British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

mikelincs Nov 26th 2016 10:22 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12114884)

This is the important part of that, it's certainly not a done deal.

Quote

<Jaguar boss warned Britain is in a race with Germany to put electric cars at the heart of the industry>

Dick Dasterdly Nov 26th 2016 10:49 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12114900)

Yet another desperately miserable week,

........for the Remoaners I see.

My heart bleeds for the poor sods.


NOT !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

EMR Nov 26th 2016 11:14 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12115000)
Yet another desperately miserable week,

........for the Remoaners I see.

My heart bleeds for the poor sods.


NOT !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yet another week of leaver fantasists not understanding that brexit has yet to happen and that the UK continues to enjoy the growth of recent years and the benefits of EU membership.

EMR Nov 26th 2016 11:15 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12114983)
This is the important part of that, it's certainly not a done deal.

Quote

<Jaguar boss warned Britain is in a race with Germany to put electric cars at the heart of the industry>

You will only confuse TGA, Dick et al when you start using facts.

GeniB Nov 26th 2016 11:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12115011)
Yet another week of leaver fantasists not understanding that brexit has yet to happen and that the UK continues to enjoy the growth of recent years and the benefits of EU membership.


Exactly .and published before they had time to digest the chancellor's dire warnings of deep recession and horrendous debt to come. The UK cannot continue to Quantitive Ease .So for the first time since the beginning of the recession they are faced with the real problems some Southern European countries have been struggling with for the last five yrs

Dick... for the umpteenth time .. you cannot quote these articles about business happening now. It's post article 50 and the subsequent deals done that are going to be the real test. Don't for one minute believe big business isn't making contingency plans and if they are able to stay in the uk ,thats great. If not, they won't hesitate to go It's not about loyalty and never has been for them.. It's about cold hard cash. No one wants anyone to fail.. what we want is CLARITY or in other words what was promised almost 6 months ago now - and counting. :confused:

Fredbargate Nov 26th 2016 11:57 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12114708)
The post I responded to never mentioned accepting. Only understanding.

And we accept fully that Parliamentary democracy means Parliament deciding when Article 50 should be triggered.

It's the government who doesn't accept it.

But the many remain posters here do not wish to accept the result of the referendum hence the support shown for various challenges to that result

EMR Nov 26th 2016 12:13 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12115031)
But the many rcemain posters here do not wish to accept the result of the referendum hence the support shown for various challenges to that result

I accept the result but not any acts that have a negative result on the UK economy and its peoples.
I reject any attempt by a few brexit extremists to over rule the UK parliamentary system.
I cannot see the UK remaining in the EU but I do see those behind a hard brexit paying the price for their extreme views in years to come when the UK electorate , the 52 % who voted leave realise that they are worse off because of Brexit.
I and tens of millions will use our vote to punish this government for its acts if they damage the UK economy and reduce even lower the living standards of those now reffered to as JAMs and those even worse off..
It may take 5 years or even longer for many who voted leave to realise that they were well and truly conned but they will.
Brexit policies and governments that damage the UK can be defeated in time at the ballot box, that is democracy.

Red Eric Nov 26th 2016 12:49 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12115031)
But the many remain posters here do not wish to accept the result of the referendum hence the support shown for various challenges to that result

What challenges to the result?

Assanah Nov 26th 2016 1:18 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12115031)
But the many remain posters here do not wish to accept the result of the referendum hence the support shown for various challenges to that result

.

That is such a narrow minded argument. The UK decided to join the EU decades ago. How dare you challenge it? Why show such disdain for a democratic decision? And if it is OK to challenge democratic decisions why isn't OK to challenge the referendum? I see no reason not to challenge the referendum. Especially a referendum that was based on lies. Why do the British submit to that like an old donkey on its way to the butcher?

I think that ones everything is on the table a new referendum or election is in order. That wouldn't be undemocratic or unfair or disrespectful. It would give people the opportunity to really decide based on facts not emotions.

EMR Nov 26th 2016 1:31 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12115069)
.

That is such a narrow minded argument. The UK decided to join the EU decades ago. How dare you challenge it? Why show such disdain for a democratic decision? And if it is OK to challenge democratic decisions why isn't OK to challenge the referendum? I see no reason not to challenge the referendum. Especially a referendum that was based on lies. Why do the British submit to that like an old donkey on its way to the butcher?

I think that ones everything is on the table a new referendum or election is in order. That wouldn't be undemocratic or unfair or disrespectful. It would give people the opportunity to really decide based on facts not emotions.

Judgement on the final terms and its affects on the UK will be made by the electorate at some time in the future.
If this coincides with the reforms that many if not all remainers want to see in the EU then who knows what the future holds, what will be on the table in years to come.

Bipat Nov 26th 2016 1:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12115069)
. [FONT="Arial"][/FONT
That is such a narrow minded argument. The UK decided to join the EU decades ago. How dare you challenge it? Why show such disdain for a democratic decision? And if it is OK to challenge democratic decisions why isn't OK to challenge the referendum? I see no reason not to challenge the referendum. Especially a referendum that was based on lies. Why do the British submit to that like an old donkey on its way to the butcher?

I think that ones everything is on the table a new referendum or election is in order. That wouldn't be undemocratic or unfair or disrespectful. It would give people the opportunity to really decide based on facts not emotions.

We should have had a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. Perhaps now UK has learned some lessons!

EMR Nov 26th 2016 1:59 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12115081)
We should have had a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. Perhaps now UK has learned some lessons!

Should we have a referendum on any thing that some disaprove of, thats a silly idea.

Bipat Nov 26th 2016 2:18 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12115083)
Should we have a referendum on any thing that some disaprove of, thats a silly idea.

Writing down the Constitution, extending the powers of the ECJ.
Just 'silly' little things! :sarcasm:

EMR Nov 26th 2016 2:32 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12115097)
Writing down the Constitution, extending the powers of the ECJ.
Just 'silly' little things! :sarcasm:

First of all the UK does not have a written constitution to be " written down".
Given thst only 7% of UK law can be directly attributed to the EU where is this extension of EU powers you refer to .
The brexit vote had little if anything to do with those matters that concern you.
Had they we would not be leaving.

Bipat Nov 26th 2016 2:42 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12115104)
First of all the UK does not have a written constitution to be " written down".
Given thst only 7% of UK law can be directly attributed to the EU where is this extension of EU powers you refer to .
The brexit vote had little if anything to do with those matters that concern you.
Had they been we would not be leaving.

The EU Constitution!!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:33 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.