Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Old Jun 18th 2019, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum...Part II

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
These are people living in the EU having their rights taken.
Yes, just like me.
Perhaps now in your warped-little-world you can understand why I truly hate all Basta** Tories and their English supporters for stripping my Rights as a EU Citizen from me, without the dignity of a vote. Anything I can do to damage these Bast**** I will do.
Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Correct & some off us where not allowed to vote !
Yes, I was one of the invisible disenfranchised.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:02 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

These are people living in the EU having their rights taken.
Not formally preserved in a legally binding agreement underpinned by the arbitration of the ECJ is not quite the same thing as having them taken.

In the event of a no deal Brexit it will be left until after the exit to formally agree those rights and the mechanism by which they will be legally guaranteed, or if that doesn't happen, left to individual countries to legislate to do so with encouragement from the Commission to maintain those rights as far as could reasonably be expected (as, in fact, was already being done prior to the last threat of the UK dumping itself out without an agreement).

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Remind me, during the ''Negotiations '' who exactely was using EU citizens as bargaining chips ... ?
So that it makes it OK for the EU to treat them so disgracefully?
No - what makes it ok is that the UK refuses so far to be bound by any agreement, preferring instead to decide what it will and what it won't sign up to but there are no "side deals" to be had while the WA is still on the table or formal negotiations on some other basis are in progress.

But, for example, here in Portugal, we have been assured that the routes to residency and to citizenship remain pretty much as before for any already resident or who arrive before the official Brexit date, come what may, on the simple understanding that the UK does the same.

Does that allay your concerns a little or is there some specific disgrace you have in mind with regard to treatment of UK citizens already resident in another member state?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Yes, just like me.
Perhaps now in your warped-little-world you can understand why I truly hate all Basta** Tories and their English supporters for stripping my Rights as a EU Citizen from me, without the dignity of a vote. Anything I can do to damage these Bast**** I will do.

Yes, I was one of the invisible disenfranchised.
He / They only bring this up when it suits his / their anti EU stand.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:11 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...no-deal-brexit

Looks like the EU see people as bargaining chips?
Looks like the UK Brexit secretary wanted yet another membership right without the EU membership or a deal....

https://www.politico.eu/article/euro...ussels-bubble/Ahead of last month’s European Parliament election, the Continent’s leaders and top-job candidates lamented at length the small number of women in high-ranking EU positions and promised to do better, pledging to work toward gender parity in the next Commission. Yet none of them even mentioned an equally great — if not worse — failure of representation: the dearth of people of color in Brussels’ corridors of power..
It's great that this is being addressed, but discrimination in favour of a gender or other group is still discrimination.

Everyone deserves the same opportunities for advancement in their chosen profession given everything else being equal. That starts at the bottom. Too many jobs are still male/female-dominated, and whether it's actively or passively happening, but unless you have a 50-50 mix male-female, and perfectly balanced ethnicity of employees to the general population , there are always going to be some discrepancies.

But if the majority of qualified candidates are white European, improve the qualifications and experience of those below to enable them to compete as equals. If the majority of candidates aren't white European, then find out why they arent getting the jobs, case by case.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:17 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

He / They only bring this up when it suits his / their anti EU stand.
Yes, he's oddly inconsistent, not to mention self-contradictory at times, isn't he? There was a piece he quoted at length above, with no further comment (a practice which he has been requested more than once by the mods to desist from in the past), which it would appear from his usual output to be nothing for him to get at all worked up about. In fact he'd normally get worked up about the very mention of the notion that something ought to change in that regard.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Yes, he's oddly inconsistent, not to mention self-contradictory at times, isn't he? There was a piece he quoted at length above, with no further comment (a practice which he has been requested more than once by the mods to desist from in the past), which it would appear from his usual output to be nothing for him to get at all worked up about. In fact he'd normally get worked up about the very mention of the notion that something ought to change in that regard.
I would have thought you would not have supported racism, especially within the EU.

Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:24 pm
Who - me?

Another truckload of straw for Boiler, please!

And make it quick - he's clean out.

Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

So you are or are not for diversity? The Guardian story suggests there is a very long way to go, and the UK was over contributing so the numbers will be be worse.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

So you are or are not for diversity? The Guardian story suggests there is a very long way to go, and the UK was over contributing so the numbers will be be worse.
How many non white Europeans stood as candidate ?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How many non white Europeans stood as candidate ?
Seems that the few who were nominated by their Parties were well down the list. Look at those who were at the top and pretty much guaranteed a spot.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seems that the few who were nominated by their Parties were well down the list. Look at those who were at the top and pretty much guaranteed a spot.
Which list ?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Another truckload of straw for Boiler, please!
And make it quick - he's clean out.
... Pathetic, isn't it - full of self-righteous clap-trap taken from any Alt-Right web-site. I genuinely doubt they're an ex-pat.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 9:14 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of expats...

What my Spanish neighbours think of Brexit

Old Jun 19th 2019, 8:00 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

You guys were foaming at the mouth when it was the UK supposedly using people as bargaining chips, now it's the EU doing it you're falling over yourselves to justify it - truly laughable
Old Jun 19th 2019, 8:02 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Daft remainiac article. Why would the Spanish be positive about Brexit, it means less free cash for them from the EU.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.