British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate Mar 19th 2017 7:23 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12207986)
Holy cow. The bus really does just lie. :blink::eek:

https://brexitbus.ivotedremain.eu/bu...randing=remain

Well done Scamp for accepting Dick is one of the few gifted posters on BE.

InVinoVeritas Mar 19th 2017 7:27 am

https://brexitbus.ivotedremain.eu/bu...randing=remain

For political balance, I see you have included the EU in the background :rofl:

Scamp Mar 19th 2017 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12207993)
Well done Scamp for accepting Dick is one of the few gifted posters on BE.

So you failed to read the above, which was just above the image....

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12207994)
For political balance, I see you have included the EU in the background :rofl:

...and you didn't even notice the bus.

Can't Read, Won't Read

New show for Leave voters whenever the bus comes up?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

amideislas Mar 19th 2017 8:22 am

Meanwhile...

Reality has a funny way of grounding the delusional.

Britain’s Brexit Plan B
British trade officials are discreetly exploring a 10-year interim arrangement with the European Union in case a trade deal is not reached during Britain’s exit negotiations.

EMR Mar 19th 2017 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12207920)
Much like yourself the media either had a basic problem with comprehension or were twisting it into something totally different for propaganda purposes.

By the way the referendum is over in case you haven't noticed, so what on earth is the point of your pointless game !

:cool:

It's taken months , so finally not only do we have an admission from Dick that Brexit has yet to happen but finally, finally he has accepted that the referendum is over.
Mabye now Dick will focus on the UK instead of his anti EU OCD.
Somehow I doubt that he will.

Fredbargate Mar 19th 2017 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12208003)
So you failed to read the above, which was just above the image....

You mean the reference to India who will possibly more important to the UK post brexit

Scamp Mar 19th 2017 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12208039)
You mean the reference to India who will possibly more important to the UK post brexit

I thought the 'I' word was banned now?

Red Eric Mar 19th 2017 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12207916)
ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC in view of the fact that the sign on the bus did NOT lie, nor did it make a promise, but merely a suggestion.

To take it a little further, it pretty well demonstrates who were the less intelligent ones, who were unable to comprehend simple basic English.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12207919)
The plain fact is that in comparison to the endless stream of fake news and propaganda that was pumped out every single day by the BBC and numerous others most of which has since been debunked,
in reality the Remoaners have little cause or no cause for complaint at all.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12207920)
Much like yourself the media either had a basic problem with comprehension or were twisting it into something totally different for propaganda purposes.

There's an article here from the staunchly Eurosceptic Daily Telegraph. I'd be very surprised indeed if you could find anything that even you could describe as pro EU in it, ever. It refers to The £350m NHS Pledge as "the £350m NHS pledge". David Davis, arch-eurosceptic, Leave campaigner and now Secretary of State for leaving the European Union is also directly quoted calling it a pledge.

Asked about the £350m NHS pledge, Mr Davis said: "I made no such pledge. Some did and if you want them to argue the case you should invite the people here who made that argument. You will find in no speech of mine any reference to that.”
David Davis distances himself from Vote Leave's pledge to spend £350m on NHS after Brexit

I expect we could probably find plenty of other references to Leavers calling it a pledge, even after they had tried to make out that it wasn't. Such an easy mistake to make when you write something in such definite terms on the side of a bus. Even Nigel Farage said it was a mistake, which isn't quite the same thing as a suggestion.

amideislas Mar 19th 2017 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12208039)

How big a house does India have? A pool? New Lamborghini? A yacht? Credit cards with no limit? Surely "no-bennies" cheap-arsed Trumperica will be too stingy to compete with that. Besides, they're a nasty bunch of ganstas and they already have plenty of bitches. Still, it's worth considering that Trump's gang will eventually be gone and some other sucker will take over. Ka-ching?

In any case, we got mouths to feed, so better get busy losing a few pounds, get a makeover, put on the push-up, buy some sexy dresses & a few pairs of stilettos. The competition is fierce out there.

InVinoVeritas Mar 19th 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12208067)
How big a house does India have? A pool? New Lamborghini? A yacht? Credit cards with no limit? Surely "no-bennies" cheap-arsed Trumperica will be too stingy to compete with that. Besides, they're a nasty bunch of ganstas and they already have plenty of bitches. Still, it's worth considering that Trump's gang will eventually be gone and some other sucker will take over. Ka-ching?

In any case, we got mouths to feed, so better get busy losing a few pounds, get a makeover, put on the push-up, buy some sexy dresses & a few pairs of stilettos. The competition is fierce out there.

Isn't it a bit early in the day to be pissed, Ami?

EMR Mar 19th 2017 11:36 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12208074)

You need to look up Irony .
It crystal clear to anyone with a second working brain cell.

iano Mar 19th 2017 11:38 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12208067)
put on the push-up, buy some sexy dresses & a few pairs of stilettos. The competition is fierce out there.

Woof.😜

Talking of makeovers, Nicola Sturgeon's latest attempt to out-butch Ruth Davidson ? 😀

InVinoVeritas Mar 19th 2017 11:51 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12208075)
You need to look up Irony .
It crystal clear to anyone with a second working brain cell.

And their head up their own arse ;)

Garbatellamike Mar 19th 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12208079)
And their head up their own arse ;)

wow when did EMR get a second working brain cell? Breaking news :sneaky:

amideislas Mar 19th 2017 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12208074)

It's sunday! Just got back from church :sneaky: