Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Dec 8th 2015, 7:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
Racist nature of reservations?
Racist in the sense that people of a specific race live there. They didn't choose to live there. People of other races can't move there.

And don't call me an idiot, that sort of Trumpian vulgarity is discouraged here.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

MikeZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33 View Post
Racist in the sense that people of a specific race live there. They didn't choose to live there. People of other races can't move there.

And don't call me an idiot, that sort of Trumpian vulgarity is discouraged here.
Well you just got more idiotic.. The people who live there are those who survived wars of extermination by European colonizers. They choose to live there NOW, there is no law that forces it.

Again you can't expect them to love the descendants of European colonizers who killed them off.. Most whites in canada/USA understand what the natives went through and general attitudes/felling towards the native has changed dramatically compared to what existed.

The natives were NEVER racist towards whites..
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:06 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

whites in canada/USA understand what the natives went through and general attitudes/felling towards the native has changed dramatically compared to what existed.
First nations people get plenty of systemic and institutional racism to go along with plain old regular racism. In BC at least they get treated like shit from what I can see.

The natives were NEVER racist towards whites..
Never? That's kind of absolute isn't it. I'm sure it's easy to find a counter-example.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

What about all the land natives lease out to non natives. We have lots in BC. Native land they lease out to plenty of other races to build a house or live on.

Natives dont seem to have issues leasing out their land for income.

Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:16 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

But not on planet Troll, evidently.

It beggars belief that anyone would suggest Western Europe has higher level of racism than the USA. As Alan pointed out, Eastern Europe and Russia is a different kettle of fish (but then very different 20th century histories).
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:30 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Labour is unelectable in the UK? They are one of the two mainstream parties in the country. You mean Corbyn is unelectable?
COrbyn is quite clearly electable: the evidence is right there in his election to the leadership of the Labour Party.

IN case you missed it, the UK parliamentary system means that the leader (as voted by his or her party members in whatever electoral process they use) of the party with the most seats is usually asked to form a government. Nobody other than his constituents votes for Corbyn. Labour was unelectable when Michael Foot was in the leader's seat: he may well have had a great deal of integrity as a man and as a politician, but he was never going to be prime minister while his party was in such disarray around him. In its current state of internecine bickering and ideological floundering, the Labour Party is extremely unlikely to form a government, never mind how much or how little one thinks of Jeremy Corbyn as a leader.

I really do think you should follow the advice you've been given up-thread and go study some politics. You appear consistently to be arguing from a position of considerable lack of understanding.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:37 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Labour is unelectable in the UK? They are one of the two mainstream parties in the country. You mean Corbyn is unelectable?
Yes, Corbyn is unelectable, and therefore, Labour is too. In order for Labour to become electable, they have to dispose Corbyn. And that will facilitate another couple years of chaos and ... unelectability.

Just like a democratic party led by ... Bernie(?). Much too far left for the bulk of American voters. Hillary tried to lean his direction to capture more of his base, but the republicans are making it easier for her to be more centrist now. And that will facilitate votes. At least that's how I see it at this moment. It can change a lot before November though. Who knows, maybe they discover her dildo in a hotel room. That would make her "Muslim sympathist" or something, wouldn't it?

I don't know... I always find American elections more amusing than UK elections, which is quite an achievement.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:51 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post

It beggars belief that anyone would suggest Western Europe has higher level of racism than the USA. As Alan pointed out, Eastern Europe and Russia is a different kettle of fish (but then very different 20th century histories).
Like Canada, Western Europe has no racism at all. But anyone of colour - including blacks - just can't land a decent job (unless they can sing, dance or play football), no matter how qualified.

But that's not "racism", it's just "how it is". We don't have "racism" in Europe. That's another "only in America" thing, as you suggest.

But don't take my word for it. Statistically, the US rates pretty high in terms of racial equality. Europe on the other hand, is rather so-so, depending on country. In the US, a person of colour can (demonstrably) do anything. Here in Europe ... such optimism is not advised. It's not racism, it's "just the way it is".
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan2005 View Post
First nations people get plenty of systemic and institutional racism to go along with plain old regular racism. In BC at least they get treated like shit from what I can see.

Never? That's kind of absolute isn't it. I'm sure it's easy to find a counter-example.
Well I'm in the US so I don't know about Canada.. Canada hasn't had a 1960's style civil rights movement that civilized the country or did it???

natives actually welcomed the European with open arms, didn't fight back until they were attacked and there is no evidence or racial hatred toward whites in any serious way.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Like Canada, Western Europe has no racism at all. But anyone of colour - including blacks - just can't land a decent job (unless they can sing, dance or play football), no matter how qualified.

But that's not "racism", it's just "how it is". We don't have "racism" in Europe. That's another "only in America" thing, as you suggest.

But don't take my word for it. Statistically, the US rates pretty high in terms of racial equality. Europe on the other hand, is rather so-so, depending on country. In the US, a person of colour can (demonstrably) do anything. Here in Europe ... such optimism is not advised. It's not racism, it's "just the way it is".

well racism is not "an America" thing.. The communists invented it.. Trotsky.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed it is. Mikez, please re-read Site Rule 1. Thx.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

"Like Canada, Western Europe has no racism at all. But anyone of colour - including blacks - just can't land a decent job (unless they can sing, dance or play football), no matter how qualified"

I thought about that for a second.. The "no matter how qualified" has no explanation other than racism.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Indeed it is. Mikez, please re-read Site Rule 1. Thx.
What am I suppose to call someone who says native reservations in North America are as same as concentration camps?
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:05 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

including blacks
Lol.

In the US, a person of colour can (demonstrably) do anything. Here in Europe ... such optimism is not advised. It's not racism, it's "just the way it is".
Such optimism is not warranted in the US either. That's the thing with the "american dream"; a few making it doesn't mean shit for the majority.

I'm actually puzzled at people who think the US is somehow less racist than the UK. The UK police don't go around killing black people. You can show an interracial relationship with a black man/white woman on the telly - has that ever happened in the US?
Old Dec 8th 2015, 9:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What am I suppose to call someone who says native reservations in North America are as same as concentration camps?
A radical idea I know, but how about instead of resorting to name calling, you actually engage in reasoned debate and intelligent repartee?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.