Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Jun 6th 2019, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Trump - Tweets over the Press Reports off his trip
FFS they really should consider changing his medication
Old Jun 6th 2019, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we could ever find a citizen-soldier military force like that any longer. They were the best from the 18 years olds who took to the skies to fight the Luftwaffe to the soldiers, sailors and airmen who took part in D-Day and Okinawa. Without a doubt they were a very special generation. God Bless them all

Last edited by dc koop; Jun 6th 2019 at 6:19 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 6:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
The future of healthcare is hardly off topic when Trump and his cohorts will certainly attempt to repeal the ACA again and gut Medicare if they get a second term.
I have transferred off topic posts from this thread into 2 new threads in the last couple of weeks. I have also spent several hours this morning deleting stuff from a thread in another forum. I have asked nicely for posts re NHS/US healthcare to be posted in a new thread. I stand by my request.

Plse PM me if you wish to discuss this further. Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:10 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
I don't think we could ever find a citizen-soldier military force like that any longer. They were the best from the 18 years olds who took to the skies to fight the Luftwaffe to the soldiers, sailors and airmen who took part in D-Day and Okinawa. Without a doubt they were a very special generation. God Bless them all
Indeed - the current generation (and indeed all others since D-day) just don't have it - these days too busy crying in a twitterstorm over something "ist" said by someone 20 years ago.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, we need to get this thread back up and running. It came to a complete halt while discussing Trump's nasty plans if he were to win re-election. And on that note I ask my original question.

What Blue states do you think Trump can win in 2020?
Trump can not get to 270 electoral votes without taking a few Blue states.

There are very red and blue states with populations that are either substantially majority very progressive or very conservative and can not be flipped by the opposing political party and history has proven this. Virginia was once a marginally reliable red state but since the 1980's there was a large migration of progressive northerners that left expensive places like NYC, Jersey, ect for less costly states like Virginia, Florida, ect. Now Nevada, Colorado, Virginia once won by Bush in 2004, are blue states and have been for well over a decade.

Trump has awaken progressive voters in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and he is down by 8% in all three of these states he won in 2016.

Where can trump win in Blue states in 2020?

Btw, Trump is in trouble in the red states of Florida, Arizona and will need to fight hard for Georgia, Iowa and Ohio. His tariffs are killing businesses in many of those states and if he is crazy enough to go with the idea of putting tariffs on Mexico several states that are normally republican reliable will be up for grabs.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Jun 7th 2019 at 9:28 am.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Ok, we need to get this thread back up and running. It came to a complete halt while discussing Trump's nasty plans if he were to win re-election. And on that note I ask my original question.

What Blue states do you think Trump can win in 2020?
Trump can not get to 270 electoral votes without taking a few Blue states.

There are very red and blue states with populations that are either substantially majority very progressive or very conservative and can not be flipped by the opposing political party and history has proven this. Virginia was once a marginally reliable red state but since the 1980's there was a large migration of progressive northerners that left expensive places like NYC, Jersey, ect for less costly states like Virginia, Florida, ect. Now Nevada, Colorado, Virginia once won by Bush in 2004, are blue states and have been for well over a decade.

Trump has awaken progressive voters in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and he is down by 8% in all three of these states he won in 2016.

Where can trump win in Blue states in 2020?

Btw, Trump is in trouble in the red states of Florida, Arizona and will need to fight hard for Georgia, Iowa and Ohio. His tariffs are killing businesses in many of those states and if he is crazy enough to go with the idea of putting tariffs on Mexico several states that are normally republican reliable will be up for grabs.
There is a thread on "2020 election" that is dedicated to this topic, but I realize at this point "its all about Trump' and it's hard not to argue it here. The problem with this thread is that it is also the chosen thread for all the 'European' contingent who hate Trump in general, but don't really understand the intricacies and strategies associated with winning the presidential election here. As you say, the presidential election will come down to just a few 'swing' states. I spend time in AZ and watch it very closely (and I'm registered to vote there). Trump is definitely losing some ground there, and the victory of Kyrsten Sinema in the mid-term Senate race there was hopeful. I would say, the 2020 election is for the Democrats to lose. But as (I think) Leslie explained it best, the Democrats have a great knack for clutching defeat from the hands of victory. As I've said many times, the issue of 'Universal Healthcare' could be spun very negatively by the Republicans and scare away potential crossover votes. Bernie is a huge turn-off for many. Biden is a 'jolly old man' and may just be the right guy to catch the middle, but I'm not convinced. I'm personally hopeful that Kamala Harris will be 'the one' and she could really motivate and inspire, but we are a long way from any decision in that regard. My 'nightmare scenario' is that Bernie gets the nomination and then alienates too many swing voters.

I keep waiting for the economy to nose-dive due to Trump's tariffs but it hasn't happened yet. The unemployment figures are very good for Trump right now. When all else is said and done, "It's the economy, stupid" in the US.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:54 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
There is a thread on "2020 election" that is dedicated to this topic, but I realize at this point "its all about Trump' and it's hard not to argue it here. The problem with this thread is that it is also the chosen thread for all the 'European' contingent who hate Trump in general, but don't really understand the intricacies and strategies associated with winning the presidential election here. As you say, the presidential election will come down to just a few 'swing' states. I spend time in AZ and watch it very closely (and I'm registered to vote there). Trump is definitely losing some ground there, and the victory of Kyrsten Sinema in the mid-term Senate race there was hopeful. I would say, the 2020 election is for the Democrats to lose. But as (I think) Leslie explained it best, the Democrats have a great knack for clutching defeat from the hands of victory. As I've said many times, the issue of 'Universal Healthcare' could be spun very negatively by the Republicans and scare away potential crossover votes. Bernie is a huge turn-off for many. Biden is a 'jolly old man' and may just be the right guy to catch the middle, but I'm not convinced. I'm personally hopeful that Kamala Harris will be 'the one' and she could really motivate and inspire, but we are a long way from any decision in that regard. My 'nightmare scenario' is that Bernie gets the nomination and then alienates too many swing voters.

I keep waiting for the economy to nose-dive due to Trump's tariffs but it hasn't happened yet. The unemployment figures are very good for Trump right now. When all else is said and done, "It's the economy, stupid" in the US.
Just as the last election was for the Democrats to lose.
We spoke to more than a few on our visits to the US at the time who held to the " anyone but Hilary " view.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Today 6th June D Day is being remembered !
British - Canadian & USA Troops swarmed ashore in Normandy
They died in there thousands
A memorial is in place where the first troops landed.
The Heads off Government from France & UK are there as is a representative from Canada
Where is the head off Government off USA who is absent ?
Playing GOLF in Ireland
And after leaving France , he went back to Ireland to play Golf yet again
WTF is this "Holiday" going to cost the USA's Tax Payers ?
Old Jun 7th 2019, 11:02 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

And after leaving France , he went back to Ireland to play Golf yet again
WTF is this "Holiday" going to cost the USA's Tax Payers ?
Are Presidents not allowed holidays?
Old Jun 7th 2019, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Are Presidents not allowed holidays?
So far he's had 187 Holidays Day's doing something during the campaign he promised he would never do !
Old Jun 7th 2019, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Not so. But since he interferes in UK politics AND tweets about how lousy crime and everything else he doesn't like is, we Brit-Europeans return the compliment.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 11:25 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

IF the Dems nominate Biden, Sanders, or probably Warren, they'll lose. All of them have too much baggage and/or are too far to the left to take enough of the Obama/Trump voters.

It's for the primaries to sort out, but I haven't seen anyone that I like AND think has a reasonable chance of winning the primary. Buttigieg is very impressive, but I can't see us elected a gay president yet. I also think the combination of women and color is too much for some people right now.

I don't know that I can stomach voting for Sanders. I would Biden, but *yawn*
Old Jun 7th 2019, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Trumps comments too Irish PM just show how utterly "thick & stupid" he is.
+ He wanted the PM to travel to his Golf Course for the meeting.

https://dailysoundandfury.com/irish-...m_campaign=tti
Old Jun 7th 2019, 11:46 am
Democracy advocate

So far he's had 187 Holidays Day's doing something during the campaign he promised he would never do !
Sounds like fake news - probably includes weekends and days when working away from the White House.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 12:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You can twist that figure all you want. There's obviously never a day when he doesn't have a meeting of some kind - even if it's only his PDB. Does that make it a working day?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.