British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

paulry Nov 8th 2016 8:46 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12099004)
Except in most of the Eu countries where the trend is now strongly towards the right.

Once again, it doesn't need Einstein to figure out why.

:cool:

The article is suggesting that in the EU, besides a lean to the left there are right leaning outliers - anti-immigration and nationalism. Now where have we seen that before?

amideislas Nov 8th 2016 8:51 pm

If there's a low pressure system moving in off the Atlantic, you can be pretty sure the weather isn't going to be sunny and hot. But you can choose to believe otherwise if you want. It's (still) legal to have your own opinion. Well, at least till you folks get your way.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 8th 2016 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12099010)
This

Perhaps, although most of it is perception as opposed to reality. It's not really a right-left issue. The lines between them are now blurry.

For example, the battle cry of the right sounds suspiciously like the left of yesteryear, while the battle cries of the left sound suspiciously like the right of yesteryear.

Victory is all that matters now. This has little to do with logic or what's best. It has everything to do with ideology, even if it means abandoning the ideology to achieve a victory.

I presume you mean Victory for all of those Eu countries pissed off with the Eu dictatorship and which are now reacting accordingly.

sir_eccles Nov 8th 2016 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12098998)
The Uk Parliament voted by a massive majority in the ratio of Six to One in favour of a referendum deciding future membership of the Eu.

The Uk govt made a firm promise to implement the decision of the British people.

Non-binding advisory referendum.

The point I am making is that it doesn't take Einstein to work out that apart from the Euro sceptics, the majority of those MPs in favour of remaining in the Eu clearly must have voted for, approved of and been happy for the issue of Eu membership to be decided by the Referendum.
They probably thought that because a majority of MPs were Remain then that would translate to rest of the country. Didn't count on idiots like you though.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 8th 2016 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 12099048)

They probably thought that because a majority of MPs were Remain then that would translate to rest of the country. Didn't count on idiots like you though.

Probably the Govt issued a clear commitment in the same stupid and wrongful belief as is typical of the rest of the Remoaners

And they obviously didn't count on idiots like you either. :cool:

lutonlad Nov 8th 2016 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 12099048)
Non-binding advisory referendum.

So Leavers are idiots. Is that what you're saying?

Dick Dasterdly Nov 8th 2016 9:49 pm

'DON'T COME HERE!' Merkel migrant U-turn as Germany orders EU to SEND BACK boats to Africa

ANGELA Merkel today performed an extraordinary U-turn on mass migration as Germany ordered the EU to begin turning back boats full of asylum seekers crossing the Mediterranean.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 8th 2016 9:51 pm

Spain and Portugal to clash with EU over ‘IMMORAL' penalties | World | News | Daily Express

'It is SABOTAGE!' Spain and Portugal to clash with EU over ‘IMMORAL’ financial penalties

THE European Union (EU) is preparing for a ferocious showdown with Spain and Portugal today as proposals for controversial financial penalties are discussed.

Stupidity beyond belief, still considering financial penalties against countries already deep in the mire.

Just another example of the EU Dictatorships frustration that they have now lost control, no longer can they exercise absolute power and haven't the faintest clue which way to turn.

lutonlad Nov 8th 2016 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12099010)
This

Perhaps, although most of it is perception as opposed to reality. It's not really a right-left issue. The lines between them are now blurry.

For example, the battle cry of the right sounds suspiciously like the left of yesteryear, while the battle cries of the left sound suspiciously like the right of yesteryear.

Victory is all that matters now. This has little to do with logic or what's best. It has everything to do with ideology, even if it means abandoning the ideology to achieve a victory.

For once, maybe I agree with you.
What specific ideologies do you think come into play?

Dick Dasterdly Nov 8th 2016 10:06 pm

Juncker blames 'arrogant' refugees for re-housing policy failure - Telegraph

"Junker blames 'arrogant' refugees for re-housing policy failure.

Jean-Claude Juncker rounds on national governments and migrants for the collapse of an EU policy intended to help manage migrant crisis"

Well,well,well.

Now the "arrogant refugees"are to blame as well as National govts.

Of course nowt to do with Junckers Merkel and co who were clearly warned of the likely consequences of their disastrous policies long before it ever got to the present stage.

I see Merkel also did a dramatic U turn today.
A bit late in the day for shutting the stable door I fear.
My sympathy lies with the German population.
Germany is no longer Germany apparently.

DaveLovesDee Nov 8th 2016 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12099072)
Juncker blames 'arrogant' refugees for re-housing policy failure - Telegraph

"Junker blames 'arrogant' refugees for re-housing policy failure.

Jean-Claude Juncker rounds on national governments and migrants for the collapse of an EU policy intended to help manage migrant crisis"

Well,well,well.

Now the "arrogant refugees"are to blame as well as National govts.

Of course nowt to do with Junckers Merkel and co who were clearly warned of the likely consequences of their disastrous policies long before it ever got to the present stage.

I see Merkel also did a dramatic U turn today.
A bit late in the day for shutting the stable door I fear.
My sympathy lies with the German population.
Germany is no longer Germany apparently.

We've voted to Leave.

I expect us to Leave.

Why are you still campaigning for the Leave vote?

EMR Nov 8th 2016 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12099066)
'DON'T COME HERE!' Merkel migrant U-turn as Germany orders EU to SEND BACK boats to Africa

ANGELA Merkel today performed an extraordinary U-turn on mass migration as Germany ordered the EU to begin turning back boats full of asylum seekers crossing the Mediterranean.

Posting the same link within a couple of hours dies not make any less of a pile of your usual steaming stuff.
Is your short term memory going?

Scamp Nov 9th 2016 3:57 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12099101)
We've voted to Leave.

I expect us to Leave.

Stop confusing him.... it's not fair

jimenato Nov 9th 2016 4:55 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12099101)
We've voted to Leave.

I expect us to Leave.

He's still trying to convince himself he voted the right way, bless him.

Red Eric Nov 9th 2016 6:05 am

Maybe he's asking for a 2nd Referendum? Or best of 3, possibly?

It was probably the highlight of his life - must all be a bit of an anticlimax now.