Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Apr 20th 2017, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
With respect you may not be familiar with US tax forms, if you look up tax forms and required schedules you will quickly see that his tax return will not show all his business associations , nor where his companies get loans from etc etc.
With respect, thanks for the condescending claptrap as to what I may know about tax forms. I see Leslie was right.

"There is a chance Trump will list his profits in his next federal financial disclosure, in May 2018, but the form doesn’t require it. The surest way to see what profits Trump is taking would be the release of his tax returns — which hasn’t happened. Income has to be reported to the IRS, whether it c

Last edited by Giantaxe; Apr 20th 2017 at 4:47 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I go back to what has been said previously, if his tax returns show nothing of value then there's no harm in being transparent about them. He obsessed to the point of paranoia about Obama's birth certificate, he has no concept of rational behaviour and can't see that he's causing unnecessary aggro. Just because he says he won't release them doesn't mean people will say 'oh ok then, no worries'. His behaviour and that of his children regarding their business and financial affairs needs to be sorted to the point that people start accepting he's not financially ****ing the country blind.
+1
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
With respect, thanks for the condescending claptrap as to what I may know about tax forms. I see Leslie was right.

"There is a chance Trump will list his profits in his next federal financial disclosure, in May 2018, but the form doesn’t require it. The surest way to see what profits Trump is taking would be the release of his tax returns — which hasn’t happened. Income has to be reported to the IRS, whether it c
If I came across as condescending my apology. I don't know what else to respond when I see posts about what his tax returns would reveal when there is no way they would on some subject people post about.

I can see a difference of opinion about the preferable level of transparency, but simply there are many things that people want to know that simply isn't available form personal tax returns. I guess I do not understand why that is a difficult concept.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I came across as condescending my apology. I don't know what else to respond when I see posts about what his tax returns would reveal when there is no way they would on some subject people post about.

I can see a difference of opinion about the preferable level of transparency, but simply there are many things that people want to know that simply isn't available form personal tax returns. I guess I do not understand why that is a difficult concept.
And yet I posted a specific example of something that _would_ be available from a tax return... seems like you want to refuse to acknowledge that anything could be gleaned from it, which is an "odd" position to take.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

And yet I posted a specific example of something that _would_ be available from a tax return... seems like you want to refuse to acknowledge that anything could be gleaned from it, which is an "odd" position to take.
I must of missed what that specific example was and what significance could it be in a productive fashion.

The overall posts (not saying from you) I have seen about this issue

1. His tax return would show his net worth- not true.
2. His tax return would show his income- it would show the income he chooses to declare to IRS, like most wealthy people with multiple corporations. LLC;s, and depreciation from real estate, he certainly can shelter a lot of income.So hardly does that say much.
3. Loans/Interest- He doesn't have to show all his interest expense , which of course then means he doesn't have to show all loans. ( You posted something specific on this). And certainly foreign entities don't necessarily issue 1099's as referred too.

Of course something can be gleaned from the tax return, but due to his ability to structure his income and expenses I am not sure if would have much significance.

I do make the assumption that could be incorrect, that due his past use of bankruptcy laws , that he even brags about, any large loans he would make through his companies. But then again, I don't see any relevance how much he has borrowed.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I must of missed what that specific example was and what significance could it be in a productive fashion.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see".
Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
This has just arrived, so it now seems they where already thinking off requesting this concession before he was sworn in.

We Now Know Who Funded Trump's Inauguration
That article neglected to mention the foreign contributions.

Venezuela's government donated $500G to Trump's inauguration, report shows | Fox News
Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mrken30 View Post
That article neglected to mention the foreign contributions.

Venezuela's government donated $500G to Trump's inauguration, report shows | Fox News
From the linnk:

"PDVSA made the donation through a U.S. affiliate, Citgo Petroleum, soon after offering a nearly 50 percent stake in Citgo to the Russian oil giant Rosneft as collateral for a $1.5 billion loan, The Guardian reported."

Interesting how many of these things come to have some kind of link with Russia.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

From the linnk:

"PDVSA made the donation through a U.S. affiliate, Citgo Petroleum, soon after offering a nearly 50 percent stake in Citgo to the Russian oil giant Rosneft as collateral for a $1.5 billion loan, The Guardian reported."

Interesting how many of these things come to have some kind of link with Russia.
He is very popular in Russia.

http://www.trtworld.com/europe/trump...streets-224170

Old Apr 21st 2017, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

"There are none so blind as those who will not see".
We are swinging towards global fascism and authoritarianism and I fear it will just have to run its course before the useful idiots realize they've been fisted. They are sadly too stupid to figure this out until after it's too late
Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff Sessions proved what a total tool he is. As if we did not know.
Sessions Dismisses Hawaii Judge as Ruling Against Travel Ban From ‘Island in the Pacific’ - The Daily Beast
Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:10 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Could be a subtle hint.
U.S. sees increased activity by Chinese bomber aircraft: officials | Reuters
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

A yuuge crowd! Well for the Superbowl-winning Patriots to visit Obama in 2015. Not so much to visit Trump in 2017. Sad.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017...superJumbo.jpg
He never stop's

Trump: NY Times ‘Caught in a Big Lie’ Over Patriots Photos - The Daily Beast
Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:47 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

This might be one case when Trump had a point. I think even the NYT pulled its own post regarding this.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
This might be one case when Trump had a point. I think even the NYT pulled its own post regarding this.
50 players attended in 2015; 34 players attended in 2017.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Apr 21st 2017 at 4:29 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.