Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden

President Biden

Old Nov 6th 2021, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Biden

Good to see #ThankYouBrandon is trending today.

Old Nov 9th 2021, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
Good to see #ThankYouBrandon is trending today.
Good to see that Democrats are just as capable as Republicans of behaving like stupid five year olds. #firstworldproblems
Old Nov 21st 2021, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Guardian view on Afghanistan: a fast-developing disaster

​​​​​​https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...oping-disaster

Also it seems he intends running for re-election.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 10:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post

Hopefully the Dems will come up with someone else. Kamala certainly won’t cut it.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

I have seen Kamala/Buttegig mentioned.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

No matter who pulled the troops out of Afghanistan, it was going to be a disaster.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
No matter who pulled the troops out of Afghanistan, it was going to be a disaster.
Quite possibly, Joe however owns it.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 11:22 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quite possibly, Joe however owns it.
Partly, but the generals tell those below them to make the plans, and to execute them. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of blame to go around in this and the last administration.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute

Not about Biden, but a good article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rs-punish-them
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

It is sort of NPR to be fair covered the tax breaks for millionaires in the Build Back Better.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vespucci View Post
Not about Biden, but a good article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rs-punish-them
Wow, that's bizarrely inaccurate/incomplete article. No mention of the fact that the $10k SALT limitation was a pretty transparent attempt by the Republicans in 2017 to stick it to blue states? And that when there was no SALT deduction limitation, there was a phase out of deductions at higher incomes? And that the AMT would still hit many higher income taxpayers regardless of this limitation being removed?

When this change was brought in by Trump my federal taxes went up by almost 30%. That's because that $10k covers both income and property taxes and is the same whether you file married or single. I'm hardly an "elite Democratic donor", nor are many of those who got hit hard by this change in '17. I know some will argue that blue states should have lower taxes, but the reality is that's it's typically red states that are feeding more at the teat of federal $$s. So even though I no longer work and wouldn't personally benefit from it, I strongly support removal of the SALT limit - as long as other changes, such as the reinstatement of the deduction phaseout, are also made. Alternatively, they could have a higher SALT cap, index it to inflation, etc.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 22nd 2021 at 11:02 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
Wow, that's bizarrely inaccurate/incomplete article. No mention of the fact that the $10k SALT limitation was a pretty transparent attempt by the Republicans in 2017 to stick it to blue states? And that when there was no SALT deduction limitation, there was a phase out of deductions at higher incomes? And that the AMT would still hit many higher income taxpayers regardless of this limitation being removed?

When this change was brought in by Trump my federal taxes went up by almost 30%. That's because that $10k covers both income and property taxes and is the same whether you file married or single. I'm hardly an "elite Democratic donor", nor are many of those who got hit hard by this change in '17. I know some will argue that blue states should have lower taxes, but the reality is that's it's typically red states that are feeding more at the teat of federal $$s. So even though I no longer work and wouldn't personally benefit from it, I strongly support removal of the SALT limit - as long as other changes, such as the reinstatement of the deduction phaseout, are also made. Alternatively, they could have a higher SALT cap, index it to inflation, etc.
I agree that Trump did this to stick it to the rich blue states, that red states are bigger takers, and that it should be noted that a phaseout and AMT may kick in to limit the deduction benefit, but I still think that this is a wrong move which will not help Democrats gain the trust and support of the working class.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 7:43 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

It is sort of NPR to be fair covered the tax breaks for millionaires in the Build Back Better.

This really is a salad o’ words.
Only thing that’s missing is Peppa the Pig.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Interesting bedfellows.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Many Canadian's during the Trump years forgot that Democracts are historically not free trade minded now acting surprised over this announcement.

Of course the US consumer will be hit with higher prices in the long run as the US can't supply all of its softwood lumber needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.