British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Jul 5th 2016 5:36 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11994430)
9Latest efforts today by BOE fail to stop decline in sterling, now E1.17..
Standard life and Aviva suspend trading in their commercial property funds due to outflow of funds.

What next ?

Armageddon and WW3 apparently.

Surprised you're still around EMR I would have thought you'd have been on the first flight out.

Can't quite figure it out myself, apparently there's still at least as many folk or more coming in than before.

Wonder if they all have a death wish ? :confused:

amideislas Jul 5th 2016 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11994519)

Surprised you're still around EMR I would have thought you'd have been on the first flight out.

Can't quite figure it out myself, apparently there's still at least as many folk or more coming in than before.

I think you may be right, Dick. Britain is certainly becoming more dangerous. But I suppose that's just more "scaremongering"

Hate Crimes Soar Since Brexit Vote - Police

http://media.skynews.com/media/image...-1-736x414.jpg

GeniB Jul 5th 2016 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by calman014 (Post 11994498)
Meanwhile, engineer "Scotty" Fox notices that the transporter has been used several times by officers abandoning the ship in an unauthorised manner. There is still no clue where the previous captain has beamed down to, though erratic settings made in a panic indicate that he may not have reached his planned destination at all and simply disintegrated.

2nd officer Fairy reveals why she has been using the WC so much. She has an admirer stashed in there.. Shock horror.. It is none other than one of the 'dead ones' Captain Toad rolled over with his boot at the start of this ill starred voyage. (when was that? we all forget or try to)

YES It is he 'the blond one' behaving in a veeery surprising and matey way with the Fairy...

Captain Toad turns away from this unpleasant scene.. Just in time to see the 1st officer stuffing what looks like a fox into the refuse chute ? :confused:

Dick Dasterdly Jul 5th 2016 7:00 pm

Brussels Broadcasting Company caught red handed up to their dirty tricks again.

Leave.EU
38 mins ·
BBC CAUGHT RED-HANDED SNEAKING AROUND LEAVE.EU HQ
A team making a programme for BBC 2 from Hat Trick productions snuck into the the Bristol offices of Leave.EU today, going around with secret microphones and hidden cameras asking random staff members if they thought they had "ruined the country".
"Brilliant effort, chaps," commented Andy Wigmore, Leave.EU's irrepressible Head of Communications. "An enterprise after my own heart – but no cigar."
"Our security team rounded up these pound shop secret agents and handed them over to Her Majesty's finest outside Topps Tiles long before they managed to infiltrate my office, sadly", added Leave.EU co-chairman Arron Banks.
Mr Banks described the hapless pair, pictured below, as "More Bono than Bond, honestly. You would think a broadcaster drowning in public money could pull off a more competent operation."
"I understand they were looking for Vote Leave ringmaster Matthew Elliott. He hasn't asked me for a job yet, I must say, but provided he doesn't come over wearing a wire as well my door's open.
"It's all good fun, of course, but a bit tragic to see the BBC still trying to fight the Remain campaign's battles for it well into July.
"Guys, we know the stupid, racist public didn't vote the way which you, in your great wisdom, told them they should, but it's over now: the horse has well and truly bolted.
"If you must continue wasting time crying over the result, show up to one of those whingefest anti-democracy protests the spoiled millenials and superannuated Leftists keep throwing outside Parliament on your day off. Don't waste time making fools of yourselves at my offices on the license fee payers' dime."

Oh how the mighty have fallen. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jul 5th 2016 7:12 pm

Maybe you should look in your own backyard first Ami.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...in-hate-crime/

EMR Jul 5th 2016 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11994519)

Well your third sentence shoots another brexit fantasy in the head.
Immigration continuing unabated..

What happened to the brexit forcasts that nothing would happen, that DC, Osborne Carney and 99% of all economists, bankers etc had got it wrong.

Facts again Dick, your achilles heal.

Dick Dasterdly Jul 5th 2016 7:34 pm

Yet more bad news.....

Jaguar Land Rover opens £20m James Bond-style special ops centre | This is Money

... .for the beleaguered Remainers . :cool:

EMR Jul 5th 2016 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11994604)
Yet more bad news.....

Jaguar Land Rover opens £20m James Bond-style special ops centre | This is Money

... .for the beleaguered Remainers . :cool:

Small thing please little people.
A decisionntaken long before a referendum was even being duscussed.
Facts Dick, Facts.

amideislas Jul 5th 2016 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11994588)
Maybe you should look in your own backyard first Ami.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...in-hate-crime/

Fear and racism is indeed a troubling trend. But more of it won't make it better.

Unfortunately, we've just voted to become even more insular and fearful. The irony of course, being that compared to others, we actually have had it much more under control.

But in the end, I think a little humility will do us good....

Dick Dasterdly Jul 5th 2016 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11994621)
Fear and racism is indeed a troubling trend. But more of it won't make it better.

Unfortunately, we've just voted to become even more insular and fearful. The irony of course, being that compared to others, we actually have had it much more under control.

But in the end, I think a little humility will do us good....

Exactly the opposite.

We have voted to treat all countries around the globe and their peoples as equals, unlike the narrow minded EU which looks upon most of the rest of the world as second class citizens at best. :cool:

EMR Jul 5th 2016 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11994683)
Exactly the opposite.

We have voted to treat all countries around the globe and their peoples as equals, unlike the narrow minded EU which looks upon most of the rest of the world as second class citizens at best. :cool:

Facts again Dick 188,000 non EU migrants in the last 12 months on record.
Is that treating the rest of the world as second class citizens.?

Dick Dasterdly Jul 5th 2016 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11994701)
Facts again Dick 188,000 non EU migrants in the last 12 months on record.
Is that treating the rest of the world as second class citizens.?

Not having the same rights as EU citizens makes them second class citizens.

There is no good reason why all people from whatever country should not be considered equally.

Red Eric Jul 5th 2016 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11994706)
Not having the same rights as EU citizens makes them second class citizens.

There is no good reason why all people from whatever country should not be considered equally.

That's an interesting forecast, Dick.

What you're saying there is that the UK should, in future, be treating all immigrants as equal to its own citizens as soon as they become legally resident and not, for example, discriminating against them by charging them a fee that its own citizens do not have to pay in order to access the NHS, or threatening to boot them out if they can't be bothered to earn more than the average UK citizen. And definitely not discriminating against people who have chosen to marry British citizens by telling them they can't settle in the UK if they are not hardworking enough to earn £35,000 within 5 years.

I look forward to some wholesale changes in the law now that the UK has Taken Back Control and is no longer under the Dicktatorship of the nasty old EUSSR. We're free as of now - when can we expect that to start happening?

Dick Dasterdly Jul 5th 2016 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 11994735)
That's an interesting forecast, Dick.

What you're saying there is that the UK should, in future, be treating all immigrants as equal to its own citizens as soon as they become legally resident and not, for example, discriminating against them by charging them a fee that its own citizens do not have to pay in order to access the NHS, or threatening to boot them out if they can't be bothered to earn more than the average UK citizen. And definitely not discriminating against people who have chosen to marry British citizens by telling them they can't settle in the UK if they are not hardworking enough to earn £35,000 within 5 years.

I look forward to some wholesale changes in the law now that the UK has Taken Back Control and is no longer under the Dicktatorship of the nasty old EUSSR. We're free as of now - when can we expect that to start happening?

You make some valid points Eric, for instance I have already spoken out several times against the intention of the present UK govt to send hard working, conscientious people back to their original countries after living and working in the UK for most of their lives. :cool:

Red Eric Jul 5th 2016 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11994747)
You make some valid points Eric, for instance I have already spoken out several times against the intention of the present UK govt to send hard working, conscientious people back to their original countries after living and working in the UK for most of their lives. :cool:

Yes - I remember.

A very small and selective bunch, not at all representative of the large number of people in similar situations.

Much like the heralded "equal ops immigration policy" I reckon ;)