benjamin Button.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 5:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I see, I see. I thought it might have been news related. An old persion version of 'Florida man...'. Put that or something similar in google and a date and it's amazing the shit that these idiots in Florida get up to.

I am an enigma in the eyes of my boss. He refers to me as the oldest young man he's ever met. Like a permanently good looking Benjamin Button.

My OH was a punk, an anarchist, a young fogey, a hippie, and then settled for just being himself.

So you know what your next stage is. Get your beads ready.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 5:28 pm
WWLLCJD?

My OH was a punk, an anarchist, a young fogey, a hippie, and then settled for just being himself.

So you know what your next stage is. Get your beads ready.
He sounds fun. I will skip the hippie bit though, Mother is into all of that jazz, angels, yoga, pyschics, healing stones, arnica. The flippin' works. It's ghastly business, raping the pockets of those seeking something genuine like hope or support. It's up there with religion.

The person my therapist describes is one of serious self-dislike (if that's a phrase) and ultra defensive about anything to protect what little confidence there is. That's a hard summary to here, but we'll get there eventually and I'll end up content with me as me I hope.

****. that's sharing.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 5:40 pm

He sounds fun. I will skip the hippie bit though, Mother is into all of that jazz, angels, yoga, pyschics, healing stones, arnica. The flippin' works. It's ghastly business, raping the pockets of those seeking something genuine like hope or support. It's up there with religion.

The person my therapist describes is one of serious self-dislike (if that's a phrase) and ultra defensive about anything to protect what little confidence there is. That's a hard summary to here, but we'll get there eventually and I'll end up content with me as me I hope.

****. that's sharing.

My OH wasn't that kind of hippie. It was more like hallucinogenics at music festivals (before they went all mainstream, back when it really was just a small group of people sitting in the mud sharing food and listening to music) and living in squats in Hackney and Amsterdam.

I'm all for being content with being oneself - it's just part of coming to terms with shit. What put things in perspective for me, after a particularly strong annus horribilis, was going to Guatemala to work with torture victims. My own stuff didn't amount to a hill of beans after that.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 6:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
...my two favorite remainiacs have not even been invited.
Cape Blue is one, who's the other?

Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:02 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Cape Blue is one, who's the other?
materialcontroller
Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:21 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

There are no rules here, remember. It's just say something and pretend it's gospel.

I just saw on the news that Chief Exec pay will be limited to 350,000 a year. It's laughable. It's like Labour want to fail.
Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
It always surprises me how authoritarian leftists like Labour want to get - to micro manage people's lives to fit their idea of how things should be.

The only people who should be involved in a CEO's pay are the shareholders, if they are happy how their money is being spent it has nothing to do with government (aside from ensuring it is correctly taxed).

That looked so spectacularly wrong that I had to check it out and you did indeed make it up. Can't imagine why Bluey believed it but I suppose it just goes to show how easy it is to get people to believe a lie unquestioningly.

Here's the actual proposal :
And public sector chief executives would not be allowed to earn more than 20 times someone on the living wage.

That would mean a maximum salary of about £350,000.
General election 2019: Workers under Labour 'will take back control'

There, happy now? You OK with public sector chief execs being on capped salaries or would you rather they were paid squillions out of the public purse?
Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
That looked so spectacularly wrong that I had to check it out and you did indeed make it up. Can't imagine why Bluey believed it but I suppose it just goes to show how easy it is to get people to believe a lie unquestioningly.

There, happy now? You OK with public sector chief execs being on capped salaries or would you rather they were paid squillions out of the public purse?

What a difference a couple of words make.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:15 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Debate started. Jezza is landing a few punches. Bozza is maximising waffle.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Thank crap I don't have a telly anymore.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:41 pm
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post

Genuine mistake actually, thanks for correcting me.

I don’t think any chief executive should have their salary capped. If the public sector employed a private sector mentality they might be more successful.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:43 pm

Genuine mistake actually, thanks for correcting me.

I don’t think any chief executive should have their salary capped. If the public sector employed a private sector mentality they might be more successful.

What of the humble taxpayer who is forking over in order to pay the public sector salaries?
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:44 pm
WWLLCJD?

But where does Jezza stand on his referendum? Boris deserves to bring every point back to the same question.

The faux outrage regarding leading an anti-Semitic Labour Party was GCSE drama quality. Hilarious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.