Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden

President Biden

Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: President Biden

At his age and with his issues I am prepared to give him a pass, but he is not alone, those pulling the string knew and they do not have that excuse.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
At his age and with his issues I am prepared to give him a pass, but he is not alone,
What issues, Boiler? He was healthy at his last check-up, and has another scheduled. He's healthier last the last guy in the White House.

And you weren't given him a pass though, were you?

those pulling the string knew and they do not have that excuse.
Wait, is it Biden or those allegedly pulling his strings? You're shovelling a slot of shit rhere.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

He is 78 what do you expect?

I will leave medical prognosis to those qualified
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:09 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

My Dad's intellect was as sharp as it ever was at age 79. No loss of mental faculty at all.
Not every elderly person loses their marbles.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

I am not saying people lose there marbles I know a lady who passed last year at 102 and even in her 90s she was remarkably aware.

It did get to the point where she could not do the altitude. But then a friends wife is having that issue at 64.

I would put an age limit say 65 negotiable. Stressful positions 24/7 are not for those nearly 80.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

He is 78 what do you expect?

Donald Trump is 75. He'll also be 78 at the time of the 2024 US Presidential election... He has a documented heart condition, amongst other things.

You'll happily refer to Biden's 'issues without any actual evidence.

I am not saying people lose there marbles I know a lady who passed last year at 102 and even in her 90s she was remarkably aware.

It did get to the point where she could not do the altitude. But then a friends wife is having that issue at 64.

I would put an age limit say 65 negotiable. Stressful positions 24/7 are not for those nearly 80.
So Trump should have been ruled out as a candidate in 2016 then. Because he'd have been 70 in the 2016 elections, and like I said above, 78 in 2024.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Sep 28th 2021 at 11:26 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Donald Trump is 75. He'll also be 78 at the time of the 2024 US Presidential election... He has a documented heart condition, amongst other things.

So Trump should have been ruled out as a candidate in 2016 then. Because he'd have been 70 in the 2016 elections, and like I said above, 78 in 2024.
Yes
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

IMO no one over the age of 65 should be able to run for POTUS.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 12:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

65 seems a reasonable age limit, US doesn't let pilots fly past 65, ATC have to retire fairly young as well, seems being president is more stressful and 24/7 with little time off, so if anything should have both an upper and lower age limit, say no older than 62 at start of first term.

Old Sep 29th 2021, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Past 65 you can not take passengers friend was asked to stay on but looked like he would end up doing more hours so declined. Still need to pass medical etc
Old Sep 29th 2021, 12:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

At his age and with his issues I am prepared to give him a pass
So what are the issues and who are the experts who reported them?
Old Sep 29th 2021, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

3,000 troops to do what, and where? How long before the Generals wanted more troops?
I don’t see how it would have been possible anyway given the agreement Trump signed with the Taliban. That committed the US removing all troops by last May. As to the second part, I could see that there may have been a re-run of 2009 when the generals pushed for a huge increase in troop levels.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 9:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
65 seems a reasonable age limit, US doesn't let pilots fly past 65,
Commercial pilots...

Private aviation has not limit as long as one passes the medical every two years.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
IMO no one over the age of 65 should be able to run for POTUS.
Why not all politicians? Why just POTUS?

Americans over age 65 run the country. Here are 7 charts that show how they hold more power than everyone else.

Has this conversation been done before, or is this a Biden thing?
Old Sep 29th 2021, 10:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Commercial pilots...

Private aviation has not limit as long as one passes the medical every two years.

Americans over age 65 run the country. Here are 7 charts that show how they hold more power than everyone else.

No it's been done before. Didn't happen between 2008 and 2015 though.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 12:17 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Commercial pilots...

At least in the US, it has been an ongoing issue for many decades. Part of the problem here is the US Senate, where there’ve been people in their eighties an even nineties serving. The special problem with the Senate is that the longer you serve, the more seniority you accrue, so the more attractive you become to voters, because their state then wields more power in Congress (including in government spending.) It’s hard to understand the mentality of someone who chooses to keep running for office late in life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.