British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Dec 7th 2016 9:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12123466)
We chose to get off the sh!t pot. It's a case of jumping through burocratic hoops and dealing with some cry baby remoaners now.

No it isn't. It's the after-the-fact realisation of what Brexit actually means, and desperately finding some way to leave without actually leaving. That's what's causing the consternation. Bureaucracy? Hardly. Article 50 could have been triggered from day 1, before anyone realised what Brexit really meant.

EMR Dec 7th 2016 9:24 am

I am sure that TGA ,Dick would rather live under one if their EU dictatorships than in the UK where the rule if law is paramount rather than political panicking on the part if the government.

DaveLovesDee Dec 7th 2016 10:42 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12123386)

From the Express link;

“If MPs do their democratic duty in backing this amendment, it will be morally impossible for them to go back on it if another vote is required before the end of March.”

The move effectively invites MPs to put up or shut up. The Government amendment will agree to publish a Brexit plan but Parliament would also vote to trigger Article 50.

Today’s vote is officially symbolic and not legally binding.
All this amendment is doing is to try to bind Parliament to the will of Theresa May, not the will of the people and the rule of law. As was the Supreme Court appeal.

I thought we were supposed to be leaving to put our Parliament in charge (taking back control), and that the EU was a dictatorship. Theresa May is acting like the dictator here in refusing to allow our elected representatives to represent us all.

DaveLovesDee Dec 7th 2016 11:00 am

Very quietly, Liam Fox admits the Brexit lie

Members of the WTO have things called schedules, these are basically a description of your trading relationship with the world. They list things like your tariffs and your services commitments. Britain's are currently held under an EU umbrella and they'll need to be extracted ahead of leaving.
UK’S COMMITMENTS AT THE WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION:Written statement - HCWS316

"In order to minimise disruption to global trade as we leave the EU, over the coming period the government will prepare the necessary draft schedules which replicate as far as possible our current obligations."
So we're repealing all these EU laws post-Brexit (not really, they will be just moved into UK law (which they already are)) and our current trade deals will change very little under WTO rules.

So why are we leaving? And why are we leaving an alleged dictatorship and replacing with an actual dictator.

EMR Dec 7th 2016 11:31 am

Every day, brexit means brexit is looking more and more like " brexit " we have not got a clue.
The story of the emperors new clothes comes to mind.

DaveLovesDee Dec 7th 2016 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12122425)
Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award.

He gets my vote!!
Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award

I can't think of anyone more deserving.

He didn't win though!

Donald Trump - Time magazine's Person of the Year

TGA Dec 7th 2016 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12123482)
You just hate living in a country that has its laws and traditions that have evolved over centuries .

No

EMR Dec 7th 2016 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12123607)
No

Then you cannot object that Parliament not the PM decides when we brexit.
The PMs climbdown is being debated in Parliament today.

TGA Dec 7th 2016 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12123618)
Then you cannot object that Parliament not the PM decides when we brexit.
The PMs climbdown is being debated in Parliament today.

its way above your head mate.. don't even try;)

Red Eric Dec 7th 2016 5:28 pm

New research finds cutting EU immigration drastically will not only harm economy but also yield only an extremely small increase in wages for the low paid

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y-niesr-report

EMR Dec 7th 2016 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12123784)
its way above your head mate.. don't even try;)

Says he who obviously only listens to newsround and has never read a newspaper thzt does not have a red tiitle in his life .

TGA Dec 7th 2016 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12123805)
Says he who obviously only listens to newsround and has never read a newspaper thzt does not have a red tiitle in his life .

please don't assume my gender identity:sneaky: Today I would like to identify as a trans black female going by the name of rusty

Thank you

Bipat Dec 7th 2016 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12123791)
New research finds cutting EU immigration drastically will not only harm economy but also yield only an extremely small increase in wages for the low paid

It is not clear from the report whether they are considering the effects of cutting the overall number of migrants or free movement of EU migrants. They are separate issues.

SultanOfSwing Dec 7th 2016 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12123813)
please don't assume my gender identity:sneaky: Today I would like to identify as a trans black female going by the name of rusty

Thank you

Wanker.

DaveLovesDee Dec 7th 2016 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12123791)

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12123816)
It is not clear from the report whether they are considering the effects of cutting the overall number of migrants or free movement of EU migrants. They are separate issues.

Do try reading the link properly please. Here's the first paragraph.

A major cut in immigration from the European Union to Britain after Brexit would produce a damaging long-term hit to future economic growth while yielding only a “modest boost” of under 1% to the wages of low-paid workers, new research has found.
What does the first nine words say? I've made them bold for you.