Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Apr 23rd 2019, 10:44 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Why a Mexican flag?
Because that is relevant to LiW and her son.

Do any British Expats here actually like America? Because it seems you all kind of hate it.
I hold no emotion on America as a land mass nor hold views on individual USCs that I do not know and have not met.

I do however reserve my right to disagree strongly with the USA admin and its policies. Particularly its foreign policies past and present.

I'll also say that I absolutely do not want that Trump disgrace to be granted a UK state visit. That's my feeling on that man and his behaviour & attitude past and present.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, back on Trump, here's a long and thorough reading of the Mueller Report:

https://balkin.blogspot.com/2019/04/...f-mueller.html
Old Apr 24th 2019, 12:33 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Why a Mexican flag? Do any British Expats here actually like America? Because it seems you all kind of hate it.
I don't hate America. I despise Trump, and anything that has the potential to highlight what an arsehole he is gets my support. I'm not a British expat, or even British come to that
Old Apr 24th 2019, 12:35 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I don't hate America. I despise Trump, and anything that has the to highlight what an arsehole he is gets my support. I'm not a British expat, or even British come to that

WHAT????? YOU'RE FOREIGN?????!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2019, 1:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
WHAT????? YOU'RE FOREIGN?????!!!!!

Credibility - shot
Old Apr 24th 2019, 1:58 am
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Classed as a "State Visit" to UK - real meaning "Shit State Visit"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-to-uk-in-june
Something to look forward too
Sometimes it's the links within the links that are more informative, whilst the media is banging on about a trip, and impeachment, Dem candidates, border crisis, Florida man, etc, etc, this one seems to have slipped most people's radars.

Begs the question can all us old pervs now get rapey or will it just be the squaddies?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...on-of-war-veto
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
Or the US may have changed for the worse. Which is has when you look at the cost of college and healthcare. Even the WSJ has had a series on how much diminished the "American Dream" (tm) is.
Well paid jobs in factories and in auto assembly plants gone or going due to automation. Change to a service based economy. Increased competition from China as well as Europe and Japan in the manufacturing of exports.
Many people are going to feel a lot of pain as other jobs are phased out and replaced by green technology. The schools in this country are overall not very good and the US is down the list educational level. The new technologies in the next decades will require people with high standards of education. It's also predicted that most working people in their lifetimes will change careers at least twice. Healthcare costs are increasing because of the need for more and more skilled nursing staff and the increasing care which is needed for the large, aging baby boomer generation.

Bernie is playing the role of Pied Piper to the millennial generation in his promises of free college just as Trump fooled a lot of people in his promise to bring back millions of jobs. There's no such thing as free this and free that. One way or another it will all have to be paid for and if the debt ceiling is worrying now wait another ten years.

I don't envy my grandkids. They're going to face a lot of challenges as well as coping with a drastic change in climate conditions if global warming isn't checked
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Why would Trump even want to visit the UK anyway? His advisers must have surely clued him in on the kind of reception he'd get
Old Apr 24th 2019, 6:25 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
Why would Trump even want to visit the UK anyway? His advisers must have surely clued him in on the kind of reception he'd get
They will have told him that the reasons the crowds are being kept away from him is that the British love him so much that he would be in danger from over enthusiastic greetings etc.

Old Apr 24th 2019, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to visit his golf club on the country's dime.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 9:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I see he will NOT be staying at Buck House when he visits, they night well be worried about the adverse crowds.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 9:46 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I see he will NOT be staying at Buck House when he visits, they night well be worried about the adverse crowds.
More likely that they don't want a lunatic wandering around the place.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Sorry to do exactly that, but apparently Trump is going to be in Portsmouth this summer, and the Little Lion and girlfriend are planning to go to the demo with a great big Mexican flag
Old Apr 24th 2019, 10:26 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Well paid jobs in factories and in auto assembly plants gone or going due to automation. Change to a service based economy. Increased competition from China as well as Europe and Japan in the manufacturing of exports.
Many people are going to feel a lot of pain as other jobs are phased out and replaced by green technology. The schools in this country are overall not very good and the US is down the list educational level. The new technologies in the next decades will require people with high standards of education. It's also predicted that most working people in their lifetimes will change careers at least twice. Healthcare costs are increasing because of the need for more and more skilled nursing staff and the increasing care which is needed for the large, aging baby boomer generation.

Bernie is playing the role of Pied Piper to the millennial generation in his promises of free college just as Trump fooled a lot of people in his promise to bring back millions of jobs. There's no such thing as free this and free that. One way or another it will all have to be paid for and if the debt ceiling is worrying now wait another ten years.

I don't envy my grandkids. They're going to face a lot of challenges as well as coping with a drastic change in climate conditions if global warming isn't checked
In this, look at UK issues and substitute US.
Look at the UK 100 years ago and today.
Look at the UK 50 years ago and today.
Look at the loss of competitive edge and failure of technology to replace it.
Look at the need for the UK to increase people in key roles, fail to do so and then rely on migrants.
Look at the people looking over their shoulder and convincing themselves that they can get the old days back.
Look at the underlying isolationist tendency, the failure of politics and the rise of the populists.
All this is waiting for you.......

Some of this is inevitable, some you can change - but you need to start.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Because he's basically a egotistical tw-t , being driven thru London in a horse drawn carriage sitting next to the Queen.
His head will be as big as the Trump balloon , which will be in sight.
+ it's 95% certain he will NOT be invited to address Parliament , but he's too thick to understand that this is a insult.

+ This
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-to-uk-in-june

Last edited by Ingles; Apr 24th 2019 at 10:57 am. Reason: added Link

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.