Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Old Nov 15th 2018, 6:49 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum...Part II

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
Well I agree that the 2016 referendum was a mistake, certainly.
Yeah, we should have had it in 1992.

Some interesting recollections of that time from Norman Lamont:

Old Nov 15th 2018, 7:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

And on the subject of the Maastrict era, check out this geezer, Jeremy Corbyn

Old Nov 15th 2018, 7:09 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Attitudes like yours help the populist fight back. Thank you oh clever and brave one
Fight back? Against what? Is there a war going on? Or is it just something imaginary?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 8:53 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

And on the subject of the Maastrict era, check out this geezer, Jeremy Corbyn
Yes, his pronouncements of yesteryear certainly stand the test of time in the main, don't they? And, of course, it's always worth remembering that despite his reservations over the EU, he voted remain in 2016 and would most assuredly do so again in the hypothetical event of another referendum.

Good to see you're a fan.

Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Yes, his pronouncements of yesteryear certainly stand the test of time in the main, don't they? And, of course, it's always worth remembering that despite his reservations over the EU, he voted remain in 2016 and would most assuredly do so again in the hypothetical event of another referendum.

Good to see you're a fan.

But did he?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:19 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

But did he?
5 seconds on Google.

Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
5 seconds on Google.

Jeremy Corbyn - Twitter
If you say so, but he was very nonvocal and at best half-hearted in the run up to the referendum. And he hasn't been passionate about it since - while he is clearly passionate with most of the other things he talks about.

5 seconds on Google suggests he's a closet Brexiteer
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:56 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If you say so, but he was very nonvocal and at best half-hearted in the run up to the referendum. And he hasn't been passionate about it since - while he is clearly passionate with most of the other things he talks about.

5 mins on BE suggests Cape Blue is also a closet Brexiteer.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:02 pm
Banned

An interesting thing Tony Bleh said recently is if they get their weird three-option "peoples (losers) vote". He said in the event of one being called the EU will offer heaps of concessions to help persuade people to vote to remain in the EU. It sounds like a cunning plan has already been developed. So lets survey the scene: The government has cobbled together a really really crap deal that is truly worse than staying in the EU that no-one in their right minds could possibly support ,while the remainer politicians have all been carping on endlessly about how catastrophic a no deal scenario would be. We know it'll be rejected when it gets put to the vote this will leave a decision point about where to go from there. The current arguing is saying either another referendum or a general election. Apparently, a no deal Brexit is "too ghastly" for them to even contemplate, and there's no ways the Tories will risk allowing a marxist Corbyn government so that leaves only another referendum. The trap is set and baited.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:20 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, you're a bit bloody exigent, aren't you?

I expect he probably decided that in view of the reception he got about anything he ever said (or didn't say) on any matter at all, with very few outlets making sure they reported him in a fair and accurate manner, that it might be better if he didn't stick himself up front and centre stage in the runup to the referendum.

And as for afterwards, how could he possibly have argued passionately against the triggering of Article 50 or many of the subsequent developments, especially with so many Labour pro-Brexit constituencies? I do recall him saying after the Article 50 legislation was passed that "the real fight starts now" - and once again, he appears to have been on the button.

Your 5 seconds on Google obviously wasn't all that wisely invested - I'd say it's pretty obvious he's absolutely not a Brexiteer. He could be classed as mildly Eurosceptic, in the sense of not regarding the EU as always entirely beneficial and with no downsides but certainly not to the point where he currently thinks the UK leaving is a better option than remaining. Like many of us, in other words but as the leader of a political party, and one well accustomed to having his words twisted, he has to be a good bit more careful with his pronouncements.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:24 pm
Who - me?

An interesting thing Tony Bleh said recently is if they get their weird three-option "peoples (losers) vote". He said in the event of one being called the EU will offer heaps of concessions to help persuade people to vote to remain in the EU.
Heaps of concessions? What - on top of the heaps of concessions the UK already has?

What might those be, then?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:33 pm
Banned

Heaps of concessions? What - on top of the heaps of concessions the UK already has?

What might those be, then?
The details he provided on a youtube video. I'd post it but you wont watch it.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:36 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I'd post it but you wont watch it.
I'm so proud of you right now I can't put it into words.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:37 pm
Who - me?

The details he provided on a youtube video. I'd post it but you wont watch it.
You could always just write them down but if you insist on dealing only in video nasties I'll see if I can make an exception this time round. I already watched the Corbyn one you posted earlier.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:46 pm
Banned

Jesus, you're a bit bloody exigent, aren't you?

I expect he probably decided that in view of the reception he got about anything he ever said (or didn't say) on any matter at all, with very few outlets making sure they reported him in a fair and accurate manner, that it might be better if he didn't stick himself up front and centre stage in the runup to the referendum.

And as for afterwards, how could he possibly have argued passionately against the triggering of Article 50 or many of the subsequent developments, especially with so many Labour pro-Brexit constituencies? I do recall him saying after the Article 50 legislation was passed that "the real fight starts now" - and once again, he appears to have been on the button.

Your 5 seconds on Google obviously wasn't all that wisely invested - I'd say it's pretty obvious he's absolutely not a Brexiteer. He could be classed as mildly Eurosceptic, in the sense of not regarding the EU as always entirely beneficial and with no downsides but certainly not to the point where he currently thinks the UK leaving is a better option than remaining. Like many of us, in other words but as the leader of a political party, and one well accustomed to having his words twisted, he has to be a good bit more careful with his pronouncements.
Crikey, you're hard work. Pretty much the rest of his party are very clearly remain supporters! If he's a remainer it probably does him more harm than good to be relatively silent about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.