Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Oct 1st 2018, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Hey all, I know it goes beyond the claimed 2-minute attention span of some around here, but the "Trump @ War" documentary is currently available on YouTube. It's definitely worth a watch:

Old Oct 1st 2018, 6:16 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Slick production. There's a new superhero in town. Will he play himself in the film? Who will play Darth Vader and the evil witch of the west? Released just in time for the midterms, I reckon.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 7:10 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Hey all, I know it goes beyond the claimed 2-minute attention span of some around here, but the "Trump @ War" documentary is currently available on YouTube. It's definitely worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sr2ddgzrrE
Did you watch it and for what reason did you watch this and decide to post this here. I really hope it was not to aggravate in some way.
Have you the counter of this for balance.

This is not a documentary. It is a promotional piece of political whip & propaganda work by Bannon , timed for the US mid term elections.

Anyone with a h'aporth of sense should be looking for national and international hard facts and figures.

It is the buying into a preferred rhetoric like this that spoils & divides nations and its people rather than engaging in a democratic process.

Me as a poster.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

it isn't worth crap, unless one likes Nazi style propaganda. You are such a troll.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Did you watch it and for what reason did you watch this and decide to post this here. I really hope it was not to aggravate in some way.
Have you the counter of this for balance.

This is not a documentary. It is a promotional piece of political whip & propaganda work by Bannon , timed for the US mid term elections.

Anyone with a h'aporth of sense should be looking for national and international hard facts and figures.

It is the buying into a preferred rhetoric like this that spoils & divides nations and its people rather than engaging in a democratic process.

Me as a poster.
Yes, I watched "Trump at War" a few hours ago after my questions regarding his achievements went unanswered on the other thread. It occurs to me that we've all been negatively influenced by all the bad things we keep getting told about him. Sure he's had loads of names thrown at him and he's a very imperfect and eccentric person, elected when the line up of alternatives was really crap. But since being elected he's done what he said he would do and genuinely achieved a lot and says and does what he believes in a very non-presidential way. The film appears to be a fairly accurate and authentic summary of the last two and a half years of US politics, and I of course welcome those who want to show where the summary is inaccurate or to fill in any gaps.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
it isn't worth crap, unless one likes Nazi style propaganda. You are such a troll.
Instead of calling me names how about you tell me where it's inaccurate?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of calling me names how about you tell me where it's inaccurate?
If someone needs to explain it to you, you haven't been paying attention. I won't waste my time.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:17 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

His achievements so far, are illusions. Yes, he's deregulated and lowered taxes, particularly for the top earners, and there will always be a bit of bounce from that. So far though, the average taxpayer hasn't experienced much of it, but has only been told they have. That euphoria will eventually wear off. It always does.

​​​​​​And as the senseless trade war heats up and Americans start to feel it in their pocketbooks, companies quietly establish presence in more trade-friendly jurisdictions, job creation begins to falter, and unregulated banks start freely lending to an eager population unable to service that debt... Well, we know how that works out.

Last edited by amideislas; Oct 1st 2018 at 8:19 am.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
His achievements so far, are illusions. Yes, he's deregulated and lowered taxes, particularly for the top earners, and there will always be a bit of bounce from that. So far though, the average taxpayer hasn't experienced much of it, but has only been told they have. That euphoria will eventually wear off. It always does.

​​​​​​And as the senseless trade war heats up and Americans start to feel it in their pocketbooks, companies quietly establish presence in more trade-friendly jurisdictions, job creation begins to falter, and unregulated banks start freely lending to an eager population unable to service that debt... Well, we know how that works out.
Some of the analysis I've seen here have shown little or no increased investment as a result of the tax cuts, although pay does seem to be increasing along with employment rates.

The same analysis looked at the cost of those tax cuts, which the increased tariffs (particularly China) will be paying for. And as we know, tariffs are passed on to the consumer so those big tax cuts for the rich are being paid for by your average Joe.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

You have got to off your bloody head !
It's difficult to take 2 min's off his verbal s-it ,let alone a hour
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:02 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

@Paulry

Say hello to Cape Blue if you see him at work in that Russian troll factory tomorrow.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I watched "Trump at War" a few hours ago after my questions regarding his achievements went unanswered on the other thread. It occurs to me that we've all been negatively influenced by all the bad things we keep getting told about him. Sure he's had loads of names thrown at him and he's a very imperfect and eccentric person, elected when the line up of alternatives was really crap. But since being elected he's done what he said he would do and genuinely achieved a lot and says and does what he believes in a very non-presidential way. The film appears to be a fairly accurate and authentic summary of the last two and a half years of US politics, and I of course welcome those who want to show where the summary is inaccurate or to fill in any gaps.

Are you familiar with the term "confirmation bias" at all?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:17 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So, did he actually post a link to the Bannon "movie" ?

I use air quotes for "movie" because that's how The Human Pustule characterized his shitty little propaganda piece that he can't even find an audience for . Nobody else called it a movie, just Bannon.

I really do wonder about the type of mind that would be so easily seduced by such obvious manipulation. I suppose the same type that used to line up to buy snake-oil or give their hard-earned wages to a tent-show revivalist.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
So, did he actually post a link to the Bannon "movie" ?

I use air quotes for "movie" because that's how The Human Pustule characterized his shitty little propaganda piece that he can't even find an audience for . Nobody else called it a movie, just Bannon.

I really do wonder about the type of mind that would be so easily seduced by such obvious manipulation. I suppose the same type that used to line up to buy snake-oil or give their hard-earned wages to a tent-show revivalist.

It's what happens when you take too many Infowars supplements.

https://www.infowarsstore.com/?ims=g...nt=Top+Of+Page
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:24 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It's what happens when you take too many Infowars supplements.

https://www.infowarsstore.com/?ims=g...nt=Top+Of+Page

Because if you buy his supplements, you'll end up looking ike him? Good God.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.