Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Old Jun 30th 2020, 6:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum...Part II

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Or Clive Dunn, or the Military Wives choir.....
I was going to mention Neil Reid but Mother of Mine only made number two.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:32 pm
Devourer of Haribo

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I was going to mention Neil Reid but Mother of Mine only made number two.
We could be really cruel, and mention Cliff Richard and The Young Ones...
Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:57 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
You know, all that stuff you still deny and hate to hear is just as true as it was 4 years ago. Broken record? Or just reality. They told you it was the red pill. But it was the blue one. Sorry.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 9:39 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
You know, all that stuff you still deny and hate to hear is just as true as it was 4 years ago. Broken record? Or just reality. They told you it was the red pill. But it was the blue one. Sorry.
Red pill, blue pill, green pill with yellow spots on it, they all work; they all expose the Matrix that constitutes the Brussels confidence trick played on the european citizen...
And we've all seen the films, we've all witnessed those multi-tentacled machines manouvering to obliterate humanity, well Michel Barnier et al hide their tentacles well don't they?
You'd even be forgiven for thinking that the typical eurocrat was human and they have a long reach, even into BE threads, beware machine generated posts.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Just a bit of info ...

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info...0062020_en.pdf

Warning : contains a lot of long difficult words.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:44 pm
Devourer of Haribo

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
Red pill, blue pill, green pill with yellow spots on it, they all work; they all expose the Matrix that constitutes the Brussels confidence trick played on the european citizen...
And we've all seen the films, we've all witnessed those multi-tentacled machines manouvering to obliterate humanity, well Michel Barnier et al hide their tentacles well don't they?
You'd even be forgiven for thinking that the typical eurocrat was human and they have a long reach, even into BE threads, beware machine generated posts.
Sorry, I don't understand your point... Seen what films?

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Just a bit of info ...

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info...0062020_en.pdf

Warning : contains a lot of long difficult words.
Nice one!
Old Jun 30th 2020, 11:09 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Sorry, I don't understand your point... Seen what films?
Sorry, I'd have thought the red pill, blue pill, Matrix keywords would have provided a clue.
But apart from that, I was trying to insert a little much needed light heartedness into this thread by linking the machine-like repetition of a number of posts to the machine characters in the movies and, I agree this was stretching a point, to the sour disposition of the EU chief negotiator. I strongly suspect that his smile has been surgically removed to be replaced by one conforming to EU standards which means he's no longer allowed to have one at all.

Last edited by dave_j; Jun 30th 2020 at 11:20 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 12:22 am
Devourer of Haribo

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
Sorry, I'd have thought the red pill, blue pill, Matrix keywords would have provided a clue.
But apart from that, I was trying to insert a little much needed light heartedness into this thread by linking the machine-like repetition of a number of posts to the machine characters in the movies and, I agree this was stretching a point, to the sour disposition of the EU chief negotiator. I strongly suspect that his smile has been surgically removed to be replaced by one conforming to EU standards which means he's no longer allowed to have one at all.
Right, the Matrix movies.... Got ya now.

Leavers playing the Morpheus, Neo, Trinity and others in the Zion mainframe, I presume? Though shouldn't it be the Illuminati bringing light to the world?
Old Jul 1st 2020, 6:04 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
How depressingly anti-Tory negative. Do any of you actually smile? Ever?
I'm absolutely positive I did once, although my mother - who was present at the time - swears blind it was just wind.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all bizarre. The aim is to bring democracy nearer to the people, and for them to have greater control and be able to hold their elected politicians accountable. Disentangling from the expensive and unaccountable EU is just the first step.
I see the beginning to see Brexiter development of excuses to explain the negative effects to come from Brexit attitude of playing Russian roulette with the British economy. first blame the EU, then start blaming British politicians, then ? British politicians will be no more or less accountable because of Brexit.

Old Jul 1st 2020, 6:36 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to argue that it is truly completed until we are no longer subject to the EUs laws. The shitstorm was observing and participating in the battle to ensure that the result of the referendum was honoured. And just because I live in Australia it doesn't mean I wasn't involved. I traveled to the UK a few times during that torrid period.

Nice o.....oh. Hang on. You're being serious, aren't you?

What part did you play in the battle, paulry, shuttling back and forth between UK and Oz during those torrid days? Did you have to roam the streets engaging in urban warfare or were you in the elite YouTube Bombardiers?
Old Jul 1st 2020, 7:07 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Heeeyyyyy!!!!! Me, temperamental? I'm tired of all the talk. But at last we have a PM who is all ACTION!!!!! Bring it on , Boris, Britain can take it. As for untrustworthiness in the international arena, are you kidding? Just who is trustworthy in the international arena? Let's go, Boris.
I'm about as politically conservative a person you are likely to find in my age group without delving into those who practice racism and bigotry but I cannot emphasise this anymore strongly; Boris is an arsehole.

Unless you were being ironic in your comment in which case I apologise.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 7:16 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

And he got a 80 seat majority.
He got it because the only realistic alternative at the time was too much for many British voters, including myself, to contemplate and likewise many blamed much of the stalling and mismanagement of Brexit on the opposition. Had he been running against Stalmer 6 months ago then I think the result could have been very different.
​​
He called that election because he came out a winner in any eventuality. If he lost by a landslide then he got to dust his hands of Brexit and probably had a good book deal and years on the international lecture circuit to look forward to. If his majority didn't change then he was no worse off and if he won by a landslide, as per what happened, then he got pretty much what he'd always wanted for Christmas.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 8:07 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back DG - and with not one - but two posts with which I agree.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 9:10 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Welcome back DG - and with not one - but two posts with which I agree.
Thank you.

In some cases reading this thread can be occasionally theraputic. As conservative and controversial as some of my views may be, there are others in this discussion who are at a whole other level on the spectrum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.